• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your toughest moments in Pokemon?

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    -Going through Victory Road in Fire Red. It took me MONTHS to find out what those blue things were (I found out that I needed to use Strength to activate the ''switches").

-Beating Lorelei and the whole League with Fire Red. I didn't know much about Pokémon, and I only had a lv72 Charizard and NO OTHER POKÉMON except rattatas, pidgeys etc. around lv 4. I decided to train a lot in Victory Road (took me almost a year) and finally I beat Gary's Blastoise with a lv89 Charizard with only 2PP Cut left. Finally!!

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    The switches in the Underground in G/S/C were harder than they should have been to me. I'd always thought that it required some elaborate combination, and one night I didn't seem to be getting anywhere so I gave in and looked up the combo online. Only to find it's just 3,2,1. I'm an idiot. >.>
    The puzzle in Wallace's gym in Ruby ticked me off too. Stupid ice. -_-

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
  • I had problems with the ice gyms of both gen III and gen IV.
    Oh, and taking on Red's Pikachu in Mt. Silver (in Silver, funnily enough) with a team of level forty-five to sixty Feraligatr. And one HM-slave Croconaw at the same lvl (which was called "Slave", funnily enough. XP).
    I JUST beat it, only to get wasted by Snorlax the next turn. D=

And getting stuck in one of the Seafoam Islands with only a level 100 Venusaur... I ended up having to get it to faint to get out.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Trying to beat Lorelei in a Rock monotype challenge in LeafGreen. I still haven't beaten her.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    When I first played the Blue Edition It took me ages~ to find the door opener in the silph co. house. It took em so long (well I was at 101h before i found it) because I didnt see that in the 7th flor you would just need to go on the transporter field and go back and move down xD

Before that I borrowed the red edition of someone I met and it took me ages to get out of the Moon mountain xD

in Silver it took me about three attempts to get past Karins' Houndoom . Its crunch and flamethrower really knocked me out often enough ^^.

Back