• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    There's a thread like this on PC called Unpopular Pokemon Opnions, and I thought we could replicate it here and expand it to all games. So you probably get what yor suppossed to do in this thread: state any and all video game related opinions you have that you think are unpopular amongst the general gaming community. And maybe comment on others opinions. So share your not-so-popular game opinions guys!

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • For me, seems like quite a few people I run across are impatient, which can make some of the games I really enjoy unpopular, whether it's my incredibly long but immersive games like Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter Nights, or the occasional Minecraft; or my choices of in-depth strategy games like Civilization V or The Battle for Wesnoth. Don't get me wrong, I love quick matches of League, Halo, and various card games, but there's times that either I can't keep up with the speed, or am just trying to escape for awhile to clear my head.

As far as in the games themselves... I'm not exactly sure how you'd describe it. I mean, a majority of things I do can be considered unconventional in that I'm aware of competitive metas or casual tricks of the trade, but I still just kinda do my own thing and hope it works. Sometimes people think I don't try when I really am, I'm just trying to do it my own way, like, I will never look up a guide of how to do a build or what your timings should be, because to me, that's using someone else's idea. (plus my whole philosophy that what works for one person doesn't mean it works for everyone, yada yada)

Basically, you could say I'm like a turtle. It will take me time, time I don't mind spending, but eventually come up with something that's, for a lack of a better way of putting it, just mine.

Years
  • I agree. I find the GTA series to be severely overrated judging by the sales they generate. They way I see it is basically gamers are able to live the lives that they can't in real life. Also, I have a couple CoD games as well and even though I think they're overrated for what they are; practically recycled material from previous games into a new one.

Reactions: Mew

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I have quite a few actually...

GTA is boring IMO. Granted, I haven't played since III, but I just haven't been interested enough to give it a second chance. The novelty of stealing cars and constantly being on the run from the police is entertaining for like, 20 minutes, but it wears off quick. And the actual story/missions are uninspired imo. I just can't sink my teeth into it.

Final Fantasy VII is not the greatest RPG ever made. Yes, I understand it's the one that basically set the standard for JRPG's to this day, and yes, it's the game that got me into JRPG's, but it really hasn't aged well...I just don't get the same feeling from playing it that I got when I was a kid. The story is still great though.

Graphics don't matter that much to me. I mean, they're nice, but if I were in the mood for top notch graphics, I'd just pop in a 3D animated movie. When it comes to games, I'm looking for good gameplay. There's way too many games out there that rely too heavily on good graphics, and neglect actual gameplay quality.

Reactions: Mew

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I tend to play any and every game that even seems cool. If the jacket on the back of the box sounds interesting enough, I will buy it-no matter if it's over $60 dollars or is cheaper than takeout,whether it is insanely popular or if the people at Gamestop try their best to deter me from buying it (ex. Two Worlds II and Defiance). If it seems fun i'll play it, no hesitation.

The main thing is I am basically the type of gamer a lot of people don't like. I play games hardcore, as a lifestyle. The majority of my waking hours are spent gaming,posting about gaming, watching game related videos,etc. So, i'm that try hard no-lifer people tend to make jokes about. But hey, to each his own, and everyone has their own lifestyle, and this is mine.

Last edited:

TY

Despite everyone hating EA taking control over the C&C series, i actually enjoyed C&C Tiberium Wars. The game was fun, had some great balance and the story was pretty difficult to beat, even on easy. The expansion for it made the game even better with awesome sub-factions... though it's the only C&C game EA didn't screw up :/

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 have aged poorly

Mario Kart hasn't actually been good after Super Circuit

Most AAA titles released every year are anything but remarkable

PC gaming is overhyped to hell and back (coming from a PC gamer)

I thought almost all of what Rare made with Microsoft was great (before they really got gutted into a Kinect-only studio; almost all because I played everything they put out except for the Conker port.)

FPS games are completely dead to me. Sometimes I forget to acknowledge they even exist now.

Years
  • I should've patented the "Unpopular Opinion" threads, it's even in the anime subsection in Culture & Media now.

I don't find Project Diva F vocaloid voices as annoying as I had thought it would be.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, and Zelda Windwaker are masterpieces.Megaman Zero 3 is the best platformer ever.
    The only FPS I enjoy is Borderlands.

Metricus

The Sympathetic Freaker
    Years
  • I'm not even gonna explain myself, I'm just gonna list them.

- I loved the Windwaker from the first moment I played it and never had to warm up to it like most Zelda fans.

- I hate realistic games like sports games. If I wanted realism I would just go outside.

- I think Nintendo has great franchises, but needs to call it quits as far as consoles, at least TV consoles. They need to start focusing on their great franchises and releasing them for Sony consoles, together they can defeat Microsoft.

- The Xbox hasn't been good since the original.

- I liked Pokemon G/S more than R/B

- I actually enjoyed the Megaman: Battle Network series

- I have never gotten into Assassin's Creed, GTA, or Mass Effect.

- The first two Elder Scrolls games have aged very poorly, and there's really no reason to play them except for lore. Also Morrowind was the best.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I've tried to play FFVII recently on Steam after it being praised by my boyfriend. I couldn't get into it at all. I am a stickler for good (see "decent") graphics, and I could not see past Cloud's octagonal rendering. This was especially irksome when in battle he actually has a good model!

I do not like most FPS. Killzone was the only one I ever found fun (story, not multiplayer). I would give Titanfall a chance if I had the system for it.

I really enjoyed the FFXIII trilogy. I know people hate on Lightning, but I feel if they had a slightly more lively voice actress then she would be perfect.

This one is vague, but I can not go back and play most old games. I have to wait for remakes usually, unless of course we are talking about Pokemon.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • JRPGs suck and really don't deserve the title RPG because their's no roleplaying involved. Mass Effect is overrated. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is overrated. The konquest mode was the best part of Mortal Kombat deception. COD is actually okay except the campaign is way too short. Graphics do matter but not as much as gameplay. JRPGs usually have terrible storytelling which is to be expected from anime, manage, or pretty much everything Japanese (with some exeptions.) GTA is overratted. Turn based combat is the most regressive form of combat in gaming and needs to be done away with completely except for in Mon battling games. The combat is Dragon Age 2 was awesome if not the story. Resident evil and Mortal Kombat were actually good videogame movies. Nintendo consoles suck, they need to focus on games. MMOs are boring... and that's about all I have. To each his own.

Years
  • Final Fantasy XIII is a great game. (but not for everyone)

This would be mine, but the entire trilogy seemed good. (I say seemed because I can't play LR: XIII so I just watched through the story on youtube, but I liked XIII-2 when I played it)

Also I think Lightning's lack of emotion actually makes for a good character especially when explored upon in the new game. Much better than some of the other perceived blank characters in FF history.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Tidus was not that big of a wimp and crybaby, I actually liked him.

That indie game Ib kinda sucks. It was all hyped up to have one of the best story lines ever for games and it was really just meh.

Back