• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're going to start your Pokemon journey

Chu

Chu 4ever
Years
  • I would have a Squirtle because he is just cool! :) Then agian I would start with Pikachu, but in this case I can't so it would be Squirtle.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I'm going to be generic and go with Charmander. It's still my favourite starter of all time and I probably wouldn't evolve it. My back-up choice would be Squirtle.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Mudkip for sure, his entire line looks just plain badass Swampert is a powerhouse and also quite sturdy.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd start with Piplup because not only is it the cutest starter, IMO, Empoleon is pretty good competitively.

Ingo

Fire Breather Dick
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    Eevee, more specifically Umbreon. I do't care if you say those don't count, they were in Yellow which is a main series game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Meganium is a solid monster, I hear, so I may pick Chikorita if I'm going for a starter to keep using.

Why discount Pikachu?

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • all the water types and fire types(expect for chimcar). I despise grass types for some reason amd completed almost all my games with either fire or water. But ofcourse I would rethier start with pidgey.

Last edited:

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • Cyndaquil, Typhlosion can be taught ThunderPunch >;] or Empoleon, I like offensive types >.> particularly in special atk and those two have it in spades, not to mention Empoleon and Typholosion can quickly get rid of Gyrados via ThunderPunch or Grassknot provided that Gyrados isn't on a diet >.>

Imo Treecko is the only viable grass starter, he brings great offense to a type that's offense is good but is weakened by the fact that they're easily dispatched by common flying type pokemon which often have high attack rendering Chikorita quite bad off, especially in it's own game where the first gym leader is Faulkner e-o

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Bulbasaur would be my pick, because he is my favourite starting pokemon. Also he can learn a wide variety of moves.

Back