• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're Banned from this Institution

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Have you ever been banned from something? Be it a place, or from using certain things/doing certain activities/eating certain things. Being banned from a place, in this case is being kicked out and told to never come back, btw.

If you've been banned from a website or whatever, you can mention that, if you want, but this question is more geared towards real life!

Tbh, I can't remember ever being banned from any physical locations. My parents never banned me/forbade me from doing anything except I guess taking my computer away in the 7th grade. as for websites and forums when I was a stupid kid, yeah, I was banned from a lot of forums and even pokecharms but I don't wanna talk about it.

i was banned from an mmo briefly because of a charge my mom didn't recognize. at the time i was a teen and used her card (with permission) to buy some cash shop items, but some time later she asked me about a weirdly-named charge and if i was the one who did it, i said no. i guess i misheard or didn't understand the name of the charge since at the time it didn't seem like it was from the game to me. turns out it was, she charged it back thinking it was fraud, and i was immediately banned aha. looked more into it with her and told her that was the charge we did and it was legit. took a week or two but i was finally unbanned :D what an exciting ban story. /s

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    As a person who mostly sticks to the rules, the only ban I've ever received was a 1 week ban from r/cursed_comments because the comment I took a screenshot of was a bit too strong fro the subreddit.

Years
    I have been banned on amazon for having an expired debit card. I also got banned on an old account on youtube a long time ago for uploading copyrighted content.

Years
    When I was 13 I had my Neopets account frozen because I had made multiple accounts to get extra daily prizes. I had a good ride for a few months. I had enough to buy some fancy paintbrushes for my pets, assembled all the pieces of the secret lab map, but they caught up to my digital banditry in the end, and I repent of my wicked ways as a girl.

Years
    My abusive uncle's banned me a couple times from there house. It's great that he's a sailor though and ain't around for half a year at a time lmao.

Online-wise, I literally just got banned from the techsupport subreddit like an hour ago because I asked a question involving piracy :p

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
    Banned from doing anything? Well, I was banned from my playing group for a little bit after a couple games of Civilization. I learn that nobody likes a warmonger :). Oh yeah, I also get banned from a Digimon MMORPG a long time ago, I was a kid and desperation for premium items made me use a cheat device to help me getting those items.

Years
    I'm such a goody-goody. If I got banned anywhere, I would be absolutely mortified.
    ...which means I probably got banned somewhere and erased it from my memory.

irl, I don't even know how I'd get banned from a place. I'm always super careful about following rules and such.

jawadhussain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Why they banned? i think they just delete his msg and give him a warning than ban

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I was banned from Club Penguin for 1 week for saying "shit" inside my igloo when I was like 8 years old. I thought they wouldn't catch me if I said it in my igloo :(
    But from actual places, no haven't been banned anywhere.

Years
    I was banned from Club Penguin for 1 week for saying "shit" inside my igloo when I was like 8 years old. I thought they wouldn't catch me if I said it in my igloo :(
    But from actual places, no haven't been banned anywhere.

THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES! I was banned from Club Penguin a countless number of times as a kid. All for very ridiculous reasons I'm sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I was banned from another forum dedicated to numerous crossovers pitting various characters (mostly animated villains) against each other, because I made a rash comment over a hot button issue that caused it to go under lockdown.

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
    Nah, never have been banned from anything.

Although, I have had to use my banhammer on another forum I moderated. >_____<

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I got banned from my favourite game when I was 9 or 10? I used to be the biggest fan of Toontown Online when I was younger (literally it was all I played on the weekends from Kindergarten - Year 4) and I remember that my parents would never buy me membership for the game. I understand now but at the time my solution was to find cheat codes online and you can guess the rest :D I remember being very upset but actually getting banned is partially what led me to PC as I needed another way to spend time during my summer holiday in 5th grade! So life worked out, the original game closed down and got remade by fans so I could get back in and it was all good. Haven't played in a long long time but it's a game I look fondly back on even with the ban!

Also technically got banned from PC for 2 months because of COPPA, that was also ages ago (2013 I think?) I barely remember the experience, I think I was fine though because I had all my close PC friends at the time on Skype. Just remember being sad that I couldn't post in Pokemon Clubs ahahahaha

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I had 50+ accounts banned on one website. I was very trollish.

Typically I'd make a serious topic, then completely derail my own topic by making snarky comments at whoever posted. (Sometimes with an alternate account). The topics would end up 5-10 pages of petty arguments.

It was wrong, and I grew up. I don't even remember why I did it. Sadly I had a small following of people who would imitate me, when I stopped they started calling me boring and asking when I would go back to being funny. (Led to me awkwardly making those topics but I didn't want to be doing it anymore).

I even went back a long time later and offered personal apologies since the user-base didn't really change, as some took the bait of my topics worse than others. Most were accepting, some didn't believe it was me...but there's a big maturity difference from 13 years old to 18 so I don't blame them.

Years
    Had a Neopets account frozen for letting others on to get game avatars for me.
    Then when I wanted to switch accounts they froze them all because they thought I was scamming when I was just moving my stuff from one to another.

Was banned from one forum but apologized and was let back.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    I was banned from amazon a while back. I was being paid to post 5 star reviews, I know that that is terrible but and I seriously regret it now, but it started when i was 18 and it didn't seem like it would really be that immoral, I had written like 1000+ reviews. It was easy money and I could work from home as a teenager and i couldn't see the evil in it. Sadly though some of my reviews lead customers to buy products that ended up being scams, or dud products and I was banned and had to prove I was only paid to post the review and I was not part of the scam. I can buy things from amazon again now, but I'm still banned from reviewing products.

Back