• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Nightmare

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I'm just gonna stop trying to justify long periods of absence and just request somebodyto rate my team. :P This team started when Hyra (whom somebody may know as the TL of the CAP Project that made Revenankh... assuming you know about it) added his take on a few parts of what he heard on a discussion on ipl's team. After that, me and a guy named Beej worked on refining the team. The results have been pretty cool so far, but... just to make sure.

Your Worst Nightmare

Azelf @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 128 HP/128 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion
    ---

Dual-Screen Azelf. :D While it doesn't have Focus Sash, I've been able to comfortably set up one or two screens while the opponent is setting up SR or whatever, then Exploding and passing off to Gliscor. If the opponent survived with a Sash, their attacks usually bounce off while Gliscor sets up. SR is just there... because. I may use Psychic so as to get rid of the annoying Sash part, but maybe, maybe not.

Your Worst Nightmare

Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Taunt
    - Swords Dance
    - Agility
    ---

While sometimes, I wish I had some kind of attack move (I've lost a game or two because Gliscor was unable to attack), Taunt has proved invaluable for allowing me to get my pass off. Main pass recipients are Vire and Metagross, since they're not really capable of statting up on their own, and are generally quite beastly with +2 in Attack and Speed.

Your Worst Nightmare

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 124 HP/252 Atk/132 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch
    ---

Beastly if it can get the stat boosts from Gliscor, and has even succeeded in saving the day unboosted. Not much else to say other than, "Beastly and sweeps teams" Speed EVs allow it to outspeed +Speed ScarfTran after Agility.

Your Worst Nightmare

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang/Fire Blast
    ---

One of the scariest Pokemon in Platinum. Enjoys the Screens for set-up time, and Baton Passes to get scary, scary things: like the equivelant of two Dragon Dances. Of course, I usually can't BP to Mence because its Ice weakness overlaps with Gliscors, and that's kind of a no-no. :P Otherwise, sweeps teams.

Your Worst Nightmare

Electivire (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Motor Drive
    - Cross Chop
    - Thunderpunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    ---

This is technically my answer to bulky waters that confound most of the rest of my team. Cresselia's not even popular anymore. :D Has the added benefit of absorbing the TWaves that counfound the rest of my team for an improvised sweep. Electivire's cool nowadays. It resists Bullet Punch.

Your Worst Nightmare

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang/Earthquake
    ---

Gyarados. It resists Surfs that hit Gliscor and is neutral to Ice moves, so with Screens, Gyarados is also a cool pass recipient... unless it's like a Vaporeon that carries HP Electric, but I usually pass to Vire or Gross in those incidents. Gyarados is pretty deadly, handling Bullet Punch ably, and hitting hard and fast on most things. Also one of the two "stand-alones" that can save the day if Gliscor gets crippled somehow.

I'm considering Ice Fang over EQ for the most part because ewww, Celebi, and most of the grounded steels can't take a boosted Waterfall anyways.

No flashy colors, but a team that looks pretty scary, mirite? :D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Im curious, how does one handle ddmence, ddtar and ddgyara? >: (Granted they cant switch in easy, but its still nice to have insurance against them)

Bronzong handles the first 2 and can do exactly the same set as azelf bar taunt. But zong gets trick, hypnosis and more fun options too, something to consider.

To help with Gyarados, given its purpose to beat bulky waters, some sort of offensive rotom could fit >> vire, ( possibly some sort of all out LO/expert belt or even charge beam + 3 attack set idk) just for insurance. And you could still pass speed to it...

Yeah...

Last edited:

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Im curious, how does one handle ddmence, ddtar and ddgyara? >: (Granted they cant switch in easy, but its still nice to have insurance against them)

Usually by the time they come out, I'm passing something off under the protection of Screens. At which point, they usually die.

Bronzong handles the first 2 and can do exactly the same set as azelf bar taunt. But zong gets trick, hypnosis and more fun options too, something to consider.

Eww Zong. The problem is that this team is built for fast set-up, which Zong doesn't really help with. It could probably get the screens set up more reliably, but wouldn't get them up as quickly.

To help with Gyarados, given its purpose to beat bulky waters, some sort of offensive rotom could fit >> vire, ( possibly some sort of all out LO/expert belt or even charge beam + 3 attack set idk) just for insurance. And you could still pass speed to it...

I could pass Speed, but I'm not sure if it has the wall-breaking potential that Vire allows. Also, SD pass would be wasted. It's tempting, but I'm not really sure if it'd work out as well.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Mag...=[ You're using physical Electivire. I'll leave it be, since you obviously want to use it. But PLEASE Mag, add Fire Punch in that set somewhere. It helps against Forretress and Bronzong.

DDGyara and DDMence weak...Honestly =/ I guess a SCARF GENGAR is in order (Timid please). Over something.

Back