• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
Years
  • The one I remember is when I had Chandelure with only like 20 hp or something against Volcanroca. Thankfully her ability was Flash Fire so all the fire attacks he put on me only made her attack higher. So I was like thank god until he used full restore...I was like WTF.. Then finally after another round I BEAT HIM. Since he was stupid to use fire attacks on me also some other move which couldn't hit me due to not effective. SO YAY FOR ME ^_^

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • So yesterday, I was in the battle subway and It was my Reuniclus against some chick's Simisage. We both only had 1 Pokemon left. I had about 100 hp left with trick room going and recover. Simisage had about 20 hp left. I just needed one more hit on Simisage to make it faint and I would win the battle and forever love my Reuniclus. My next turn, trick room fades away. I totally panicked and prayed that I could fit in a last trick room and use recover right after that. Simisage went first of course, hit me with energy ball, got a critical hit and I screamed. The End.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • N: hey Sawsbuck, tell who Gabby really is?

I mean, yes you can talk to Pokemon. But like a friend. I was like hey, N? We're best bros forever. :))

And the second to the last cannon to Skyla, your character will bump its whole body to the wall like, thud. I literally LMAO.

Years
  • When I found out Pikachu was trade-only.

Seriously, Pikachu? XD

You mean Poke Transfer, meaning you need your old Fourth Gen games to get it.

I'm just so sad that some of my fave Pokemon are only available via Poke Transfer, so I have to hoard my brother's DS when he's not using it.

Years
  • My WTF moment is when I fought Kyurem and had only Dragonite left, and was about to faint when I threw a plain Pokeball and caught it. I was mad due to my ultras all failing >=(

TY

My WTF moment was when my Shiny Torterra wants to learn Sacred Fire at lv90.
    I tried it on others, but they didnt learn it...

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Okay.

I've had incredible luck with shinies so far in my Unova adventures - I've already seen three (about 150 hours play total). So today I was grinding, and my Pokémon were about 10 levels above the wild Pokémon, and would always leave the Pokémon with red health, so I was forced to unnecessarily waste PP on the last few bits of health. I really wanted more crits to happen.

And just my luck, up comes a Shiny Tranquill (I'm not a fan of Tranquill, but it was shiny!) and I accidentally knock it out. :\ Second time during this playthrough that I've KO'd a flying-type shiny Pokémon. WTF

Niriate

Rivalist
    Years
  • Managing to catch a shiny Klink in Chargestone Cave, since Juniper said something about always having wanted to catch a Klink. Bring it back to her, nothing...

Years
    • FL
    • Seen Dec 21, 2011
    you know the last battle with charen in the cave next to the pokemon league?
    well i was feeling cocky and decided to go in with just my hundred glaceon and scrafty, i owned him but my glaceon died from stealth rock so i only had scrafty left. then... he sent out unifezent.... i was easily gonna beat him but then he used air cutter, and i fliched, so i thought ok well ill one shot him now, but he air cutter again and i flinched again, 2 in a row i thought he just got lucky. but when the 3rd and 4th air cutters made me flinch i was a bit skeptical. i was low on health so i hyper potioned and kept going, then the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th air cutters ALL MADE ME FLINCH! i was like WTF! HAX DUDE!! the computer freaken cheats! hyper potion, then 9-10 i flinched EVERY SINGLE TIME! then i just gave up and let him kill me... that was the most unfair fight ever. i shouldv brought more pokemon....

Years
  • I seriously JUST caught Landorus in a Pokeball -____- I threw a bunch of dusks and ultras to no avail and then to stall for the timer ball, a regular Pokeball gets it.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • . . . Those ninjas. They scare me. And I swear, in the manga, they look like Mello.

I also thought the water-type gym leader was Falkner for the longest time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was half paying attention to White within a trainer battle that sent out a Whimsicott. I was like, "I'm so used to seeing Cottonee, I should catch this one!" not realizing I was in a trainer battle. I sent out and wasted a totally useful ultra ball. n__n

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When I got my first Critical Capture.

I didn't know there was such a thing, and the sound surprised me.

Niriate

Rivalist
    Years
  • Finding out that Musharna learns no moves via level-up after evolving... What the fudge is up with that?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    I was fighting Kyurem and he had KO'd 5 of my pokemon.
    My last alive was my Tranquill.(hatooboo)
    Kyurem was in red HP and I could have revived any of my pokemon to buy me time.
    He could take me down.
    I lobbed an ultra ball, knowing that if it missed I would die.
    But I still caught Kyurem.

Thats alot of luck. Good for you though. this has happened to me in more then just Pokemon black and white

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    My biggest Wtf moment was when i was battling bianca in my house and i was just going to kill her snivy when my tackle missed -.-

Back