• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your worst Shiny experiences

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I know I've mentioned it like twice already in separate shiny-related threads, but I encountered a shiny Nidorina on Crystal and I didn't have any Poke Balls 8(

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Shiny Hoothoot in Crystal during your trip to Mr. Pokemon's house (to get the Egg) when you aren't allowed to have PokeBalls yet...

Apparently a lot of people have had this happen to them! Right at that point in the game lol

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I have told my story before but my story was from a game I bought from ebay from Japan, I was facing a yellow Groudon, didn't know what the heck so I turned my game off, I know games from Asian countries can be pirated, I regretted that so much after I found out what it was.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    My worst shiny experience was back in 2009 in my Fire red. I had ran into a shiny Pidgey, but I foolishly forgot to bring Poke balls with me, so I had faint it. However, it apparently followed me across 3 regions and countless save files, because I found a shiny Pidgey in White Forest. And this time? I actually had Pokéballs.

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    chaining to get starly in platinum finally got a shiny starly somehow accidentally KO it -_-

Pinta77

In crystal, i found a shiny lickitung and ran cause i was new to pokemon and i didnt know it was special. Then i thought the pink one was rare... Until i found more

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2013
    My worst shiny experience was back in 2009 in my Fire red. I had ran into a shiny Pidgey, but I foolishly forgot to bring Poke balls with me, so I had faint it. However, it apparently followed me across 3 regions and countless save files, because I found a shiny Pidgey in White Forest. And this time? I actually had Pokéballs.

okay that is awesome!
    and on my heartgold i was going to mr pokemon and i ran into a shiny hoothoot. you don't have pokeballs at this point. do the math.

Back