• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your very first video game

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What was the first video game you ever played?

If computer cd games count, my first one was Curious George Print and Paint Studio.

If that doesn't count, then probably Mario 64.

Years
    I no longer recall, but top contenders I remember playing long long ago:
    -Age of Empires
    -Pokemon Red/Blue
    -Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Years
    • Seen today
    There's a photo of my dad showing me how to play video games on his old NES system. I'm going to take a wild guess that it was Super Mario Brothers because we had 3 different cartridges of it in the house. So that would have have been my first game.

Since he passed away not long after, it ended up being one of our very few pictures together.

Years
    Road Rash on Sega Saturn.

The son of my mom's friend owned a Sega Saturn. My sister and I would watch him play and he would also give us a turn on playing.

Years
    I'm not sure exactly which one was the first one, but I remember playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Prehistorik and Vlak when I was young. So it's one of them.

Years
    I'm not actually 100% sure. The earliest I remember is Pokemon Stadium on the Nintendo 64 but I feel like something else probably came first.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
    For me its New Super Mario Bros on DS as well as Mario & Luigi Partners In Time. The latter of which also is the first RPG video game i ever played. Its so good :3

Years
    The first game I remember playing was the first Donkey Kong Country, in a hospital waiting room. It blew me away as a 4 year old, I actually thought I was watching a movie.

The first game(s) I remember actually owning were the Humongous Entertainment PC games, like Pajama Sam, Spy Fox, Freddi Fish, and Putt Putt. Those were a lot of fun, and I go back to them occassionally for the nostalgia.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My first one was Kirby's Dreamland for the original Gameboy.

papper

pikachu clone
    Years
    I played a lot of those kissing flash games in elementary school but I think my first game game was little big planet! it still slaps.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    When I was around 5 my moms bought me a first generation Vsmile. It was a cartridge based game system from the 2000s that had nothing but licensed games based on cartoons and movies. I owned a few games for it and I don't know which one I played first. It was either Toy Story 2, Ratatouille, or some other game I don't remember the name of. Toy Story 2 was an adventure game about Buzz Lightyear exploring the air ducts of a building and crossing the road in a cone in order to rescue Woody. Ratatouille was a 2D platformer about the rat from the movie collecting various foods to make a dish. The third game had the player explore a town to gather items. Towards the end the player had to solve a Pokémon style arrow tile puzzle. This was the only game on the system I was ever able to beat. Video games were so foreign to me back then that I didn't know what to do. I have no idea what happened to the Vsmile or the games I had with it. Maybe my parents sold it after I lost interest?

The first video game I played on a "real" console was New Super Mario Bros. I got it with a black DS Lite for my 8th birthday. I sold the DS Lite in 2011 to save up for a 3DS, but I still own the cartridge.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    One of my very first video game was Donkey Kong Country for the Game Boy Color. Also Winnie the Pooh in the 100 Acre Wood.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I have two answers for this. What I remember and what I don't remember.

My parents claimed they bought for me the original Atari and I played on it. But I don't remember this.

As far as the first video game I 'remember' playing... I believe it was either Pokemon Red on the original GameBoy, Super Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo or possibly Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis.

I honestly don't remember lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I remember my very first game was Pokemon Stadium 64. When I was either 3 or 4 my parents bought it to me for my birthday. I had no idea what to do so they sowed me how to use the controller. Probably about 15 minutes later I learned how to play the game and I would go on to beat that game, the second one, and many more games on that Nintendo 64. After that I remember getting a Gameboy Color and started playing Pokemon Red and other games which I can't remember at the moment. This makes me feel old.

Back