• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Subject In School

Your worst subject

• Mathematics

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Language Arts

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Science

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Computers

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Health

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • P.E.

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Foriegn Languages

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 20 17.7%

• Total voters

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    English. Don't ask. I have my reasons. mainly me hating reports, butyeah.
    My least favorite subject is English. I absolutely loathe writing.
    Same here. I actually completely skipped this huge research report in English (persuasive writing + me + research = failfailfailfailfail) because of the immense stress of other work, but I almost failed English this year and ended up getting a D- (which is one notch away from a failure, for those of you with other mark systems) when I turned the research report in a month late and badly thrown together. s:

Math. I really do fail in math. I used to be great at it, but then highschool math happend.
    Wow, same here! Strange... I wonder if more people share the experience?
    Yeah, I share that experience. I used to be my school's mathematics genius. Dx

EDIT: I've never heard of a religion class, but in my AP European History class there's a chapter about Muslim history, and another about Christian sovereignty in the Roman Empire. :D

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Lol you guys are probably better than me. I got my English unintentionally from watching Cartoon Network (despite no subtitles) too much.
    I actually whine to my teacher because she taught us A rank something English so she gave me easy work papers so I was sleeping in the library all the time. I don't have English class anymore.. I miss it.

^
    I actually failed at middle-school math but I'm quite successful with high-school math. Perhaps because I now have a proper teacher and not one that smells like she did naughty things yesterday night =/.

Years

Same here. I actually completely skipped this huge research report in English (persuasive writing + me + research = failfailfailfailfail) because of the immense stress of other work, but I almost failed English this year and ended up getting a D- (which is one notch away from a failure, for those of you with other mark systems) when I turned the research report in a month late and badly thrown together. s:

I almost failed an English course because I never did one or more of the big papers on several occasions. Most times, I escaped with a D- or a D, but twice I actually got a C or a C+ despite not doing a whole lot of the writing work.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I voted PE because i'm terrible at all the sports we do. The only ones i'm somewhat decent at like Gymnastics, Athletics and other bendy thing, we hardly do or don't do at all. The reason I chose it over Modern Languages (which in my school is just French), which I hated more, is because I have PE for over three times as long. Plus, at least I've got rid of french now, and have little more than twelve words to show for it; PE is mandatory!

I hated French because it was so boring, and my teacher was just a bag of wasted air. She didn't even attempt to make things a bit more interesting. Like I said, in three years of French I have 'learned' about 12 words, and most of them i knew before.

RSE (Religion mostly) was another subject that really annoys me, again because its mandatory. The main reason I hate it is because of how biased it is toward Christianity and Islam. It's always their view on something, any other religion (or lack of) is largely ignored. Being an Atheist, I find studying religion tedious at best.

English? I don't enjoy lessons because what you do is always so boring. I love reading and writing. I love debating, and I even love analyzing. But the texts and the tasks we get in class are terrible. Shakespeare is a definite low for me. I can understand it perfectly, enough to know that he cannot write to save his life, his characters are cliched, his plots are average at best and many are very similar to the point they are essentially the same. Even creative writing generally fails miserably, I like to get really creative and take my readers to places they could only dream of in short stories, but the scope of what we can normally do is so narrow only a copper wire could struggle through. The only exception to that was a task we got for homework over the half-term, which if you're interested in, I can send to you.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    In my country they have this subject called religion. I hate it since I'm agnostic and I don't usually listen to my teacher's lies.

At a public school? I dont think any public school system should teach personal beliefs, only facts and how to use them.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    At a public school? I dont think any public school system should teach personal beliefs, only facts and how to use them.

It's a shame that's not what happens, my RSE teacher may as well just stand at the front and say: "God is real and if you don't believe in him you'll have a poker up your bottom for all eternity". She spends a lot of the time making a point of the fact that she's christian. Luckily she's off ill a lot.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I dislike Geometry. I just...I never saw the tangents and the angles and there were way too many formulas to memorize. D: I blame a little on the teacher as well, because few people actually did well in her class. If I remember, someone said that the left and right sides of your brain were responsible for what you were better at. I was wayyy better in English than I was in math. ^^;

Years
    My worse subject was citizenship. its basically learning about being a citizen and the government and stuff.
    I was so bad at it they have actually taken me off the course and aren't allowing my to do the exam XD

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I probably should've voted for PE. I hated PE. I also hated that we had to have a midterm and final in gym class, like, where am I going to use the rules of pickle ball ever again?

