• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You've been diagnosed with...

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
    So.
    I'm feeling rather sick today.
    Of course, it doesn't compare to the time I had a cocktail illness of bronchitis and a gastrointestinal infection.

How sick have you gotten in your lifetime?
    Was is diagnosed as a separate illness or was it just a really bad case of the common cold?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I've had quite a few minor and serious ailments but I don't really like disclosing them if I'm honest.

Years
    I think the worst I've ever had was when I was too young to remember that. I know that I don't have my appendix anymore, that probably hurt a lot. Also I remember that one time when doctors had to put tube through my mouth to see my stomach (or whatever they wanted to see), but I can't remember anything else about it, probably nothing serious. Other than that, I didn't have anything more serious than common cold once in a year.

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
    there was one night few years ago in which something in my stomach area started hurting like crazy. we went to my gp and he said he wasn't sure what it was, but ruled out appendicitis (thank god). he said go home and if it's bad the next day to go to the hospital. it was better the next day, but the pain was unbearable. it was the one time in as long as i can remember that i've ever cried out of pain. it hasn't happened again, but it still mystifies me a bit.

also i've never broken a limb or anything. i feel left out when i see people in crutches, it seems to happen to everyone but me.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Food poisoning once, ill for one whole week. Suffered too much.

There was an inflame in my anus I dun know why. It hurt so much and I became a laughing stock of my friends during primary school because the way I walk and sit is awkard.

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
    there was one night few years ago in which something in my stomach area started hurting like crazy. we went to my gp and he said he wasn't sure what it was, but ruled out appendicitis (thank god). he said go home and if it's bad the next day to go to the hospital. it was better the next day, but the pain was unbearable. it was the one time in as long as i can remember that i've ever cried out of pain. it hasn't happened again, but it still mystifies me a bit.

also i've never broken a limb or anything. i feel left out when i see people in crutches, it seems to happen to everyone but me.

Don't you worry about that, man.
    I've never broken a bone either.

The worst physical injury I've ever gotten was when I got my teeth pulled.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Well apparently I have fibromyalgia and I am doouble jointed (hyperlaxia or wathever you call it in English).

Other then that, I had a sinusitis and bronchitis when I was younger.
    I also felt and pen my forehead, I had to got stitches at two different places on my forehead. I was two years old so I don't remember anything about that.

Years
    I don't really get the flu or cold that much but I have plenty of diagnoses of illnesses that make it worse for me ;A;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have celiac disease & before I was properly diagnosed, I was going from doctor to doctor for 2 weeks. I literally thought I was dying, I had dropped over 20 pounds in that timeframe! And I'm skinny! I almost had to take a semester off bc I missed so much school.

I've also been hospitalized for having a dangerously high heart rate :< I now work from home a lot so I can lay down if I feel faint. The condition is called trachyardia & I'm usually okay if I take my meds.

Those have been my most serious illnesses thus far :P

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I've got really bad asthma and I'm prone to asthma attacks when I'm exposed to too much smoke. It's so bad that I had an attack when I was only a few weeks old that I very nearly didn't make it through. I always had an air purifier in my room growing up and I think my asthma's gotten a lot better as a result. Other than that I tend to get the flu once a year at around the same time each year, seemingly without fail. Kind of annoying but at least I don't get it too often.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've had plenty of colds and stomach bugs that have made me feel miserable, as well as a couple of pretty bad food poisoning bouts. I had a case of bronchitis that was pretty bad five or so years ago, and I've had influenza twice (once eight or nine years ago, where it was really bad and kept me in bed for a week, and a milder case this winter (despite my flu shot) that was pretty awful because it hung in for a month and kept coupling with one illness after another (colds, stomach bugs, etc.). I think it would have been better had I had a chance to rest, but life was really busy, and I had no energy.

I've never had anything serious enough to require hospitalization. I've had to get stitches a couple of times, but those were outpatient.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
    I was diagnosed with diabetes, ADD, and aspergers. Too bad I don't remember what I thought about it but I seem normal. Stupid and idiotic with aggressively changing opinions but still normal.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I had asthma really bad when I was much younger, but I haven't had asthma issues for many many years (thankfully).

