• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I buy 60 Dusk Balls, 90 Ultra Balls, go to catch Zekrom, I catch him on the first Dusk Ball and he's Adamant! :)

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I am so pissed off right now that I might break my DS in half.. After a long vacation, we finally got home. I was so excited to play my pokemon white then suddenly...

MY EVENT POKEMONS WTF?!

Appears that my event pokemons disappeared out of nowhere... WTF happened... I questioned some of my cousins who were left in the house while we are away. They deny my accusation that they traded my events into their games... T_T

Damn! I will collect events all over again T_T

Curse whoever has my event pokemons.. I swear I will sweep their team using only 1 pokemon >:O

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • i played with my brother he had black i had white.
    now,we go on the same route, encouter the same shity patrat in the exactly same spot!!
    i was like:
    "you just saw it right"??
    he said:"**** this **** i cant believe it"
    me:"coooooolllll"
    he: ok i killed it"
    now i see after i caught it i got a dead patrat!!
    me:are you shiting me gamefreak?!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    I was in a rotation battle online a few days ago, they sent out a shiny Conkeldurr, shiny Marill, and a shiny Umbreon, all level 100. What. The. FUUUUUUU!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I go on GTS Negotiations, and the first thing the guy shows me is a level 5 shiny Reshiram caught with a Master Ball. Riiiiiiight...

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    1-hit KOing a shiny Audino :(
    Critical hits always come at the wrong time.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I know this is more of a story, but I figured this is the best place to put it anyways.

So... yesterday I was ONE FREAKIN' EGG CLOSE from getting a supporter status (yes... I participated on the easter bunny), and I was so fuming mad, I couldn't even go to sleep. Slept for 2 hrs from 4-6AM. I wasn't even bothered to turn on the pokemon game until I found out I had nothing to do, so I turned on the game, beat ghetsis, somewhat reluctantly transferred my valuable pokemon in soulsilver and platinum, and played some to try to forget what happened. Then about 1-2hrs later I went around to look around for 6 of the seven sages. After I found the 3rd one, I went straight to chargestone cave...(this is where the "WTF moment" starts)... then the VERY FIRST encounter I get is a shiny male ferroseed. I was ECSTATIC. All the pain from missing that one egg for support status, banging my head on my wall 10+ times, endless loop of "In the end" by linkin park stuck on my head, staying awake most of the night because of that painful memory... all gone. I was literally jumping around the house and I still am xD

anyways, here came the tricky part - CATCHING. I had around 3 ultraballs, 2 pokeballs, and couple of other types. Unfortunately, the weakest pokemon on my team was rayquaza, which is level 50. In other words, none of my pokemon were weak enough to not OHKO it (or maybe, but I was still too scared that I might accidentally kill it). So I just lobbed a last quick ball I had. It broke out right away :( and I knew this was going to be a bummer, and of course, I've failed to catch it with most of my pokeballs, heal ball, dusk ball, you name it. All I had left now was a masterball, and 2 pokeballs. I threw the first of the two pokeballs to desperately try to catch it, and again, it broke out right away, and at this point I just knew I had to use the masterball... but I still tried to believe on my last pokeball, and threw it, closed my eyes, and I heard a critical capture sound, followed by *click*! :D

Years
  • OK. I have a total WTF moment.

-WILD POKEMON BATTLE-
    Me: ANOTHER STUPID COTTONEE?! (at the time I had no idea that Cottonee and Whimsicott were related)
    Cottonee: Hi. I'm Shiny. Catch me. Weird synthetic noise. Meh.
    Me: OH! MY! GOD! Go Poke Ball (the only ball on me)
    Poke Ball: I'll be nice today. Click while in the air.
    Me: WHAT. THE. HELL.
    Poke Ball: Shake. CLICK. I have your Cottonee. It is Modest.
    Me: I'll go online and check this thing out.
    -WILD POKEMON BATTLE-
    First thing Bulbapedia says is that it evolves into Whimsicott. Using a Sun Stone. I make it all the way to Nimbasa City disregarding everything around me. I grind a lot so that it learns Cotton Guard. Go get a Sun Stone. Evolve Cottonee into Whimsicott. I'm like, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! YAY!"
    Then the red flashing light plague descends upon my dsiXL. I look for the charger, and right as I plug it in, the thing dies. "NOOOOOOOOO! All my grinding, gone!"
    Turn on my DS. Open my save file.
    AND I'M STANDING IN PINWHEEL FOREST!
    I check my party.
    And. There's. No. COTTONEE!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
    I was about ready to kill Nintendo for all their sucky mistakes. Why not automatic saving plus always being able to save, with it being part of the menu?

And to this day, I mourn for my Whimsicott.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • My WTF moment of the day. How does this make any sense? It's been more than 24 hours already.
    Your WTF moments?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    One thing that totally threw me off: The Shadow Triad.
    Three ninjas appear around you, the one in front of you says, "..........................................................................................come."
    It's the ultimate maturity test :P

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • OMGGGG another WTF moment!!! I wanted to name a female Nidoran I just caught "Bi***" but the game wouldn't allow me!!! So I replaced the i with an e. Being curious, I then tried naming a Bellsprout P***s without success, but P***ss worked. I had named a Minccino F*You without problem before. Hahaha this is ridiculous.

[Edit]Huh I thought this post would have been deleted by a mod. I will autocensor myself with more asterisks!!! :D

Last edited:

Neizue

B&W Completer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Let's see.... my WTF moment.... Oh! I was searching the Giant Chasm for Kyurem and when i finally got their I interacted with it.

Maxie (me): Jolteon use thunder wave!
    Jolteon: *thunder wave*
    Kyurem *can't move*

The real suprise is when i opened my bag and saw only 2 Poke Balls, a Heal Ball, and a Dusk Ball

Maxie: "..... you've got to be kidding"
    Kyurem: *RRRROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR*
    Maxie: "Ah! stay back!" *throws dusk ball* ...1....2....3........click!

And thats my epic tail of no longer "untold" epicness.... epic :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    My WTF moment was when I stumbled upon my first look at a Stoutland... and how much it resembles Entei... thus I nicknamed it Entei. :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    My WTF moments in White...

*Getting a Snivy with 31 IVs in Speed, Attack, Sp. Defense, and Sp. Attack as my first starter
    *Seeing the Timburr evolutionary line for the first time
    *Kyurem taking over 60 dusk balls to catch at 1 HP
    *Watching my Zorua/Zoroark get 1 hit KO'd in nearly every battle

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I went to my black city, hoping to find a lot of people and all, but it's EMPTY O_O

At first I thought it was a joke or something, but apparantly not... I was excited, but nah, game freak had to troll us :s

Back