• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

UltiMoth

The Ultimate Ulgamoth
Years
  • My WTF moment was when that girl on Marvelous bridge suddenly disappeared and left me confused. And that guy next to her was confused as I was. Was she a ghost? The old lady near the gate entrance said that she used to play with her Abra there before the bridge was built.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    I just got hosed

So I was training some low-level pokemon on black, yadda yadda, made a lot of progress. Then I find out that, WOAH, I GOT POKERUS! Obviously, excitement quickly followed. I've never had pokerus, and just the thought of how rare that is was enough to have me filled with temporary joy and excitement.
    ...and then long story short, I got stuck in a neverending battle where I couldn't damage a pokemon, and it wouldn't hurt me, so I had to turn my game off. Last time I saved was way before my training or pokerus infection. I know it's my mistake for forgetting to save... but I'm still sad.

So, so very sad.
    I don't even feel like playing anymore.

weep sob

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ok, so I'm battling Marshal and his Level 73 Conkeldurr, and I send out Level 50 Gothitelle (Currently training) and Conkeldurr hits with Payback, Gothitelle's health goes down to 1 HP, the Low HP music comes on for like a second then Gothitelle faints.. but still says she has 1 HP left and when I try switch her out, it says Gothitelle is already in battle but it's on the party screen onto who to switch out next and no-one is against Conkeldurr... and now I sent out Archen Level 25 and it just freezes with the music still playing.

Dusknoirs

Gripper Pokémon
    Years
  • Ok, so I'm battling Marshal and his Level 73 Conkeldurr, and I send out Level 50 Gothitelle (Currently training) and Conkeldurr hits with Payback, Gothitelle's health goes down to 1 HP, the Low HP music comes on for like a second then Gothitelle faints.. but still says she has 1 HP left and when I try switch her out, it says Gothitelle is already in battle but it's on the party screen onto who to switch out next and no-one is against Conkeldurr... and now I sent out Archen Level 25 and it just freezes with the music still playing.

Exact thing happened to me while battling Shauntal.
    I was using Blaziken and her Jellicent Hydro Pumped my Blaziken and its health went down to 46 and said it fainted. .__.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    the other day i swear i had a reverse critical capture. i was trying to get an axew in mistralton cave. i threw a dusk ball, and while it was still in the air it shook. then as soon as it hit the ground, it popped out. it was pretty wierd.

Moon Dreamer

Shadow Tamer
    Years
  • i was hatching eggs and got a major surprise, 2 of the newborns were exactly the same in the abilities, natures, and base stats.
    it was like wtf i got twins?!?!

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Just battled a battle girl with a Hitmonchan in the sports dome.
    She used Detect four times before it wouldn't work >_<

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

How long it took me to catch metang! i used about 30 pokeballs 50 ultra's and 40 greats!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    When I threw my last Pokeball at Zekrom for a laugh and I ended up catching it due to a critical capture or whatever it's called

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Never play with your DS clock when going to the DW!!!

I just wanted to warn you that one can lose an entire DW day if you play with the DS clock settings. The DW website will tell you you can access the dream world, but the game will say your Game Sync is not fully charged, please wait for 1 day. I think Nintendo is attempting to fix this bug, I hope it will.

It doesn't make any sense to me. You need to connect to Wi-Fi to check if your DW device is charged. Then shouldn't it check if the DW website allows you to log in? Nope, it seems it looks at your ingame clock, which is pointless. Blah, I just changed my clock to try the Royal Unova because 10pm is not in the evening for Japanese programmers =,=""".

Just to give a bit of life to this topic, has it happened to you as well?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It has, and I've never time traveled using my 3DS. Must be a annoying glitch. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I just wanted to warn you that one can lose an entire DW day if you play with the DS clock settings. The DW website will tell you you can access the dream world, but the game will say your Game Sync is not fully charged, please wait for 1 day. I think Nintendo is attempting to fix this bug, I hope it will.

It doesn't make any sense to me. You need to connect to Wi-Fi to check if your DW device is charged. Then shouldn't it check if the DW website allows you to log in? Nope, it seems it looks at your ingame clock, which is pointless. Blah, I just changed my clock to try the Royal Unova because 10pm is not in the evening for Japanese programmers =,=""".

Just to give a bit of life to this topic, has it happened to you as well?

Sad to say, but changing the DS clock has always affected events which involve certain things occuring at a certain time period. Playing around with the clock for small things really is likely to well, throw the in-game clock for events off by 24 hours :( Either way I understand why this is done - so that people don't try to fool the system into letting them in more than an hour a day.

Though a topic on whether playing with your DS clock affected your DW...? Sorry, but that's a little too narrow for discussion. You're free to make threads on other aspects of the DW that aren't covered yet, though! Plus complaints about the DW can go in our weekly poll and if you consider it a glitch, we've got a glitch discussion where it can be further discussed if you want.

...so anyway, as a result, I merged with WTF Moments, since I imagine it made you "WTF".

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • It has, and I've never time traveled using my 3DS. Must be a annoying glitch. :(
    Very annoying indeed. I hope my entire DW access is not screwed. I will know tonight around 1am... I had tried changing the date to one day later without success.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • My most recent WTF moment was a happy one.
    I was hanging on Route 14, I think, trying to catch this female Jigglypuff I'd come across, because I needed a Jigglypuff (all my friends call me Jigglypuff, afterall). It keeps breaking out and I'm getting upset when...BAM a critical capture catches it. My first one of the game. Needless to say, I think this was fate, and I named it after myself. (:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Got to the last trainer on battle subway all 3 of my Pokemon at full health (Daruma is beast mode) and he was down to yellow on his last Pokemon after I hit it... He KOs all 3 of my Pokemon in 1 hit each like it was nothing... I threw my gameboy across my house and stopped playing it for a long time... I even reset my playthrough just because of that bs... (Glad I reset because I got an epic trainer ID :D Look at my signature)

Back