Unfortunately, about 4 years ago I got a condition called Membranoprolipherative Glomerulunephritis (probably butchered the spelling but whatever). Basically at some point I got some form of an infection, my immune system freaked out and attacked my kidneys. The damage done to the Kidneys was permanent, so now I have to deal with high blood pressure (around 150/95) as well as anemia (around 100) amongst other issues. Thankfully, I don't feel too sick. I mostly just feel lethargic, sleepy and out of breath (thanks Anemia >_>). The downside is the amount of medications I have to do plus my nightly dialysis treatment. Like I said though, I don't feel sick or too bad either.

Years
    Well apparently I have fibromyalgia and I am doouble jointed (hyperlaxia or wathever you call it in English).
    Aaaah I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia way back when I was just 14. It was awful! For many months before I was diagnosed, I was pretty much always in mild (sometimes severe) pain. I hope you aren't in too much pain. :(
    Thankfully soon after diagnosis I got a medicine that has helped a lot over the years. It can be kind of expensive sometimes, however.. I wonder if my doctor could lower the dosages or something?

pkmin3033

I've been tentatively diagnosed with a couple of things which have been affecting me for well over fifteen years, but have only come to light in the last couple of years because things got so bad I couldn't really take it anymore...I could deal with it during school, but when I started working things started taking their toll on me. It's weird, because I'm quite severely ill at the moment, but I'm missing several elements of the classic diagnosis of what I have for some reason, which makes me difficult for my doctors to pin down - my bloods are fine asides from my platelets, my blood pressure isn't too bad, my ECG doesn't show anything unusual, etc. They shouldn't be, but they are. I just have a couple of worrying and/or dangerous symptoms.

I also had appendicitis when I was six, which was extremely painful...because I was left to sit in hospital for THREE DAYS whilst my appendix swelled and nearly burst inside me. That was fun. That was where most of my problems started, in fact.

I've had my fair share of colds and whatnot, and I've been to the doctor two or three times in my life for stomach bugs and the like, although nothing really came from that other than that I got a couple of days off school. Never broken a bone, but I DID almost remove the top of my middle finger by accidentally slamming it in the front door once. It was hanging on by a thread. Good times.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    When I was 16 years old, I got a horrid cold that had me out of commission for half a month. I lost a lot of weight because I couldn't eat - the pain from my ear was too painful. Luckily, I haven't really regained that weight since and that marked the time when I stopped being chubby. (Except for that one time a year ago where I ate a lot, but I got it together.)

Also around that time, I had an ingrown toenail removed twice. It was not pleasant and I couldn't walk properly for a few weeks due to the cast on my toe. At least it got me out of dance class and phys ed. :3

Oh and lastly, around that time again, I had my hiatal hernia diagnosed. This means that my stomach is trying to go up into my diaphragm. Sounds unpleasant, huh? Doesn't really affect me much. The doctor told me that it would require this unnecessarily expensive surgery to treat and wasn't really worth doing so. So the thing to do is to prevent it from getting worse. That means no fizzy drinks like soda, which really flare it up, nothing overly spicy, and nothing overly acidic. I'm pretty much a-okay, although it does come back to haunt me sometimes. Hopefully it won't get so bad that I'll need that surgery.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Aaaah I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia way back when I was just 14. It was awful! For many months before I was diagnosed, I was pretty much always in mild (sometimes severe) pain. I hope you aren't in too much pain. :(
    Thankfully soon after diagnosis I got a medicine that has helped a lot over the years. It can be kind of expensive sometimes, however.. I wonder if my doctor could lower the dosages or something?

I got some medecine for 3 month, but now I am waiting for another appoitment with my doctor.

I was in pain all my life, but as an hyperlax I thought it was all about that.
    But the kind of pain I had (specially in the morning) and mt month thought it might be arthisis like her. That's why I did all the check ups.

Back