• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You're just a quitter..

Years
    Me and my freind battle that way

Its fun and a good way to practice lol

We often have lvl 1 fights but i use my cheep snorlax with Thick fat lol

He always manages to freeze me with his piplup though

On topic:

Maybe these guys ddint wanna ruin their records...

:)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I never actually ran from a battle... three circumstances where I couldn't finish a game, though. Two times my internet cut out on me near the end (and a few others where the net cut out near the beginning), and one time I was in the middle of a battle where someone came over to help fix my car, and I had to leave. That one was awkward. :P

But if that ever happens, I just go by what looks like was gonna happen. If I was gonna lose, I count it as a loss on my record here. Through mutual agreement, of course.

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    LOLz. Yeaup, just today I was battling Piplup Master (He was cussing during the entire battle)and he was beating me at the beginning and then I started coming back. And I had a red Alakazam and an Empoleon at barely above half HP and he had Leafeon at yellow and Honchkrow at full.
    So then he used Giga Drain on my Empoleon which didn't do much but put me in yellow.
    And I KO'd his Glaceon with Shadow Ball from Alakazam. Then my Empoleon Ice Beam'd his Honchkrow bringing it to yellow. Then his Honchkrow's Night Slash KO'd Alakazam via Critical Hit. And got Drift in near red but not at red. So it was Empoleon and Honchkrow. I used Ice Beam (His friend said: He beat you man!) and KO'd it. And he turned the game off. :P

Roihu

In America
    Years
    I disconnected a couple of times but it wasn't my fault (Although it was lucky it happened) because my internet connection sucks. Although it always ends me the trouble of whether I should disconnect or not. :D

Abyss

:)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2008
    I went to my Grandmothers yesterday... I faught some dude who said he was a new person to Diamond and Pearl.. And all he freakin' pokemon were 100. So heck yeah, I turned that sucker off, and since I did, I didn't get a connection after that. But My brother runs from me allll the tiiime.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i have never battled on wifi before but i have played mario strikers on wifi on my wii and i was kickin some kids ass like 52-0 (mainly through mega strikes) and he disconneted and i got a loss for the match

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    LOLz. Yeaup, just today I was battling Piplup Master (He was cussing during the entire battle)and he was beating me at the beginning and then I started coming back. And I had a red Alakazam and an Empoleon at barely above half HP and he had Leafeon at yellow and Honchkrow at full.
    So then he used Giga Drain on my Empoleon which didn't do much but put me in yellow.
    And I KO'd his Glaceon with Shadow Ball from Alakazam. Then my Empoleon Ice Beam'd his Honchkrow bringing it to yellow. Then his Honchkrow's Night Slash KO'd Alakazam via Critical Hit. And got Drift in near red but not at red. So it was Empoleon and Honchkrow. I used Ice Beam (His friend said: He beat you man!) and KO'd it. And he turned the game off. :P

To quote myself, it turns out it was his cousin. But I played the real Piplup Master as well. Same scenario, different pokemon. He screamed I hate you at the end. xP

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Yosh! Shift is back!

Anyway, you can ask anyone I've battled here that I don't disconnect despite negative circumstances. Everyone here schooled me by about... I dunno... 6 Pokemon. On Metroid Prime Hunters, though, anyone who disconnects gets points for your rank taken off.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I don't run away. I just take the defeat. But that hasn't happened lately. =D

Though, I won like 3 or 4 battles now, but on my Trainer Card is says one win. Blaaah. XD

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I've never run from a fight, no matter how hopeless it seemed. I have had kids in my neighborhood disconnect because they were losing. If you lose, then you got beat by someone better than you or you just aren't any good. And if you hack and STILL lose, then the other person is extremley better than you, AND your a bad hacker. I mean, if your going to hack, be sure to do it right, geez... :tired:

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    The win:loss ratio on my Trainer Card is about 12:1 (I was bored once so I sent out "Mewthree," which was a Lv.5 Magikarp with a nickname. It was very much worth the loss on my card. I like to annoy people). If nobody left on purpose in the middle of our battles, it would be more like 19:1. I don't bother myself worrying about people who can't lose gracefully. Besides, many people don't know that the "run" option results in a loss rather than a draw (I admit that a couple of my wins came that way. Hehehe). But, hey? Battling's about fun, not wins. If some people don't get that, it's their problem... Geez, that last line sounds cheezy...

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Eh,I dont care if my opponent runs, Drops, Whatever. In the end it is still a game and is still meant to take on light measure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    opinion based <_< whatever lol

not opinion based <_< whatever lol... but w/e... i don't really mind fighting people with legendaries on wi-fi because they tend 2 b the newbs who dont ev train/look at ivs so w/e... i probably wouldn't mind fighting u

halfling2

Breakfast Squid
    Years
    Two of my friends turned the game off (on GBA) and wasted an hour of my life in total.
    One of them actually had a right to, since I was slaughtering all of his Pokemon with a lvl. 100 Mew, but I hit him in the knee just because he's a pissant and he started whining about how much the little nip hurt him.
    The other one reset the game when I completely turned the tides on him with my digging Raticate, but I didn't mind so much because he's less of a whelp and I was intruiged by how he reset the game by pushing buttons.
    The only battle I've ever "run away" from was when I was destroying a server leader in Net Battle (the computer program) and all of his cronies were amazed at how a n00b was beating him. Then my mom switched off my connection and I got really mad and haven't net battled since.

But I still hate how people try to keep a perfect record even though they don't have enough skill to actually win. I know it's a game, but I'm posting in a freakin' forum about it when I should be sleeping.

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Oh my god... There is a 4 word limit now? What's next? I have to make sure i have the letter "A" in my posts?

not opinion based <_< whatever lol... but w/e... i don't really mind fighting people with legendaries on wi-fi because they tend 2 b the newbs who dont ev train/look at ivs so w/e... i probably wouldn't mind fighting u

No its opinion based because not everyone shares your thoughts. Thus making it your OPINION on that matter. Just because you believe something, doesnt make it a fact.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    in my OPINION, the FACT that all the legendaries are always at the top of the overall stat charts makes it a FACT that the legendaries are uber ponage... its not an OPINION...

stay on topic... lol... im taking 2 myself 2

Back