• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    When I used the Soak method on Landorus in order to paralyze it using Thunder Wave from my Thunderus (which was ko'd by a Rock Slide), Landorus then used Sandstorm but took no damage. I thought this odd until i realized that the Sand Power ability is probably one of those wether abilities that give immunity to weather effect like how Cacturne and Herdier avoid Sandstorm damage and Castform in Hail avoids getting two black eyes

I'm not sure what u're trying to say..Landorus doesn't take sand storm damage bcoz it is part ground type .And sand force increases the the power of rock/ground/steel moves..It doesn't prevent weather damage

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Catching Cobalion with 2 Ultra Balls, Terrakion with 1, Virizion with 1, and Tornadus with 1. Right off the bat.

Seriously. And to think I was fretting about wasting my Master Ball on Reshiram.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    trainer wants to battle
    Trainer sent out Buneary
    I send out claydol
    Buneary used Healing Wish
    buneary Fainted
    Claydol used Extrasensory
    but it failed!
    trainer sent out Shroomish

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
    My latest WTF moment was when I found a pokeball in the grass, walked over, and as I went to get it, the pokeball attacked me.....turns out it was a wild foongus....yeah, I was like 0-o.....weird stuff.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    • Winning a Random Match-up triple battle with a Samurott with only 12hp left because of a crit. Hydro Cannon (I'm sure the other player was thinking WTF also)
    • Being set against someone with 500+ more wins than me in a Random Match-up triple battle (I ended up losing 6 pokemon to 0 :disappoin )

DreamQueen

I'm gonna rock your billy
    Years
    I got to the elite four for the first time around and decided I'd see how strong they were, just a practise battle before I did some serious training for the battles ahead.

I beat them all with a level 60 Samurott and a handful of Super Potions and Pp restores.

No other pokemon...just that.

It was insane.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Its not so much as a WTF moment as a WTF mechanic, but the fact that Hypnosis has never missed me except like twice in this WHOLE game and added effects happen 90% more often. Paralysis 4 times in a row is COMMON and Immobilized by love for 5 turns straight? Really?

I got to the elite four for the first time around and decided I'd see how strong they were, just a practise battle before I did some serious training for the battles ahead.

I beat them all with a level 60 Samurott and a handful of Super Potions and Pp restores.

No other pokemon...just that.

It was insane.

um you had a level 60 final evo that didnt receive SE hits and was like 15 levels higher than everything lol

Last edited:

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    mine would be in the beginning where you were first given your running shoes. i was searching the menu, trying to find that button (like the one in hgss) where you didn't have to press b to run. there was none...you would think that after hgss there would be something like that for every game onwards

every trainer that used hypnosis on me worked. while ever time i tried, i failed >.> wtf

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
    Recently, and a few times, I've thrown a Pokeball at a Pokemon and it has popped out. Then when I throw the next Pokeball, it seems to shake right before catching the Pokemon :/ very odd.

nm legend

Years
    hmm my recent wtf moment has to be wen i was in relic castle and i didnt read the part where you have to walk not run trough the quick sand so.......i was like WTF is goin on here i cant get nowhere in this dam place....yep lol

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Recently, and a few times, I've thrown a Pokeball at a Pokemon and it has popped out. Then when I throw the next Pokeball, it seems to shake right before catching the Pokemon :/ very odd.

That, my friend, is a critical capture.

Years
    Here´s my latest - I wanted to teach HM Waterfall to my Seismitoad, but WTF ? He is unable to do that....seriously, none of my PKMNS are able to teach that move....the problem must be solved...:D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Yesterday eve I had 2 Critical Captures in a row! WTF.
    The first one was a cricketune and the second a Ariados, however it wasn't caught the second time...

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    Catching Kyurem with a dusk ball (not a critical capture either) at the beginning of the battle... I accidentally knocked him out 2 times before with my Braviary.
    The same thing happened with Rayquaza in SS, was also a dusk ball.

some of my pokeballs only seem to shake once. it happened on Virizion which was cool.

Critical capture, new thing in gen 5, sometimes when you throw a ball it basically gives a much higher catch rate, only shaking once before it tries to captures the pokemon... There is suppose to be a metal click as it is thrown, and it won't ALWAYS capture the pokemon, but if it goes past the first shake it should.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    Here's an old one, after I beat N all I've got is my reshiram with not even full HP. I'm thinking, I'm going to die. When I start the battke with ghetsis, All my pokemon are magically healed. I lost that battle because my retarded meinshao missed with jump kick. :(

Last edited:
    Back