• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

WeegeeMan

I haz Pokumawnz
Years
  • My WTF moments:

1. When my Tepig (his name is Tom) was fighting Cheren's Oshawott and I actually won. Doesn't fire have a disadvantage over water? Anyway, I was SO not expecting to win that one.

2. When I discovered that Proffesor Juniper was a woman (no offense, girls).

3. When I got to the first gym and there were three gym leaders.

4. When I got to the first gym and there was no triple battling involved.

5. When I got to the first gym and discovered that the whole match was a setup because no matter what Pokemon you chose at the beginning they'd always have a disadvantage.

6. When Bianca said "That was random," in the Dreamyard because I thrive on randomness and "that was random" is one of my many catchphrases.

7. When I looked at the box and it said the game changes with the seasons.

8. When the game said it was autumn even though it was winter outside.

9. When I found out Black and White got released in March instead of April (I got White if it makes any difference).

10. When every Pokemon I ever met seemed to be able to attack twice at will (especially when I was weak).

11. When I watched the intro (does that seem like a Pokemon intro to you? Thought not).

12. N?! What kind of a name is N?!

13. When I got a grass Pokemon from that person in the Dreamyard (my exact words, as I recall, were "Oh, this is too good!"). I flattened the first gym, by the way.

14. When I got to the day care center and discovered that preschoolers had Pokemon at half the required age.

If I think of any more, I'll be sure to run it by you.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    1. When the game first started I saw Juniper walk into a house, and I was like "Why does her lab look like a house?"

2. The game started in Autumn when it's Spring in my area. Probably because of Japan's release date.

3. I was farming Drilbur's for an Adamant nature and I still haven't found one, then I catch an Adamant one and it's Shiny!

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

Actually, that is a perfectly fine English grammar phrase.
    "Is this look okay?" refers to the look/style of what you just dressed it up in.
    There is nothing wrong with this phrase at all, and trust me, English is my main language, which I suppose it is yours, too but, there's nothing wrong with that line at all.

Example of perhaps a daily use somewhere in the English-speaking world:
    Girl 1: "Is this look okay?"
    Girl 2: "Yeah, that look really suits you!"

Or in Pokemon:

*Game*: "Is this look okay?"
    You: "Sure, that look is fine."

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I found out a few moments ago that some of my party Pokemon had PokeRus. I hadn't actually noticed it when I had it in HG, so now I'm happy that I did notice - and was shocked. lol.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    2. The game started in Autumn when it's Spring in my area. Probably because of Japan's release date.

The game starts in Autumn because of the way they've got seasons set up. Spring is in January, Summer is in February, Autumn is in March, Winter is in April... and then Spring is in May, etc. It changes a season every month so that it's less boring and stuff I dunno. Plus, seasons are different depending on where you live as well, so they couldn't have gone through and made winter the time from December-February like it usually is in America. I actually like the way they did seasons in-game... hopefully it won't drag as it did in Animal Crossing. :(

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • When I found a shiny Blitzle- and failed to catch it because I was out of Pokeballs.

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
    Years
  • Walking around in the Chargestone cave and running to dust clouds, only to get items from them. And when I DID finally find a Drilbur, they only wanted to come to me as females. I can't name a female Simon! D:

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
  • I trained and put my Serperior Lv,100 into the box just to find out that I released it and saved the game! FTW? D:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • 1. When plasma started kicking a little munna ;___; i was so sad.

2. When a guy jumped out of the roller coaster kart in Elesa's gym and battled me. i actually said wtf then XD

3. When i walked out of Castelia to find a friggin desert.... right out side this massive, sunny, beach side CITY. Exit the largest city. Enter a sand storm...

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • After spending 2 hours in Twist mountain looking for a Cryogonal, I realized wtf, did I just spent that much time?! ._.

Oh, and realizing that Cryogonal weighs 326.5 lbs. o_O

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • At the Elite Four, second round. Shauntel has her Jellicent out, I have my Lilligant, with +3 Quiver Dance and at 75% HP. Jellicent launches a Shadow Ball, its a crit. And Lilligant goes down. I was not amused. ಠ_ಠ

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • -When Team Plasma started kicking that poor little Pokemon in the Dreamyard

-When I saw that my trainer ID # was 25555

-N and the Ferris Wheel

-Clay's accent XD

-I can never run away from those Durant in Victory Road. ARGH D:<

-When I got Pokerus

-When Cheren asked you for a battle after you just got the next gym badge. Jeez, I felt that I saw way too much of Cheren and Bianca :O

Years
  • I don't really have proper wtf moments, when I mean proper I mean, makes me jump back and throw the DS on the floor lol

My wtf moments are more when I do something stupid just through lack of concentration.

