• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You've encountered a foe - How shall we defeat em'?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • From any video game that have enemies, of course, you have to use a specific way on destorying them, unless they have multiple ways on being destoryed. For example, for Mario, he can just stomp on his enemies - from Goombas, to Koopalings. Link uses his sword to defeat his foes, and on shooting games, naturally, you'd use different guns or other equipment to kill your enemies.

So, with all that said...

*What is your favourite way to destroy an enemy?
    *If you were in a video game world of your choosing, how would you encounter and destroy your enemies?
    Share any ideas!

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Danmaku patterns. The most beautiful and elegant way to dispose of your foes. Destroying enemies with lovely forms of magic. Like with rainbow bullets in the shape of a lovely flower. How quaint.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Bwahahaha, koff~

Surely the best way is to soak that sucker in a heat wash of napalm! The flamer cleanses all taint, and is effective against most every enemy encountered in FPS games, and several RPGs and other such games. Molotov cocktails, phosphorous grenades, flamers, napalm, and oils. Fire is the best way to kill your enemies and make sure they don't come back, koffi~

TY

Overwhelming numbers. In a RTS like Red Alert 2 I just love to mass up a massive force of tanks and just overwhelm the enemy with them. It only is effective in RTS as you can control all those units. In a FPS however i just goof around and slice out their lives with the cold steel of a knife :D

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • You've encountered a foe - How shall we defeat em'?

Either that or I acquaint them with a flamethrower.

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm fond of the conventional way of taking out foes. So, just wack them to death with either weapons or spells.

However, my most favourite way to eliminate my foes is...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Speedrunning platformers makes you really adore the feeling of jumping on top of enemies.

Games like Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country do this perfectly via excellent enemy placement and player feedback. Even if you do it so many times it's still so satisfying getting the jump perfectly and having it increase your speed and momentum. I love it so much.

This level was heaven for me.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • The flamethrower in GTA is pure bliss. Seeing people running around and screaming while they're burning <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In shooter games like Call of Duty, I love it when I get to kill foes with weapons like shotguns and snipers. Don't know why, but they always seem to get my heart pumping. xD" Rocket launchers and grenades are pretty fun, too, as well as knives.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I would love to kill a few foes with the evil tendrils from the Darkness. They just seem like a pretty unique and fun way to dispose of the enemies blocking your way. Also, you would get to hold 2 weapons while slicing and smashing everything with the tendrils. Of course, the being possessed thing would suck...but oh well :D

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
  • I love beating enemies in Kirby games, Its so funny, think about it. When the enemies were Created/born/Rained from the Heavens/rose from Hell they didnt think that they would become puffball food.

Although, if I were in the video game world, I would fight enemies like Link from the legend of zelda Twilight Princess. Sideswiping moblins with Epona, Using bomb arrows, and being a Wolf!

~Mew

Years
  • Within RPG games, I tend to gravitate towards the mage classes so majority of the time I'll be bashing their brains in with magic spells or my tank who's got brute strength XD I'm not a strategist in any way, shape or form so I normally bulldoze through my enemies. In shooters though, I absolutely love killing people with rifles though sniping someone from afar is also satisfying.

Years
  • I try to grind so I'm at least 5 levels above it before I fight, and I really try to keep them away with bows or magic

TY

Spams my Z Key

Go my Zergling army! Lay Waste to my enemies!
    Muwahahaha!

Why spam Z when you can spam R or H :D
    Roaches/Hydralisks are way more effective :P

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Healing things to death is the best. I've killed someone with a blood transfusion in DayZ before but I used to absolutely love killing thrall (basic kind of armored zombie) in the game Myth. I'd get my journeyman and I'd get him all these healing roots that he could carry and when one got in my archers missed I'd go and heal the thrall, and then they would die. I love abilities that heal friendlies and harm foes. I dunno why, it just feels sneaky.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Picking of armed guards one by one through silent takedowns from high vantage points in the Arkham series is a thrill. What makes it even more enjoyable is seeing the survivors panic and freak out over any small noise once they discover an unconscious body.

And even though it's a very crude and vulgar method of attacking, farting on people's face in South Park: The Stick of Truth is just so... enjoyable? xD

Back