• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    WTF Moment:

>Fighting Marshal last in Elite Four
    >Get his last Pokemon down to a sliver of health
    >He says "I'll put all my power into the next move!"
    >He uses a full restore
    >wat.jpg

Levii

Ditto Pimp
    Years
  • I don't know if this has been said already.
    But when you're in DragonSpiral Tower and Zekrom/Reshiram lets out a cry and the text says "BURN, BABY BURN!" Or something like that.

Major WTF cause I thought that was what the Pokemon was supposed to be saying...

wild salamence

expierienced trainer
    Years
  • I've caught Two adamant scraggy, an adamant darumaka an, adamant sandile, an adamant drillbur, and an adamant munna (much less exciting).

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I got swept by a Deino in Battle Subway because of crit hacks.
    Now my streak is over

PLASMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA
    There I said it.

Also when Clay started talking all cowboy on me.
    I din't know what that there main was talkin' bout.

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Was doing a random battle on Wi-Fi when I got owned by a Lv1 Aron. Yes...a level one Aron. Apparently, if Tyranitar or Hippowdon induces a sandstorm, Aron has the ability Sturdy, Leftovers, the move Endeavor, and one more attacking move, your finished. The sandstorm is to finish you off after it Endeavors. But don't fret, if you've managed to face it with a Pokemon immune to Sandstorm damage, Tackle or some other move will finish you off. Utterly ridiculous. >:(

MoonPoke

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when the game clip show N standing next to Reshiram (I'm playing White) and said he want to battle with me using that Reshiram. I was like "WTF, how on earth could you catch that legendary with your close-to-useless pokemon team, and no other pokemon versions allow anyone to catch legendary beside me." I was confused.

DreamQueen

I'm gonna rock your billy
    Years
  • Walking through the street and knocking into the people. I said "Oh, sorry!" and "Excuse me!" more than once.

Out loud -.-

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • "PLASMAAAAAAAA!" Me: o.O wtf?

Also how ridiculously easy the dragon-type gym was. I KO'd all of them with Surf-spamming Samurott. -_-

How difficult Lenora was to beat. I was like O_O OMG WHAT.

How the hell did you beat Dragons when you spammed them
    with Surf? You should spam them with Ice Beams, you know.

Surf = Water Type move

Water Type moves are not very effective against Dragon Types.

Ice Beam = Ice Type move

Ice Type moves are super effective against Dragon Types!
    I don't understand how you can beat them with Surf, mister.
    Did you cheat?

Okay, so I just beat N in Chargestone Cave ANNNNNNDDD.... my DS runs out =_=;

N is so freaking easy to beat.
    What's the big deal in facing him again?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [20:43:54] <+Forever> I need to play Black, fully
    [20:44:08] <+Forever> I played through the opening up to dream yard about 5 times now
    [20:44:17] <+Forever> And only just did I realise that musharna was pretending to be ghetis
    [20:44:18] <+Forever> wow
    [20:44:19] <+Forever> :(

^ I had a wtf moment when it took me that long to realise that Ghetis was never actually there...XD Noticing it was Musharna was shocking in itself.

Years
  • How the hell did you beat Dragons when you spammed them
    with Surf? You should spam them with Ice Beams, you know.

Surf = Water Type move

Water Type moves are not very effective against Dragon Types.

Ice Beam = Ice Type move

Ice Type moves are super effective against Dragon Types!
    I don't understand how you can beat them with Surf, mister.
    Did you cheat?

N is so freaking easy to beat.
    What's the big deal in facing him again?

First of all, Ice Beam isn't accesible until after you beat the game, so Surf and Megahorn was that guy's best option. Which one would you pick?

You encounter N for..you know, um the storyline, and him questioning you and your beliefs about Pokemon being trapped, etc.?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 1) *taught Zebstrika Wild Charge*

*Saw MASSIVE recoil damage (the move description said it hurts itself "a little." I don't call 35 HP of recoil on a 120HP Pokemon "a little")

*Taught Zebstrika Thunderbolt. Honestly, using an attack based on its weaker Special Attack stat is FAR better than recoil damage*

2) Alder walks up.

Me: HOLY CRAP IT'S CIPHER ADMIN DAKIM FROM POKEMON COLOSSEUM!

3) Ferris Wheel ride with N. In anime, usually lovers go on the Ferris Wheel together, and I have no intention of dating that crazed despot.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • Jesus, the whole game is a wtf moment for me.

I got pokerus for the first time in my life in the after game, clocking in only 38 hours of game play.

I also managed to catch a lot of the legendaries within one or two turns with pokeballs.

Also the monkies can be girls? I did not know this. O.O I assumed they were boys only, but that changed when I managed to get a female pansear on my first time playing. My reaction was hilarious.

But the funniest moments is when I didn't know what was being sent out at me, and would be all "... wtf is a ____, what type is it even. Dangit. Whatever." then find out till the last minute and get horribly defeated and lose part of my soul. :c

And I'd like to say to the whole water/ice beam thing.. All I had to even stand a slight chance of defeating N besides Zekrom(who actually sucked) was my samurott with surf. Surf is really good at sweeping teams if you also have your water pokemon holding the mystic water item. Also not to mention I destroyed the entire 8th gym with my krookodile using crunch two times on each dragon. Ice may be super effective, but that doesn't mean everything else can't hit the dragon pokemon. It's all about thinking on your feet.

Last edited:

CarameLeaf

Wandering Trainer
    Years
  • When I was talking through the puddles near Icirrus City and this flounder pops out of nowhere (wild stunfisk) and farts. (it sounds like fart, it didn't really)

Years

• First of all, Ice Beam isn't accesible until after you beat the game, so Surf and Megahorn was that guy's best option. Which one would you pick?

You encounter N for..you know, um the storyline, and him questioning you and your beliefs about Pokemon being trapped, etc.?

Um, actually Ice Beam IS accessible before beating the game. I should know, I used it to win the dragon gym battle (I used a Vanillite)

Anyway, my WTF moment was when a Pokemon did more recoil damage to itself than to my Pokemon xD

-Totodile42

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My latest WTF is every time i txt on my cell, the GTS freezes (and i tested it multiple times while txtin my fiancee) it was driving me mad, all i wanted was a lil zorua& gothita for my pokedex >.< (i finally got them after ignorin my fiancees txts for just a moment, then i apologized)

Another WTF was when my Cringan 1shotted Iris' Fraxure, left herr Cringan with 1HP (and thanx to rough skin got KOd before she could heal) then 1shotted her Haxorus, after i had just lost my 1st time to a god awful misclick with revenge instead of dragon claw on her haxorus

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    mine would be that all of the trainers at route 11 speak Spanish on my English game.
    Is it supposed to be like that? or should I contact nintendo?

Back