• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Gaming Experience

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I sure hope this is in the right place XD - I tried looking for something similar and ended up with nothing, so here goes.

Post here your worst gaming experience. What game got you really frustraded? What certain genre do you just loathe? Write it all here.

Here's mine.

It goes by the name of Universal Studios: Theme Parks Adventures. This absolutely terrifying game basically consists of you walking around this stupid imitation of a Universal Studios theme park, to find items and unlock incredibly stupid cutscenes. Except this kinda works FF-style on the overworld-talking.

Everytime you make around 20 steps, it has to load the next area (much like Final Fantasy), except this lasts about 5-freaking seconds. Doing this every quarter of a minute is actually quite damn annoying; believe me.

You then eventually manage to get a map by organizing yourself through the unpassable NPC crowd which is just there; it's useless, it's annoying, and it's completely pointless to just stuff so many people into one small area.

Basically, you'll find yourself saying things similar to this, or maybe even worse:
    "WTF, I FOLLOWED DA STUPID MAP, WNET FROM OEN SIDE 2 THE OTHER JUST TO UNLOK DIS STOOPID CUTSCENE THAT IS SOOOO POINTLESS - IT'S A FRIKKING PLANE CRASHING ON TO YOU, FOR A SPLIT-SECOND. I MEAN WTF?!"

Truly amazing how some games piss the everliving crap out of you, yet you wonder how Nintendo actually went and said "hey, let's license this and sell it!".

As mentioned above, post your experience here!

The Triumvirate

Making Pokémon totally Metal
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    One of my worst experiences is from one of the best games.

Dead Rising for Xbox 360. Getting captured by Cult Members. You're doing fine against the groups of them, dodging they're suicide attacks, slashing them away with a sword, then one throws that powder at you. It stuns your guy and they drag you away. You wake up in some room which you lack knowledge of. You're stripped of everything you have and have no idea where you are. It's even worse when a SWAT team member takes you down. That's when you need to untie yourself from their trap but if you struggle too much, they knock you out and you waste more hours on your time limit. Ugh.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I've had many horrifying gaming experiences, (*CoughFinalFantasyMysticQuestandRockN'RollRacingcough*) but in all seriousness, navigating the worlds in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories has got to be the most frustrating thing ever! I love the game itself, and the battle system is pure awesomeness (<3), but I just can't stand that pointless door opening and such. Maybe I could tolerate it if the worlds wouldn't look like they were made of bricks, but the blocky, extremely plain maps are just... no! ;_; And then there's those ''lul, u needz a 0 or 9 card 2 get tru heir so just go baet up 100s of enymies 2 get teh write card oterwise u can never get thru'' doors that are incredibly annoying if you just used your last map card with the right value to open a door earlier in the world. I gained around 15 levels when I tried finding a right card of the right colour and value to unlock the Key of Begginings door in Castle Oblivion, which kinda sucked. ._.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^Oh I've had one (and still have, might I add XD) in Kingdom Hearts II. The part where you have to defeat what was it, Demyx? Yeah, you have to defeat him by destroying these 10 water creatures in 10 seconds. It's sooooo annoying, I haven't even managed to pass it yet. >_> Maybe it's just because I suck at KH. XD

The Triumvirate

Making Pokémon totally Metal
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    ^Oh I've had one (and still have, might I add XD) in Kingdom Hearts II. The part where you have to defeat what was it, Demyx? Yeah, you have to defeat him by destroying these 10 water creatures in 10 seconds. It's sooooo annoying, I haven't even managed to pass it yet. >_> Maybe it's just because I suck at KH. XD

All you have to do is grab one of them when they change into music notes. It gets rid of them very easily.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Right now I can't really think of any other than catching Larvita in FireRed. I remember I had to use like 35 Pokeballs, 20 Ultra Balls and maybe 20 Timer Balls. :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    ..I was playing Sonic Heroes, running in the first Team Sonic stage. Suddenly, the scenario becomes transparent and they fallen in the ocean/sky blue thing. That scenario killed me!
    ..Bugs in SH do scary things..

