• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
  • My WTF moment was probably when I saw the connection between Slowbro and Zekrom. Like two minutes ago.

Spoiler:

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

You're reading it as though it should say "does this look okay", where "look" is a verb, but in the sentence in the game, "look" is a noun, like "what a great new look!" or something. So it's asking "is this look [as in, outfit] okay?"

My WTF moment was how long it took to be able to check my pokemon's nature after picking it. Boy, that is going to be a huge pain in future runs. I got a modest Oshawott, could be worse I guess.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    When I first saw Palpitoad, I freaked out. It looks like it's gonna rape you. D:

Also, I was a little creeped out when N gets in the Ferris Wheel with you, as I was playing on the Japanese version, and didn't know what the context of it was.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

That's not a grammatical error. It's saying "this look" as in "This look is so last year" or something. xD

Anyway, my wtf moments are:

-After the first battle, my room was all trashed and there's footprints everywhere. Wtf? All the Pokémon did was tackle each other nonstop xD
    -When we were about to learn how to catch Pokémon, that one girl (forgot her name) said, "This is so exciting! I wonder what will happen!" I'm like wtf, we barely walked into route 1 and you think something big will happen?
    -The video calls are creepy. They don't move, they just blink o_o
    -When the mom calls me on the video chat, I got distracted for a few seconds. I look back at my game, the video call is over, and the mom is standing right in front of me. Is she stalking me?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Lenora wipes through the 5 Pokémon on my team, and then I pull out the Sawk that I JUST caught, and it OHKOs both her Herdier AND Watchog.

Did I just spend all that time training for nothing? I guess I did. xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    that creepy man behind the building that gives you a dusk ball was pretty WTF worthy. :/ XD

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Thanks for messing up my room guys, and then LEAVING IT. I wanted to clean it so bad XD;

also, the fact that you had to sit through the tour of the ~pokemon center, pc, mart, and how to catch a pokrmon~ weren't we able to skip in previous games? or assumed we could figure this stuff out? it was so annoying.

the fact that you have best friends that stalk you everywhere.
    I like training on my own D:

why, why, do preschoolers have pokemon?! don't you have to be at least ten years-old before you're allowed to get one? my pride hurt when a preschooler almost beat my pansear

that's it so far~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Finding a Blitzle in Route 3; I didn't think you could get them that early in the game! :D

A negative equally WTF moment was finding out that Quick Attack is now weaker than Tackle...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Having a Purrloin avoid all my attacks. It must have been about more than ten rounds before I could actually get a move to hit it. D; I've been having a lot of bad moments with this cat

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • My Liepard always manages to get Assist to use a super-effective move when I really need it.

Like, against some guy's Panpour, I kept spamming assist, I got Light Screen, Pursuit, Leer... then, when I was down to 2HP, I thought "That's it, then. >.<" and pressed Assist one last time...

Quick Claw got in a first hit and Assist picked up Shock Wave.

WTF.

Awesome.

Years
  • My Boldore was battling a Minccino.
    Here's what happened:

Boldore is fast asleep.
    Minccino used (fury swipes or whatever it is.)
    *Knocks about 2 health off*
    It's not very effective...
    Minccino was hurt by the Rocky Helmet! (It was hurt more than it hurt Boldore xD)

This happened four times, it might have been five, but Minccino fainted before that xD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Having a Purrloin avoid all my attacks. It must have been about more than ten rounds before I could actually get a move to hit it. D;

Same here, except it was a random trainer's Emolga spamming double team.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I had a WTF moment when we have to climb in the ferris wheel with N. That was random.
    '

Yeah when he said he was king of team plasma, I laughed and thought ur joking right.. seriously.. by this point in the game u beat him like 3 times.. lmao

Years
  • Proving the B&W's AI still has room for improvement I was battling Cheren I only had my Servine left who had around 18hp and he just sent out his Pignite, one fire move would have finished me off. He used Defence Curl every turn and I took him down with a few Mega Drains...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    When I got to the first Gym and Cilan's Pansage swept my team like 3 times because of Work Up/Vine Whip. My level 13 Pansear even knew Incinerate, but it hardly did anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Catching Victini in a Pokeball.
    That shady guy behind a building who gives you a Dusk Ball.
    The Ferris Wheel ride with N.

Back