• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your (typical) levels of anger.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    When you get angry over something pretty typical - something that happens pretty regularly - what are your levels of anger? A good example of a typical thing is something like losing a video game level over and over again. Example for myself below if you're confused.

1. try again.
    2. not a problem. try again.
    3. a little frustrated, but i give it another go.
    4. omg are you serious? are you kidding me? continue to try, frustration building.
    5. frustration continues to build, continue to try.
    6. curse, and often sassy and dismissive with others if they try to communicate with me.
    7. nope. nope. i don't care anymore. i'm done. that's it. likely to toss something i'm holding.
    8. get frustrated with myself for giving up, try again.
    9. realization that it's just not in the cards.
    10. done for good. or at least until i give it another shot.

Most of these are the steps of anger I have if someone keeps pushing me in a verbal situation as well.

Sir Codin

Black-out, soon to be covered in blood, psychosomatic rage that puts the fear of God into all.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I don't get to show my anger, because I am able to handle it rather well. Too well, for someone who has anger issues, actually.

I just swear a lot in my mind.

Sirfetch’d

I'm very passive when something is bothering me. I'm not really good at channeling my anger so I don't let myself get to that point. If I feel like something is bothering me or likely will I just avoid the situation and move on to something else to get it off of my mind. I like being a happy person!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I get mad at every single thing, as seen earlier and as we speak, to be honest. Sometimes I just want to cut people down...I'm a 6-7 combo, as I'm usually mixing swears in with angry hand motions.

Years
  • I can have issues reigning in my anger, but how angry I get for similar things depends on factors. I don't show anger to, or get very angry at, people I don't know well or in a professional setting. For people I am very close to (husband and immediate family) my fuse is tiny - I just let it out.

I don't generally have much patience for games. I think the biggest video game rage I have ever had was over Dragon's Dogma. Capcom decided to release a patch that corrupts save files - my save file got corrupted after 60 hours of play time. The most annoying thing is, at the time my file was corrupted Capcom was aware the patch did this, and instead of removing it from automatically updating they just released a statement on their webpage (which I don't frequent) for players to make a backup of their save files. WTF CAPCOM?!? I was yelling and storming around for a half day in pure fury after that happened.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I typically either don't care or I am about ready to break something or rip someones throat out of their anus because I'm so mad. There are only 2 levels.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • one to ten. That my levels and I honestly try not get to ten if possible. That not a good level nobody wants to see that level. My anger could and can and have made do very stupid jacked up things.

Years
  • I swear a lot. It's funny, in real life you cant really piss me off, no one really crossed my line of patience that far, but when I play the game, everything can piss me off. I was just now playing Pokemon Platinum and every single encounters makes ma a bit angry, Geodudes, Gravelers, all of them at Mt Coronet, they just piss me off sometimes lol.
    But otherwise, I rarely get pissed. And if I do, I listen to some epic/heroic/movie trailer's music, its my way to blow things out, and its pretty efficient.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Whenever I play multiplayer matches with randoms and they're all on the opposite side of the map while I'm getting swarmed by the entire opposing team and I die, I tend to throw out numerous obscenities and scream. Recently, I've started slamming my controller/fist on my bed and teeth-♥♥♥♥♥ing, as well as clapping my hands. I also tend to give middle fingers, tell people to go ♥♥♥♥ themselves and to burn in hell for all eternity and that I wish dismemberment upon them in the most painful and torturous way possible, and call people "useless pieces of ♥♥♥♥ that couldn't shoot someone in the ♥♥♥♥ing head if they were standing right in front of you, holding a funnel to their head, and shoving the tip of your gun right into it". Numerous times I've contemplated lobbing my controller through my TV screen.

Also, when people gloat rudely/constantly if they beat me in something, I kind of want to face them and punch them in the face/rip their head from their shoulders. I may give a cheer if I win something, nothing big, so I expect the same from others. Gloating over a victory is very rude. Learn to be humble and respectful because the other person put in as much ♥♥♥♥ing effort as you did and just because you won doesn't mean you're any more ♥♥♥♥ing special than they are.

But y'know, outside of all that I'm pretty good at controlling my anger.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'm too passive lol I don't actually get angry or enraged. I can be irritable or frustrated, but I don't let it get the best of me or my day.

Years
  • I rarely have steps. I usually just go straight to like a 7. I scream when I'm mad. Feels good to get it all out without hurting someone/something. If I'm at an 8, I'll hurt myself. If I'm a 9, I'll break something. If it's a 10, I'm pretty much full blown crazy and just lock myself in a room and hope no one comes close to the hurricane of anger that I have become.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I start ♥♥♥♥♥ing to someone about whatever made me mad and I sometimes take it out on whoever made me mad, if it was a person. I usually feel bad about it later because when I'm in the heat of the moment, I say some nasty things. But if that's past and I look back and still think it was deserved...yeah, no apology.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm a six. Without the sassy part though, lol. But that's literally the highest I can go in terms of anger. If I'm in a relatively good mood before I start to get frustrated, I'll probably be a four.

Years
  • After having some anger issues in the past, I've gotten much better about being passive and understanding, so right now my absolute worst response would be a four on that scale. There have been some instances, although rare, where things get a little out of hand, like when a girl bumped into me while I was holding my chemistry midterm, causing me to drop the beaker, watch a weeks worth of work spill on to the floor as the glass shattered, and start the ENTIRE LAB over again. :[

Back