• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: You're scripted evolved into a pokescript

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I have a question, how do you get to the part where you start editing the script?

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    There is no built in editor in this program. You make you're script using notepad (There is a list of commands for pkmadv posted on my website) and then compile it either from the file associations (right mouse click in explorer - then click compile) or by running the program and using the menu's.

Instructions on the website!

If you use the file associations the program will run creating a .buf file. Open this and you can insert it into you're program!
    Using the menu's in pokescript the .buf file will be opened automatically!

- EDIT -

* Suddenly notices ashy's legs and starts whistling! *
    *giggle*

Years
    I believe this is the tool i've been waiting for a looong time!

EDIT: The introduction and "How to" on your site confuses me a lot...

Can you make a quick, easy tutorial on how to use this program, and how to insert scripts?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Ow boy.. everything is on the site !
    OK.. maybe quick :\
    1. Make your script using Notepad. Ones done, 'File » Save As..'
    Chose 'All files' as the save type and save like something as 'yourscript.rbc'
    (You can use an other editor as well, just make sure you can save as a .rbc file)
    2. Ones it's saved, go to your script and 'hit' it with your right mouse-button.
    3. A Quickmenu will pop up with an option 'compile' (Added to the registery by PokéScript) Chose compile..
    4. PokéScript will pop up and compile your script, now you get a .buf file in the same folder as your script..
    5. DoubleClick the .buf file and BufRite will open..
    6. Goto 'File » Destination' and chose your destination file = your ROM
    7. Push on an org (I hope you made your orgs like this: #org $Test or #org $Done) and then put the Assign button (It's next to the 'adress-bar')
    8. In the Assign window select an offset where to start to look for free space.. then hit the flashlight(?)
    9. Just select the first offset and hit 'Reserve'
    10. You can do this with all your orgs, but I don't think you must.. (to be sure, just do it :P)
    11. Goto 'File » Burn' to write to ROM
    12. Well, I hope you remember the offset where your script starts ? Well.. goto AM and edit a people script-offset by this one.

ALL DONE.. Did it help ?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    No Problem..

@Irish Witch:
    Movements just don't seem to work with PokéScript..
    Did you tried them + did they work (if you did) ?

Edit:
    Plzz take a look here too.. maybe something wrong with the compiler ? :\

Last edited:

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Hmmm... Okay... I this this might be a bug in bufrite!

~ There was bound to be one eventually......
    I just compiled a basic movement script and for some reason when I look at it in hex ed the offsett is misplaced for some reason?

I'll get back to you on it shortly!

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Hmmm... Okay... I this this might be a bug in bufrite!

~ There was bound to be one eventually......
    I just compiled a basic movement script and for some reason when I look at it in hex ed the offsett is misplaced for some reason?

I'll get back to you on it shortly!
    Ok, tnx..
    Talking about BufRite.. I remember there where some strange characters at the end of the log :\

~Good Luck~

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Ok. Updated

Fixed bad pointer pushing in bufrite. May also have been the cause of code not being processed properly as a result of if goto statements!

All it meant with applymovement is that the first item didn't get done. I suppose if you only had single items in your move script it would effect it badly!

----

And answering you're question Bufrite actually attempts to display the characters it's writing to the file in the log which is what those weird characters are. If you go into the pokewitch directory and look under 'Log' you'll see textfile versions of the logs created by bufrite and pokescript ordered by program and date/time.
    In there you can read a full output and even see exactly what it's writing where!

I'm pretty sure I made a directive to turn this of if you want to.

- EDIT -

Dare I say it. Pokescript now apears to be stable and Bufrite just had a bugfix and it's the simplest part of this software.
    (Pokescript took nearly 6 months to get to the point it was before posting. Bufrite was made within a week!)

*Crosses Fingers*

Happy coding pe-op-el-ees!

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Girl, I LOVE YOU ! [Let us hope you're pretty :P]
    IT WORKS ! Yihaah.. and it was only my second script ^^

Only 1 thing now.. the items..
    I know they are hard.. but.. can you fix them ? (Or is something in my script)

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Back from a round... Now for a scripting round I guess?

Girl, I LOVE YOU ! [Let us hope you're pretty ]
    IT WORKS ! Yihaah.. and it was only my second script ^^
    Blushes... Well I'm a security guard so you can assume I ah... Um...

*looks at the words by my avatar*
    I look like Officer Jenny! *hehe*

----

- EDIT -
    *Dons a doctors uniform....*

Hmmm!

- UPDATE -
    My bad. Bug in the command database.. either re-download, or change the giveitem alias manually to read like this
    alias giveitem $1 $2 ' copyvarifnotzero copyvarifnotzero callstd
    addparm 7 copyvarifnotzero ' Command Name
    addparm 1 #8000 ' Raw Data
    addparm 1 '$Val ' $Val
    addparm 7 copyvarifnotzero ' Command Name
    addparm 1 #8010 ' Raw Data
    addparm 1 #8001
    addparm 1 '$Val ' $Val
    addparm 7 callstd ' Command Name
    addparm 0 #00 ' Raw Da

Bad Value

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I did redownload everything.. but the giveitem command still doesn't work :(
    Or, is there something wrong with this » giveitem 0xD 0x1

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    DAAMNIT

Curses, Rabbits and Harwiles! The file didn't update for some reason.. Try now.
    or update manually as per above instructions!

- EDIT - I hate bugs... Need bug spray!

Both files updated as of 4:16am my time (gmt+8)
    Please abuse!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There is no built in editor in this program. You make you're script using notepad (There is a list of commands for pkmadv posted on my website) and then compile it either from the file associations (right mouse click in explorer - then click compile) or by running the program and using the menu's.

Instructions on the website!

If you use the file associations the program will run creating a .buf file. Open this and you can insert it into you're program!
    Using the menu's in pokescript the .buf file will be opened automatically!

- EDIT -

* Suddenly notices ashy's legs and starts whistling! *
    *giggle*
    *blushes* HEY!!!! No looking at my legs!!!! *flees like a school girl*

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm so confused with this scripting thing. Can some one give me a beginners tutorial for scripting rather than an Advanced one?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I'm so confused with this scripting thing. Can some one give me a beginners tutorial for scripting rather than an Advanced one?
    Don't double post plzz !
    But, for a 'tutorial' look at the top of the page..
    Or do you mean a script tutorial ?

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Ashylegs said:

Go back to the ROM HACKING thread and into tutorials. The "Advanced Scripting tutorial" Thread is what you need. It's not really all that difficult. Read it from the beginning. Look at what other people do and say. The trick is knowing that you have to combine Advanced Map with a program like PokeScript or scripted and simply...

... Give It A Go!
    Play, experiment! The only way you learn is my messing up!

:)

-EDIT-
    Opps I thought I was in a different thread....
    Correcting Post!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back