• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    It wasn't a WTF moment it was a WTFAmIDoing moment for me.

I was using my Excadrill against a Cryogonal and used Earthquake. It had Levitate. 'No biggy, I'll remember that next time and use Rock Slide.'

Moments later I used Earthquake again.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    My first WTF: The Castelia Gym with the ah, "funny honey walls." Like WTF I do not want to spend the next 5 minutes trying to go thru this wall. They just had to ruin the gym with one of my favorite types...

Second WTF: That absolutely HUGE level increase after beating the E4.

Third WTF: Finding out that the only season which actually changes the pokemon available, is winter. What a huge wasted opportunity.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Here's one for ya: I was battling the first gym and somehow my Tepig defeated all of his pokemon with FIRE attacks.:shocked:

This next one happens to me in every game: The Legendary Pokemon (The mascot of the game.) Epic battle right? Wrong, throw a master ball and it's over... WTF moment indeed.

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
    Four Wtf moments:I think this may have already been said, but when on Gts Negotiations, nobody will trade and every one will put up level 100 shinies. My best was getting a level 100 Dragonite for a level 49 claydoll. I was like :0 My other was Ghetsis's hydregion at level 50 something. I had to get mine to level 60 something to get a hydregion. My last one was whenever i go to victory road looking for deino, i can't find one. But the one time i train magby in their, they pop out every here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    glitch whenn in a wild double battle. one of my pokes gets KO'd and it makes me switch out to another pokemon, but the only thing is that it wont let me switch. im stuck trying to send in another poke and i cant so i had to turn my DS :(.

and getting murdered in 2nd gym with retaliate lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    my "wtf" moments were

A: the pokemon dance thing, no really, wtf is the point of that?

B: trubbish and it's evolution. no word of a lie I gag or get a bad taste in my mouth when I look at them.

*possible spoiler*

C: not getting to battle the other six sages. really? why bother adding them if all they do is talk about how they'll beat me.

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
    glitch whenn in a wild double battle. one of my pokes gets KO'd and it makes me switch out to another pokemon, but the only thing is that it wont let me switch. im stuck trying to send in another poke and i cant so i had to turn my DS :(.

and getting murdered in 2nd gym with retaliate lol

For the first one, you click the pokemon that fainted and then the one you want to switch for it.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
    I don't remember all of them... however I do remember when I first faced cynthia after barely getting through the routes before it (I have all around lv. 55 and my starter at 65)
    Her spiritomb took me out and its only twenty levels above the majority of my team
    WTF!

Keep on hackin'
    ~RHIOne

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    my WTF moment - encountered a shiny patrat about half an hour into the game, 1 tackle from tepig, it still had enough hp for another.

tepig uses tackle

critical hit.

..sigh

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    MY friend Saying if I beat him in a battle he'ed trade me mew, so im battling him it gets down to Lugia Vs Haxorus -
    Haxorus uses Dragon Claw, Critical hit.
    Lugia has like 50 hp.
    Lugia uses Dragon Pulse, Critical Hit.
    Haxorus has 90 hp.
    Haxorus uses Dragon Claw, Haxuros missed.
    Lugia Uses Dragon Claw super effective.
    Haxorus 1 hp due to focus band or w.e it's called.
    Haxorus used Dragon Rush, Haxorus Missed.
    Lugia Used Gust.
    Haxorus Fainted.

Me - O.O then -.- and finally >=-|

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    1. I brought 30 Ultra balls to catch Kyurem, my last try, the 1st Ultra balls caught Kyurem.
    2. Yesterday at Nimbasa City, i battled someone at the Battle tower. He has a THUNDURUS!!!!

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
    First battle with Zorua on my team:
    I sent out my Unfeazent when I thought Zorua was in the first slot and then I saw it was level one and I was like WTF, is my game broked? and then I remembered Zorua's ability and it's disguised as an Unfeazent XD

ضاد ضاد

لول انا في الجزء السفلي للغاية
    Years
    My first WTF was when I found a shiny Sandile on the desert route... and I captured it. Now it's a fully evolved shiny Krookodile that I have in my current party.

My other WTF was when I had to go to the Musical with Bianca. And that stunk.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    I caught Kyurem in three turns. That was with a Dusk Ball.

It's not really a WTF Moment, but catching Kyurem was far easier than expected.

Years
    My first WTF moment on this game was when I had my first critical capture. I noticed the pokeball had only shook once so I thought I threw a master ball...

Fouluryu

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Going into the unexplored routes (filled with lv 65 trainers...) and getting nearly wiped out with snorlax standing alive would be probably the best wtf moment I ever had.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Running into a Duosion and seeing it a Critical Capture FAIL.

Like,WHAT?Thats like a 0.00001 % chance!

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
    When the masterball shook 3 times.I was like NOway in hell! but it ended up successfully

Back