• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

CrowSama

Too. Much. Caffine.
Years
  • The Musketeer Trio. Am I not doing it right or something? Cobalion took 3 Timer balls, 3 quick balls, and 24 Ultra balls. Terrakion took 25 Dusk balls, and 28 timer balls, and Virizon took 5 timer balls. Haven't even tried going after Thunderous/Tornadus/Annoying-legends-with-incredibly-low-catch-rates yet.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Ghetsis at the first encounter, also when he holds his clothes and talk. Milstarton City name at Japanese mode ((Fukiyose City))

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    When I catch Victini 5 times in a row for Modest/Timid and I get Adamant.
    Every. Single. One.

Also, N at the end:

"FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS? :D"

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • beating the main story and going back to the elite four.
    i send out zekrom Lv 52
    Shauntel sends out Lv 71 cofigrigus.
    wtf...........

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    When Ghetsis sent out his lvl 56 Hydreigon and it started demolishing my team... and then I remembered that Zweilous doesn't evolve till lvl 64. Howhedodat

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • After beating Ghetsis, I decided to venture into route 11. I thought I'd battle a trainer to level up my Pokemon who were roughly in the mid - high 50's. Was really surprised when I trainers with levels of 64/65. Wasn't expecting them to be that high.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I versed one of those reverends in Iris's gym, and it turns out they are female verteren trainers o_o

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Two new moments:

One, finding out that the Relic Crown sells to that rich guy in Undella Town for 300,000 bucks! Hello, Floor, I'm Mr. Jaw. Nice to meet you.

Two, getting all psyched to enter Black City and finding a few un-enterable buildings and one trainer. Cue depression.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2017
    I beat the main storyline of Black today. I heard about how hard it was to SR Reshiram, but decided to beat the game before attempting to do it. I watch the epic cutscene with the Dragons, and I catch my Reshiram in a Premier Ball. (Not hard to do because of the high catch rate.) I defeat both N and Ghetsis with Reshiram and my team, and watch the credits. Much to my suprise, the game auto-saves at the end, which meant that I could no longer reset. Checking Reshiram's summary screen and entering the stats in MK's IV calculator, I end up with this:

Reshiram - #643 (Gentle)
    HP: 6 - 7
    Att: 12 - 13
    Def: 0 - 1
    SpA: 0 - 1
    SpD: 8 - 10
    Speed: 13

My friend's been getting desperate for a Reshiram, so I guess I can give him mine... >_>

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • Lets see...

When N made me get into a ferris wheel with him. Reminds of a book I read. Main character gets killed. I was quite frightened.

When battling inside destroyed my room. Two reasons;
    It never had any effect before... but it makes sense...
    And the mom was all cool about it. My mom would freak. :D

And finally, when Bianca got one of my Pokemon down to HALF HP! I was like 'What is this?! Who are you!'

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Biggest WTF moment for me, finding out Ghetsis's Hydregion didn't have a single dark type move...

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    My WTF moment made my jaw drop in happiness. I run into Tornadus for the first time. A gut feeling told me to throw an ultra ball, so I did. I caught him with one ball, him having full hp. Another one was collecting about 20 wings in about a minute on the bridge to black city.

EDIT: This sort of makes up for me NEVER encountering a shiny in my years of playing pokemon ever since Red.

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Found nice bug today on Pokémon White. Went to see the fisherman who gives you a Big Pearl near Striaton City. I surfed to him and by an accident jumped on him. I didn't take picture at that moment so I had to try it again, it took some time but here's what happened:

Bad pictures:
    Spoiler:

Same as Video:

darkfighter

That random guy
    Years
  • My current WTF moments:

-When I got the Liberty Pass via wireless, and my friend got a Zoroark >:|. (He has Japaneese Version)
    - Catching Victini. Took me 20 resets before I manage to catch him in a Poke Ball
    -Training my Solosis. The Type for Hidden Power was Psychic surprisingly, but it always used to faint. Now it's epic.
    -Beating Leader Clay. His Excadrill gave me real issues

And that's it.

Years
  • When I was catching Victini in Black version, I went away after throwing a pokeball to get a drink, not expecting to actualy catch it as I had only threw a few before it and it took ages in White version but when I got back and was about to go try throwing another it had actually worked. I was glad about that though as I didn't want to have to spend ages on it.

Also, after going to one of the places after the E4 and getting into a battle with one of the trainers when I beat White, my strongest pokemon was only just past level 50 and the rest were mid-40's. I only just managed to beat them and head back to victory road to level up a bit more before going back. Why did they make the level jump so big?

Back