One example: Was battling an Eelektross and was thinking, ok Electric, use Ground easy, I used EQ but was watching TV at the same time, when I looked down I noticed Eelektross had taken no damage, so I did it again, then finding out it had levitate.

This wouldn't have been that bad had I not been reading up on Eelektross earlier in the day and thinking that I wanted the pokemon because it was Electric and had Levitate. Oh and the scenario I've described above has happened to me about 3 times, just feel like slapping myself when it happens.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    When I got to the first gym and there were three gym leaders.
    when get a free monkey at Dreamyard i was like WTF

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    WTF moments of mine include:

1. N whenever he "talked" to my pokemon
    2. Catching Reshariam(can't spell...) so quickly
    3.That one cannon that misfires in Skyla's gym
    4. N and the ferris wheel...
    5. The tornadus event
    6. N's castle plowing into the pokemon league
    7.first seeing klink, was like "that's a pokemon?"
    8.Lenora's watchog using retaliate and 1-hit KOing dewott
    9.Drayden using dragon tail
    10.finding out basculin carries deepseascales
    11.whenever those shadow triad guys showed up(i was like "oh crud, assassins!")
    12.finding plenty of unlikely wild pokemon in shaking grass
    13. entering black city for the first time(and being challenged to anyone i talked to)
    14.Trubbish's evolved form, was more like an OMG then a WTF
    15.whenever Cheren/bianca shows up and battles me
    16.seeing scoliopede, i mean its a GIANT CENTIPEDE!
    17.N's private room in his castle, creeped even me out...
    18.trying to take down a trainer's musharna, hate their endurance!
    19.Clay's first impression
    20. actually finding and catching two of the three sacred beasts from sheer curiosity(psst, ones in victory road, of all places!). the third is yet to be found
    21.actually winning a wi-fi battle
    22.Zorua/zoroark, that sneaky fox caught me off guard on several occasions!
    23.the level spike in some areas(20s in one place, 40s in a similar area? WTF??!)

theres plenty more i think

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when I got to the Daycare and there was little kids who couldn'tt be anymore than 5 years old and they have pokemon! I mean your character has to wait untill there 10 to get their first pokemon.

Who said that preschoolers can't have PKMN??
    The person who said that only 10 year olds can have PKMN is bull****.

By the way, my WTF moment is when N told me on a ferris wheel
    that he's the king of Team Plasma, when his PKMN is weaker than the
    grunts.

Just now, I beat a guy online, my first win. He had 57 wins. 0.o

-Totodile42

Serves him right.

1. When plasma started kicking a little munna ;___; i was so sad.

You actually get sad for Team Plasma kicking a Munna? (Which is a fictional character and it's not real?) That's my new WTF moment in this thread.

My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

Firstly, you spelt "sense" wrong.
    Secondly, do YOU realize that you are
    complaining on a sentence which is grammatically correct?
    Game Freak never made any grammar mistakes in their
    games. (Unless they intented to)

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Who said that preschoolers can't have PKMN??
    The person who said that only 10 year olds can have PKMN is bull****.

By the way, my WTF moment is when N told me on a ferris wheel
    that he's the king of Team Plasma, when his PKMN is weaker than the
    grunts.

Serves him right.

You actually get sad for Team Plasma kicking a Munna? (Which is a fictional character and it's not real?) That's my new WTF moment in this thread.

It's possible to feel sad for a fictitious character. It's called empathy (which isn't limited to reality)

Firstly, you spelt "sense" wrong.
    Secondly, do YOU realize that you are
    complaining on a sentence which is grammatically correct?
    Game Freak never made any grammar mistakes in their
    games. (Unless they intented to)
    You look foolish correcting someone on their grammar when yours isn't in anyway exemplary itself. What I mean is "Spelt" isn't a word in the sense you used it.

My responses in bold. My WTF moment is how epic the N's Castle cutscene was.

Back