• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Seeing Wailord's sprite is enough to make me go WTF Gamefreak.

Spoiler:

Someone posted that on Facebook the other day.

neonat2

The short one
    Years
  • My WTF moment is the 30 million crits that enemy trainers pull on me, like when i went to the first gym and the gym leader landed 5 crits in a row on me. WTF

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Going to Black City for the first time ever and finding it completely deserted. The only thing standing in that huge expanse of empty space was a single Pokemon Center. Lovely, so I take a long time to beat the game and it decides to punish me for it! It looks like I am going to have to wait for some AR codes to come out for this because nobody else within miles that I know of plays Pokemon.

Years
  • My first WTF moment was when i looked at my trainer card and saw my character had a lonley nature.

Then, the "Nurse Joy" told me one of my Pokemon had pokerus. I looked at all my Pokemon in my party and none had pokerus. WTF?

My last was when N calls Zekrom and it busts through the wall. Seriously Zekrom, your not the Kool-Aid Man.I mean, WTF.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I lost to Ghetsis twice somehow. He kept getting lucky critical hits and knocking my pokemon out in one hit. I beat him on the third try though, but I was ragin' before I did. lol

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    When I found out Simipour doesn't learn Freezing breath from the TM =[

Years
  • The part at the very beginning where you have to fight cheren and bianca with the starters. In the very first battle of the game against bianca she managed to get a critical hit off of me on her first turn. I almost lost that battle because of that but thankfully I got a critical hit myself which turned things around

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Mine was the inability to kill Reshiram. Every time I defeated it, it just stood there, as if I had done nothing to it. I knew I needed it, and that the game would make me get it, but I figured it would just do something to heal, but it just stood there, looking at me.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Two major WTF moments for me... (edit: actually three)

The second time I used the GTS I managed to get a Shiny hatched Zorua (I offered Solosis asking for Zorua). It looks perfectly legit too so I'm treating it as such. I've had no problems so far.

The other wtf moment was my own error when I managed to pass the Mummy ability on to N's Archeops in the final battle. It didn't affect the battle too much though as Archeops didn't last too long.

The third one happened about a day or two ago. For the whole main storyline I never got a critical capture and was wondering why everyone else but me was getting them. However a day or two ago I got four critical captures in one night.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I love Iron Barbs
    I was fighting a Cacturne, it kept Flinching me with needle arm, but Ironically, it was doing more damage to itself than it was to me. It eventually killed itself... by attacking me. And of course the turn it died was the turn I didn't flinch....

Oh yeah, and when I'm grinding off of Audino's and they use Heal Pulse on me. I swear, nintendo WANTS us to overlevel ourselves off of those things.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2011
    I got Zekrom's HP down to 1-5%, and caught it with my first Ultra Ball.

WAT

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I got Zekrom's HP down to 1-5%, and caught it with my first Ultra Ball.

WAT

Well, THAT'S not all that surprising, seeing as its catch rate is so high
    that, and you NEED it to continue the story
    I don't think anyone wants to spend 45 minutes trying to capture a Legendary

Now...MY WTF moment was when I first went to Cynthia and as soon as I stepped into her room, she practically jumps down your throat "HOHOHO! A NEW CHALLENGER! BATTLE ME, MORTAL!"

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, THAT'S not all that surprising, seeing as its catch rate is so high
    that, and you NEED it to continue the story
    I don't think anyone wants to spend 45 minutes trying to capture a Legendary

...unless it's Victini, or Cobalion, or Virizion, or Terrakion, or Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, or Kyurem, right? :P

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    ...unless it's Victini, or Cobalion, or Virizion, or Terrakion, or Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, or Kyurem, right? :P

I got Kyurem in my 1st Dusk Ball :P Cobalion only took about 5 Ultra Balls and Victini took about 5 Great Balls. The other Musketeers took a while though.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    I'll have to say when I finished off Alder's last pokemon with a lvl 51 Haxorus, and when I caught Cobalion and Virizion within 2 pokeballs.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    My WTF moment was when I triggered the Tornadus event to make him roam the region, and somehow he managed to appear at the route to the E4 and I was like "What?". And while battling him, I actually managed to catch him in my first Quick ball... I was like "Double what?!" after that. Then while fighting Reshiram, I caught it with my first Quick ball... Again... Even though it's supposed to have a high catch rate, I was surprised. Triple what?!

Back