• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
  • When I start the game I set out to capture all the legendary with Premier Balls, so that I was doing through history. When I got to the fight with N, and Reshiram appear, I capture it with a single Premier Ball! (I must admit without presumption that I've always had luck with the legendaries when i fight them first time). Entered the fight with N (I decided not to use Reshiram and send it to the box), beat him and now continued with the battle against Gethsis and what is my surprise that his Hydreigon beat all my team. So I lose, give my money and appear again in the pokemon center. By being there I think: no I can't lose and turn off my DS without remembering that the game had been saved before capturing Reshiram so I made the mistake of my life since i spend 4 hours trying to capture Reshiram with a Premier Ball! WTF!!!

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • My Dragonite hurt itself in confusion and lost all of its HP in one hit Oo. How is that possible? XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay I hate DW right now and this is the best place to express annoyance! :D

Anyway, so WTF moments is when someone dream pal requests you, you realise you can't reject them when you see their privacy settings blocks you from checking them, then realising you can't actually delete them at all, and that you have to wait a week for them to be deleted automatically so you're stuck with a flashing footprint for a week. Then just before that you really want to go to the sky, when TrollWorld decides to not let you go to the sky and sends you to the forest all the time, while in the two times you get to the sky within the hour, you get errors, and once you get back there, you find TrollWorld has decided to stop making Pokemon appear because you've found too many. Seriously, wtf.

Oh how I just love the "Dream" World.

Dotz

Acro Bike User
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Just recently realized that I cannot name my pokemon "Hitler". =/

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • Just realised that the Pokemon you sent from 4th Gen, come with their nicknames IN CAPITAL LETTERS. S#cks...

GingerTom

<--made in 5 minutes :/
    Years
  • My best WTF moment is finding that my Celebi that I got through the GTS was an event celebi and got me my Zoura :D

I was so happy that day xD

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I was on the search for a Vanillish in the Winter, because I'm too lazy to train it. :x
    I searched in the doubles grass outside Dragonspiral tower. First, I found two Mienfoo. Then, I found two Sawsbuck. Then two Vanillish. o.O

Autey

The Wise One
    Years
  • Going into challengers cave, and the first encounters of Gravaler, and Riolu. We're both shiny. I was like 'I'mma boss' :D

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Getting DW points, like seriously, how many more mini games and berry planting do I have to do?! D:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • This is both a WTF moment and a n00b moment.

Just got Pokemon White today, since I'm lame and I wait for games to become cheaper (or my birthday). Anyways, got the game, going through, in that...place where Team Plasma kicks the Muuna. Well, I search for one, found it, captured it. Yeah, okay, so I go to where the toddlers (who are FIVE and have POKEMON) are and I battled one of them. One of them is a Muuna and my own Muuna is out...except my Muuna is totally different. I check and my Muuna isn't a Muuna after all; it is a MUSHARNA. ...Whoops.

Well, I was like, "Ooookay, well at least I got a fully evolved pokemon without even needing to find the moonstone!" But then I realized...Musharna doesn't learn any new moves leveling up. LOLWTFBBQRAGE. As you can see, there is a "WTF" in that statement. XD

n00b moment: Thinking Musharna was a Muuna. And I'm probably not even spelling Muuna right.
    WTF moment: I wanted a Muuna, and Musharna doesn't learn any new moves leveling up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Here's how my battle against Zekrom went:

Sparks, my Zebstrika, used Thunder Wave, then I switched her out for Brodile (Krookodile). I don't think Zekrom hurt him in the next few turns, either through Paralysis or Fusion Bolt/Zen Headbutt not affecting Brodile, but Brodile used Bulldoze twice to bring it down to a sliver of HP. I toss and Ultra Ball, it wobbles three times, and I catch it. Not a critical capture, a regular capture on the FIRST throw. WTF? First time that's happened for me against a legendary.

Oh, and the 3D cutscenes. They're epic. Especially the ones with Reshiram. I was shocked when I heard it roar and growl rather than just use its cry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Zekrom/Reshiram have a redicilusly(can't spell, neither can the spell checker) high catch rate, you're supposed to catch them to progress in the story. My Reshiram is in a premier ball and my Zekrom is in a luxury ball.

I knew you were supposed to catch it to progress, but I didn't think it would have a high catch rate. (According to Bulbapedia it's 45, which isn't ridiculously high, but higher than most legendaries) Guess that was a n00b moment then :P

Another WTF moment: Roggenrola having Sturdy. Seriously? You're going to give a common early game Pokemon that ability? So it can annoy the hell out of me every time I think I KO it? I thought I wouldn't have to deal with annoying common Rock type Pokemon (*cough*Geodude*cough*) anymore, but I guess I was wrong.

Years
  • My WTF Moment: Learning that Metagross has a Catch Rate of 3. 3! WHY IS ZEKROM EASIER TO CATCH THAN A STUPID HUNK OF STEEL?!?

Edit:

Another WTF Moment: Learning how to work with RNG. This is going to take a few days... :P

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Have Got Kyruem? To 1 hp, asleep throwing a premier ball capturing it and then my ds turns off... I turn it back and the battery was full.....

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • WTF Moment:

Hum dee dee, tra la la down Marvelous Bridge...
    Hey look, a shadow! *runs over*

*Obtained the Swift Wing!*

Free EVs, of all types, usable up to the max, marred only by the occasional Speed battle.

There's no reason to ride around anywhere else while hatching eggs. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    Mine was before against ghetsis, when he effortlessly swept my entire team (reshirahm, Electross, Gothitella,Samurott, and scoliopede,) then out comes my scrafty and he singlehandedly sweeps his entire team, getting crits on every pokemon he wouldn't be able to take down in one hit.

Not only was I amazed that luck went compleatly on my favor that time, but it solidified my love for scrafty (originally I just caught scraggly solely for the heck of it, then it actually proved to be decent, and then when it finally becomes a scrafty it became the backbone of my team.)

Back