• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
  • I walked up to Alder, thinking he would be my hardest fight ever, and that I would probably lose. Boy was I wrong. He was a complete sap for my Volcarona level 72! The only thing that didn't fall in one hit after six Quiver Dances was his own Volcarona level 77. EVERYTHING else either died to Flamethrower or Psychic.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    When Youngster Joey challenged you on B/W. I was like "HE'S BACK OMG!!!"

His Patrattata is top percentage!

JSwagg

Bug Catcher Justin
    Years
  • Blitzle uses Quick Claw to go first
    Basculin uses Aqua Jet
    Critical hit!
    Blitzle fainted.

WTF!!?!?!?!?!?! I understand that Aqua Jet has priority, but don't waste my time telling me I'm going first and about to 1-hit-ko it with Shock Wave then get criticaled.

P.S I just realized that my Blitzle goes through a lot of B.S

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • *My Latest WTF…

Was when my LVL 5 Larvesta defeated the LVL 60+ Wobuffet :))))))))

He was Burned, yes. :))) And his mirror coat only did two damage against my incoming attacks :))))

And then my Larvesta gained 16 levels :)))))

NatureKeeper

1- On the Jap Run, I had Volcarona out with a few Quiver Dances, and there was a Darkrai battling me. I used Silver Wind and I was like "I BEAT DARKRAI! w00t" and I jumped all over the classroom I was in that time and suddenly...

Zoroark's Illusion faded!

2- Alder, the Champion of the Elite Four, which defeated me multiple times. I was like fed up but suddenly, in one of the trials, his first Pokémon seemed to be lagged by Volcarona. So I restarted, completely healed Volcarona, had as soon as I was in the battle, I used Quiver Dance an few times and EVERY POKéMON was OHKOd by the moves I chosen. TEH VOLCARONA EARNED MEH RESPECT.

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • These creepy, all white eyes...

Your WTF moments?

Your WTF moments?

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • These creepy, all white eyes...

Your WTF moments?

Your WTF moments?

That's not actually the game's fault. That's your emulator messing up.

Also, my WTF moment was when I got two Snivies off the GTS and put them in the daycare center to breed.

I hatch one Snivy egg, and look at the moveset.

Apparently I am breeding epic Snivies with awesome egg moves without even trying.

That made me go "WTF?" because I hadn't looked at either Snivy (besides to assure their genders) before putting them into the daycare. I was rather surprised. xD

Years
  • I saved right before battling Ghestis, defeated him and went through all the talk with N. Then during the credits I thought I could just turn it off.... NOPE had to re-battle :( Took AGES! That damnn Hydreigon!

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Getting through the entire Mistralton Gym in one go using only my Zebstrika, losing about 30 HP altogether.

Beating Drayden using just my Level 39 Beartic and Icicle Crash.

Uber Legend

Loves her ubers!
    Years
  • My latest would be:
    Battling the psychic elite four trainer with my Zoroark in front and my Virizion in back. I took the time to amp up my special attack with nasty plot and then knocked almost all of her pokemon out instantly with night daze. Then she sent out her sigiliph and used air slash, thinking it would be quadruple effective. It wasn't of course, but it was a critical hit and knocked Zoroark out with one hit.

Another would be when I had just beaten the game and started wandering around in the Black City area. I ran into Cynthia and somehow managed to beat her with 5 pokemon just over level 50. O.O

JSwagg

Bug Catcher Justin
    Years
  • So, there I was, relaxing at the Pokemon Center at Nimbasa City having treaded through hours of training in the hot, scorching, punishing desert. It was a cool day, perfect for relaxation, and it would seem that I was the only one there at the time, with the exception of the nurse anyways. She brought out my Pokemon and informed me that one of them had caught Pokerus. I had checked earlier, and the newest addition to my team was Sandile who had no Pokerus at the moment. Now not only did Sandile have it, but Blitzle and Pignite did as well.

WTF?

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • So, there I was, relaxing at the Pokemon Center at Nimbasa City having treaded through hours of training in the hot, scorching, punishing desert. It was a cool day, perfect for relaxation, and it would seem that I was the only one there at the time, with the exception of the nurse anyways. She brought out my Pokemon and informed me that one of them had caught Pokerus. I had checked earlier, and the newest addition to my team was Sandile who had no Pokerus at the moment. Now not only did Sandile have it, but Blitzle and Pignite did as well.

WTF?

I am so jealous. I want Pokerus.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I saved right before battling Ghestis, defeated him and went through all the talk with N. Then during the credits I thought I could just turn it off.... NOPE had to re-battle Took AGES! That damnn Hydreigon!
    you are absolutely right!!
    i hate that hidreigon......................................................................................hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
    ................................................**** him

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Was trying to catch a Deino, and then accidentally ran away. :-( OH NOES! Then the next wild pokemon I found. A Deino. phew... thank god for that.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    About five minutes ago, while I was grinding for the E4 rematch, I headed into Route 11, meeting a thunderstorm there. Walking into the grass, as expected Thundurus appeared. I'd met him a couple of times before, he was paralysed but still at over half HP. My Dragonite didn't have any moves that wouldn't kill it, and I new it would run if I switched, so I thought - "Hey, I might as well toss a Pokeball. Maybe I'll get a critical capture." Not an Ultra, Quick or Dusk ball, a regular Poke Ball.

I didn't get a critical capture. Yet, somehow, I still caught it. This thing has a catch rate of 3. Just yesterday Metang and Kyurem, of the same catch rate, took 30 Ultra balls and 30 Dusk balls off me, with half the amount of HP. And Thundurus just jumps in the first Pokeball I toss. Bizarre.

I seem to have ridiculous luck when it comes to Legendaries and Pokeballs. I caught Heatran in a Pokeball in Pearl as well.

blakeg

Lives to Game
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Female Oshawatt strait away.
    Pidoves fly away near the start, then I cant catch one until after i beat the first gym. What are they doing in the first town?

Sky arrow bridge. Cool though.

Back