• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Zeko

^ is awesome!
Years
  • I was looking for this thread, and apparently it didn't exist...
    Anyways just post some random moment in Pokemon Black or White where you thought, "WTF?"

Mine was today. I was playing White, and when I got to Route 2, I found a Bulbasaur! I battled a few more. I couldn't catch them because it was a nuzlocke challenge. After a few Bulbasaur, the Missingo of this game (A question mark in a circle) started appearing! I was so confused... Probably a broken ROM, but not sure.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I was fighting Kyurem and he had KO'd 5 of my pokemon.
    My last alive was my Tranquill.(hatooboo)
    Kyurem was in red HP and I could have revived any of my pokemon to buy me time.
    He could take me down.
    I lobbed an ultra ball, knowing that if it missed I would die.
    But I still caught Kyurem.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, since the games are being released here in the US... might as well ACTIVATE MY BUMPING POWERS

I was playing through Japanese White, and I was in the Battle Subway. I used Shell Blade on a Pokémon, and I had recoil damage inflicted on me. Wat.

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    TheAppleFreak used a Revive!
    Venomire uses ANGRYRANT!

I have a really annoying WTF moment and I don't even have the game yet! I was going to get Pokemon Black from Tesco, who were selling it becuase I checked and I definitely did check, and my mother insisted on going to get it for me as a present. She gets home, and I have a direct transcript in my head:
    Mu,: I'm home!
    Me: Ah, brilliant. How was it?
    Mum: Uh, fine thanks.
    Me: Would you like a hand?
    Mum: Ooh, yes please.
    *Half an hour later, and all the shopping's away*
    Me: So, where's the game?
    Mum: Oh, I had a look and it wasn't there.
    Me: WHAT!? did you LOOK in the games section!?
    Mum: Oh, I didn't think of that...

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
  • I bought my copy of Black yesterday (It came out in Europe yesterday :3.) Now, this afternoon when I had just got through that what-was-it dead pokemon place by the Twisted tower. Almost at the top, just a step before the cutscene, when I get interupted by a fight. Goddamnit.

Aaaand then my WTF moment. 1 hour into my new game I meet a Shiny Litwick and catches it :D Got my first Shiny today!! And Chandeliur in shiny is really awesome so I can't wait to get it levelled.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I had a WTF moment when we have to climb in the ferris wheel with N. That was random.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • When I didn't know what Assist did, I had this happen (Marik is my Purrloin, BTW):

Marik used Assist.
    Marik used Shock Wave!
    It's super effective!
    Wild Pidove fainted!

Me: o___O Holy poop Assist is amazing.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    When I threw a pokeball at a wild shelmet and caught it with a critical capture...and had no idea what had just happened until I looked up new game mechanics...

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when I got to the Daycare and there was little kids who couldn'tt be anymore than 5 years old and they have pokemon! I mean your character has to wait untill there 10 to get their first pokemon.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when I got to the Daycare and there was little kids who couldn'tt be anymore than 5 years old and they have pokemon! I mean your character has to wait untill there 10 to get their first pokemon.

That made me go WTF too :L

My WTF moment was in the second gym when the bookcase pulled away to reveal a staircase. I had a bit of nostalgia for the Rocket Hideout in the shop at the Lake of Rage... :L

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I tweeted a lot of my WTF moments. Here they are.
    • Bros. You destroyed my room, and you just leave? Not cool.
    • "The X button is very important to trainers."
    • "If I use the town map, I'll always know where I am... That's certainly helpful."
    • We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!
    • Poké Balls and Potions are the only thing you can buy, you just said you'd definitely buy those. And yet you don't know what you want? lmao.
    • Whoa, N. Slow down! We just met, and you wanna hear my Pokémon's voice? Don't you think you should meet it first?
    • Cheren, what do you think telling a complete stranger our goals like it's anybody's business?
    • "My husband and I are compatible..." Oh, how sweet! "Because he can not beat me in a battle." Oh...
    • A Dusk Ball given to me by a strange man behind a bunch of city houses? That sounds like New York.
    • Aww, that sucks. You can't go on the bed in this game. I used to always do that when I was going to go to sleep irl. Felt more real.
    Not gonna describe them, since anyone who played the game would know. And I took a peak in this thread before I got the game and wished I wasn't so nosy, but whatever. Just wanna avoid throwing that many spoilers at people, since this list is pretty easy to follow for the people who played the game. Goes from getting our first Pokémon to reaching Striaton City, and then going back home.

I keep bumping into people and inanimate objects. It's frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

Last edited:

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My WTF moment was after beating Elite 4, the level of the trainers' Pokemon suddenly raise to 60-something.

I was like "WHAT? I have no Pokemon to battle you!"

jammi567

WTF. Not that I'm complaining.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Well, I taught my Munna Sycnoize thinking oitwould hit other Pokemon....Then I finmd out it ONLY WORKS ON PYSCHIC TYPES!!! D= I had to go though two hours without attacking =(. WTF!

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I just remembered that participating to the Pokemon musical was another WTF moment. I mean, what the heck is that?! XD

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when my team kept getting swept by Patrats, Purrloins, and Lillipups in the first gym.

OMG WTF
    The wild Pokemon in the beginning only give like 15-25 EXP.

And Audinos are hard to find in the beginning with no repels.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I tweeted a lot of my WTF moments. Here they are.
    • Bros. You destroyed my room, and you just leave? Not cool.
    • "The X button is very important to trainers."
    • "If I use the town map, I'll always know where I am... That's certainly helpful."
    • We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!
    • Poké Balls and Potions are the only thing you can buy, you just said you'd definitely buy those. And yet you don't know what you want? lmao.
    • Whoa, N. Slow down! We just met, and you wanna hear my Pokémon's voice? Don't you think you should meet it first?
    • Cheren, what do you think telling a complete stranger our goals like it's anybody's business?
    • "My husband and I are compatible..." Oh, how sweet! "Because he can not beat me in a battle." Oh...
    • A Dusk Ball given to me by a strange man behind a bunch of city houses? That sounds like New York.
    • Aww, that sucks. You can't go on the bed in this game. I used to always do that when I was going to go to sleep irl. Felt more real.
    Not gonna describe them, since anyone who played the game would know. And I took a peak in this thread before I got the game and wished I wasn't so nosy, but whatever. Just wanna avoid throwing that many spoilers at people, since this list is pretty easy to follow for the people who played the game. Goes from getting our first Pokémon to reaching Striaton City, and then going back home.

I keep bumping into people and inanimate objects. It's frustrating.

I also hate how you can't go on a chair. :\

Anyway, Skyarrow bridge. :< Yes, Game Freak, you can use camera angles, but how they were used on Skyarrow bridge was a little bit excessive (e.g.: showing it above your character, to zoom in along-side him/her, only to go back above him/her after a few more steps. Seriosuly, Game Freak? :|

Back