Not to sound amazing or holier than thou, but there wasn't really a particular subject that I struggled with. There were subjects that I couldn't stand, but I managed to pass most of my courses without too much trouble. Math and science are among my favorites, especially chemistry.

I guess I could say I really hated English/Language Arts after a while. I liked to read things to enjoy them, not to pick them apart and analyze the symbolism and themes and why the supporting character chose to do something instead of something else. It was kind of easy to BS after a while, though, especially if we had to write an essay on "Why Lenny wanted to pet the rabbits" or something weird like that. I could just say "It's because the rabbits stand for his relationship with George" and the teacher would be all "OMG A!"

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I want to be good at maths. I actually quite enjoy it. I just really struggle with it. The teachers teach it in such a way that they expect you to understand right away with a single explanation. They never take another angle for those of us that don't get it first time around.

Since uni, I've had nice lecturers but they cannot teach maths to a non-maths student to save themselves. They try and try but they never know how to explain it, and perhaps create even more confusion with the question-asker than was there before. It's because it comes naturally to them, they can't figure out what is missing in our understanding (and neither can we). Bless them for trying though.

Apparently according to some of the lecturers some biology students have particular difficulty with maths compared with other science students and nobody really quite knows why.

Years
    When exluding silly stuff like Arts and Music, my worst subject has been German for most of the time. It's not like I can't speak the language, it's more like I really can't get into all this literature stuff. Screw Goethe and Schiller, I'd rather have grammar in school than them...
    Also, I always hated Physics, but I got rid of it this year.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    "Tell me about the farm George!" *Shot*

Omg I'm evil. Anyhoo my worst subject is math. I can get good grades, but I seriously can't grasp the underlying concepts. I bet the majority of the poll will lean towards math:D It's just one of those things that is taught completely wrong. At least where I live.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    History, but at least I don't have to study it anymore. It's boring most of the time for one, and it's hard to memorize all these little events and dates attached to them. Plus all the names that are very similar and all that stuff....

The only time I like history is if it's the history of something I like, though they usually don't teach about random things like that much in school.

Years
    Usually it's the non-required classes that I don't perform as well in probably because I don't put them as priority in my studies and only pursue good marks in required courses. Some of the classes that fit into this include but not limited to Health, Communications, Careers and Civics. The last one may or may not be because of my political ideals which are in stark contrast with the class' general views. I did Independent Study for Civics, so everything was marked at once outside of an ordinary class schedule.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Mathematics ._.

Math is such a pain in the ass for me >.> I struggle with any problem given to me. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys number crunching and long word problems that require brain effort -.-

I hate it when my step dad incorporates random math questions in my life.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    I've successfully excelled at every subject with ease, however I can determine my own weakness by how much I need to study.
    Chemistry was a cakewalk, just really repetitive and tedious.
    Math was simply joy; manipulating numbers and finding a solution. I like it, and I'm fairly good at it.
    History and I have a love-hate relationship. It's fun to know the knowledge, but I'm exceptionally lazy so I'm not good with textbooks. Plus I have a short attention span.
    Spanish, I loved. However to have a indolent teacher really supresses your active learning. :(
    English, as much as I love to play with words and read, like mentioned I have a short attention span. Something I must work on, no?

So, in conclusion I shall say English is the worst. I've always seemed to struggle, but I still do fine to at least get an A. >.>

Years
    Gym class has always been my worst subject, so I guess I'm lucky that I don't need to do well in it. xP I mean, anything academic I'm fine with, especially maths. But I don't particularly enjoy humiliating myself in front of all of my classmates who are coordinated and good at sports. Especially when said humiliation includes tripping on my skirt and sliding across the floor, ending up smashing my face into the wall.

I also don't like English that much. Not that I'm bad at it, but I don't like the way my teacher teaches it. The questions she gives us are just too abstract. And I hate how she sometimes marks us wrong on questions that are just asking our opinion on something.

Back