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    Worst experience being: I played MGS3 for hours and hours and got about half way through the game, when I died, and it turned out that I had forgotten to save THE. WHOLE. FRICKIN'. WAY. THROUGH.
    or
    The Great Escape makes for a really horrible game, honestly. I mean... the graphics are EXTREMELY horrible, and the storyline goes a little bit like this:
    Nazi exec.: You want to break out? Try getting help from these people.
    These people: You want to break out? Just do this, this, and this to get out.
    Nazi & people: : D

.. ugh. >>

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
    My worst gaming experience? Let's see..... I have one bad one in Kingdom Hearts. When you're fighting the Ansem possessed Riku and when you get his health like flippin' low. It gets annoying because of his ultimate attack , heres what happened:

Me/Sora: Alright! He's gonna get owned because I have full life and he's got low hp!
    Riku:Feel the true power of darkness!
    Me:WTF? WTF is he gonna do now?
    Riku: *starts to speed up to make it seem like he's teleporting and slashing me at same time* Hyyyyaaaah! hyaaaah hyaaaaaaaaaaaaah! x 10
    Me:Ah crap! low hp! and I'm out of potions! Phew he stopp-
    Riku:HYYYYYYAAAAAh! *lands while stabbing his sword into the ground and beams come up from under me*
    Screen/Sora: Uuuugh! *Screen shows continue or game over*
    Me:God dammit!

AC_Drain

1600x 1200
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    I was playing dig-dug and I got to like level 70. The monsters start moving so fast you have to bend around in circles like a maniac. Arcade games do not have a ceiling, they just get harder and harder.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I was Training up on Ruby when i came across a shiny Golbat and ran away by mistake. It has to be the worst thing that has ever happened.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    All you have to do is to use the Wild Dance reaction command and keep pressing the triangle button and it'll kill at least 7 of them. The rest are easily killed with spells or good ol' Lock On + attacking.
    My worst gaming experience? Let's see..... I have one bad one in Kingdom Hearts. When you're fighting the Ansem possessed Riku and when you get his health like flippin' low. It gets annoying because of his ultimate attack , heres what happened:

Me/Sora: Alright! He's gonna get owned because I have full life and he's got low hp!
    Riku:Feel the true power of darkness!
    Me:WTF? WTF is he gonna do now?
    Riku: *starts to speed up to make it seem like he's teleporting and slashing me at same time* Hyyyyaaaah! hyaaaah hyaaaaaaaaaaaaah! x 10
    Me:Ah crap! low hp! and I'm out of potions! Phew he stopp-
    Riku:HYYYYYYAAAAAh! *lands while stabbing his sword into the ground and beams come up from under me*
    Screen/Sora: Uuuugh! *Screen shows continue or game over*
    Me:God dammit!
    That happened to me the first time I played through Kingdom Hearts, too. o.o But then I equipped 3 Dark Rings (or 2 Dark Rings and a Raven Claw, can't remember. x___x) and laughed at Riku for not being able to do any real damage. But I sucked on my first playthrough and now Riku is piece of cake for me. All you need to do is Glide and while gliding cast Cura. That way Sora will use the spell before he gets low enough to get hit by Riku's attacks. It also helps against Sephiroth, but that's quite beside the point. I've also learned that Dodge Roll is definitely my friend. <3

Oh, and I've got another horrible gaming experience - the last battle in Final Fantasy VII. It was so ridiculously easy. ._. The battle went like this:

Sehpiroth uses Wall
    Cloud uses Big Guard
    Nanaki (Red XIII) attacks, deling around 3000 damage
    Yuffie attacks with Conformer (more damage if the opponent's level is high.) and 4x Cut, resulting to 4x9999 damage.
    Sephiroth uses Shadow Flare on Nanaki - miss
    Yuffie (with maxed out Speed thanks to Morphing the enemies in Gelnika into Speed Sources) attacks with 4xCut again
    Sephiroth gets pwned.

I didn't even get to enjoy One Winged Angel because the battle was over so fast. ._. I didn't even take damage in the battle. <.< So much for an awesome, dramatic final battle.

IvySaur

Before I figured out how to do it, Demyx in Kingdom Hearts II was REALLY hard for me. Wild Dance is very, very good.

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories right now, and I keep getting lost trying to figure out where I'm going. I agree with Smarties-kun, the maps are really confusing!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    it was kingdom hearts

the start when sora must face the demon i still havent beat it.Ive had the game for 2 months

Back