• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: You're scripted evolved into a pokescript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
  • ??? Bat file ???

Are you using the most recent installer because it registers the files automatically as part of the install.

If your not sure then uninstall/delete all the files first and try again.. PM or email me with a breakdown of what your doing and what it says.. If you can doo screenshots then that will be helpfull but not essential.

rotimikid

elite trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    i just downloaded it recently. where should i download it from. i went to that website to download it last time. the website that says poke witch i think.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
  • PokeScript

Pkm Advanced Database

Install the program from the first link first. Copy the 'Install path' from the field it installs to (usually c:/Pokewitch)

The activex objects should register automatically.

Then down and install the database to the same folder so that pkmadv is inside the pokewitch folder.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • whoa kids yall lost me with ur hip jive and cool lingo! I wanna learn how to make wild battles and movement scripts are they sorta like the give pokemon script u made cause I fully understood that!

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • I found something.. well.. maybe you allready did but.
    Instead of 'namepokemon' (which sometimes doesn't work when I hear it from others..) you can use 'special 0x9E' :)
    When you use it this way it works SUPAH !
    Code:
    #org $start
    setflag 0x829
    setflag 0x828
    givepokemon 63 55 0x173
    message $nickname
    $nickname 1 = Give a nickname ?
    callstd 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 1 jump $nick
    end

#org $nick
    fadescreen 1
    special 0x9E
    end

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Hey Irish Witch, this program looks awesome and i understand how to work it and write scripts apart from one teeny problem... When I click 'compile script' on a .rbc file a .buf file doesn't appear in the same directory. Please help!:cheeky:

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
  • Hey Irish Witch, this program looks awesome and i understand how to work it and write scripts apart from one teeny problem... When I click 'compile script' on a .rbc file a .buf file doesn't appear in the same directory. Please help!:cheeky:

um.... Never had that happen before..
    It may have something to do with the program being run on a non-english system... I have encountered that aspect before.

Nevertheless, on the current/latest updates BUFRITE should run automatically - doing away with the need for locating the .buf file.....

re:
    Instead of Namepokemon - Use Special ##
    The specials are dirrenent between r/s, e, anf fr/lg
    You can not expect them to work all the time.
    Namepokeon is actually an alias. It uses a series of specials and commans that 'supposedly' works on all versions.
    However unlike Silver/Gold (being worked on) not even half of the commands in the advanced games are known. Otherwise things would be much easier.

as for :
    When will ..... come out!

I program in my spare time. Lately I have been working a lot of extra shifts. I'm sorry for the absence but I am trying to make headway.
    I will get things out as soon as I can.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
  • UPDATE 10/08/09 MIDNIGHT GMT+8

Completed
    - PKMGS and PKMADV ver 1.2 Databases.
    - Pokescript Crossover Edition v 1.2

Alright. Some of you may have already noticed Pokescript 1.2 crossover was up on the website. Ver 1.2 is an intermediary edition simply to make the compiler function for the new things we learned creating PKMGS

PKMGS is the Pokemon Gold and Silver Database.. We've actually had it finished for about 2 weeks now however the release had been stalled due to a number of reasons.
    The first is that we haven't yet finished re-writing the documentation. Thanks go to Tauwasser for his documentation without which this database could not be made, but now we have to re-write everything and Gold/Silver has a much more comprehensive list of known commands.

The second is personal. Lately both myself and Rinni have been getting more hours at work and this has stalled both of us on our project.

Something to keep out for though. PKMGS has shown me I need to re-think the compiler/decompiler functions a little. Which has caused the Release of Pokescript 2.0 to be re-thought.

Within the next month I hope to release Poket Script 2 BETA
    A testing purposes only program that will be constantly being upgraded. I ask that only people experienced in scripting use this program as it will be highly unstable BUT it will come with an Automatic Update system that will detect updated files and allow you to install new add-ons, databases and even applets for use with the program..
    THIS part of the new program has been finished and tested and will hopefully make installation, updation and use Much easier.

Poketscript 1.2

PkmAdv 1.2

PkmGS 1.2

Happy Coding,
    ~ Irish Witch
    ~ Rinni P

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2007
    I have just installed v1.2, along with the database. I am now following your tutorial, and when I click "compile script", a message pops up that says:
    Run-time error 6:
    Overflow

Why does that happen?
    Thanks!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • So "PkmGS 1.2" is a gold and silver Script editor.

and when i download and open setup it says "Windows cannot find 'pokescript.exe'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I finally got PokeScript to work. But for some reason when I click on the scripted event my game eigther freezes or does nothing. I am doing everything that the main site for it says but yet still freezes. I even copied a script of some person on youtube that showed him burning the ROM and showing it working and even though the script was exact the offsets the same and same steps to do so my game froze >_>

Whats wrong?

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I have a question...The show Yes/No script doesn't work for me...
    It ask Yes/No and it will go to the Result of Yes whatever I choosed...

Years
  • I have a question...The show Yes/No script doesn't work for me...
    It ask Yes/No and it will go to the Result of Yes whatever I choosed...

I'm gussing that you used b_false. I've found that this doesn't work very well. Try using this
    message $bla
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if b_true goto $yes.
    If that doesn't work post the script in the script discussion thread.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Thanks! The boxset 5 works for me!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back