• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Years
  • My WTF moment was when I got to the Daycare and there was little kids who couldn'tt be anymore than 5 years old and they have pokemon! I mean your character has to wait untill there 10 to get their first pokemon.

That made me go WTF too! And some of those kids were pretty difficult to beat!

jeiizi

Rebuild The Energy
    Years
  • MY most WTF moment? Getting into the whole shinies thing, but never thought i would get one, a shiny low leveled sandile appeared! problem was....... i didn't have low leveled pokemon so i started throwing ultra balls and stuff, and it just wouldn't catch -_- so i told myself, ok maybe if i hit it with a low leveled att.
    It died. yay

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Today, I battled Cheren. His Tepig used Tail Whip...for the ENTIRE battle.... I was like... 'orly'

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    o______O Kay, so, what. I went to Black City after beating Elite Four tonight etc, and this playthrough has existed since May, and yet... Black City is full of people and houses, wtf. I mean I've seen Black City before on a previous playthrough, but this leads me to think that if you leave the game for long enough before initially defeating the Elite Four, it'll eventually reset to people... XD

I'm so confused right now, seriously. There's nothing um, logical to this really. Oh, and I only have one DS, and haven't used Extralink.

/biggest wtf of the game

full of = four houses, but that includes the really big one, which I didn't even see before in previous playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    My WTF moments. Quite a few actually:
    -N's Room. It was just plain unexpected and creepy.
    -The level jump after you defeat Ghetsis.
    -Shadow Triad appearing for the first time.
    -Tried knocking out a Roggenrola then Sturdy kicks in (I didn't know it got an update).
    -Lenora's Watchog knocking out my starter in one hit.

Things that would've been WTF moments if I had not known about them beforehand:
    Shaking grass and Audino's EXP yield. Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Getting ambushed by a Sigilyph in the desert.

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
  • My WTF moment:

Old Team Rocket member in Icirrus City...the one from GSC who stole the Machine Part from the Power Plant...that was awesome! :)

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I have 2.

One was getting 5 critical captures in a row! Didn't even know what it was until afterwards, I was wondering if I had a glitch.

Second was on one of the legendary stags forgot to save and had him a sleep with darkrai and 1 hp left. Forgot about his effect but was saved by cofagrigou's mummy from earlier.

Years
  • My major ones include:
    Finding out that Lenora and that Sanzadora of Ghetsis's were supposed to be the banes of my existence.
    Finding out about the time limit on White Forest/Black City.
    Seeing the RIDICULOUS level jump post-E4 (though I'd been told about it)

Burgh's first in-battle comment. My instant conclusion was 'AAARGHRAPIST!' and had my pendoraa demolish him. He still wigs me out.

And the biggest 'WTF' of all:
    Palpitoad's. Animation.
    Seriously.
    The first time I saw one in battle I pretty much had a face comparable to Black (from Black Adventures) when N told him his age.
    I liked palpitoad somewhat before that battle. And then THAT, and I'll never, ever forgive whoever did that.

manofgamez

Amature Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • My WTF moment...after trying for an hour or so trying to catch Cobalion with no success (I challenged myself to catch everything in the game with only pokeballs for some reason) and on my nect try, paraylzed him, did literally 2 damage, and caught him 0.0 not even a crtical capture; just a normal capture. I was like "...WHAT THE HECK! AFTER AN HOUR OF IT BEING ABOUT 3 HP AND PARYLZED AND NOT CATCHING, I CATCH IT PARYLZED AT ALMOST FULL HEALTH!?! This game hates me -.-" lol true story

slickmario

nomnomnom
    Years
  • Restarted my game after a while. Got up to when Juniper shows you how to catch a Pokemon.

She finds a shiny Patrat -__-

Years
  • After beating the game the first time the upsurge in levels
    also the ferris wheel ride some of the things they say sound really weird, depressing or creepy

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    my wtf moment was in the final battle against N we both sent out an 'archeops' that was actually a zoroark :P

MotherPunker970

Volcano Bakemeat FTW!
    Years
  • when i caught cobalion in my first great ball,after using all 60 ultra balls...
    when i heard awesome techno music while fighting n and elite 4 :D,i mean,were all used to the kiddy cute pokemon music(not saying all tracks are like that,but most are),and then it goes badass!

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • One of my (happy) WTF moments was when I fought Tornadus for the first time and caught it AT FULL HEALTH with a Quick Ball.

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • mine was probably when everyone was scaring me with stories of Ghetsis' Hydreigon and my Coil + Leech Seed touting Serperior killed it in two. and yet i had to reset at least 15 times when battling N, which has NEVER happened to me before. it was his Archeops D: 3 of my team members were fire types and were getting swept by Rock Slides.

Back