• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-gi-oh anyone?

Years
  • Yu-gi-oh is one of my fav animes!!My fav character is Atem/yami yugi.I also like Mana(she's like me),Ishizu,Mahad,Karim,Shada,Kisara,Tea,Tristan,joey,Pegasus,Mokuba...But I really don't like Seto Kaiba because he's mean and lame,I only like Seto from the past because he's much nicer.And I don't like Serenity because she's like a cry baby and she can't think with her own head and I don't like Weviel,rex raptor and Duke Devlin they're just lame.Well actually I dislike almost all evil guys in ygo except for pegasus!!The thing that bothers me in this anime is that in 2nd season they talk too much about friendship!!My fav season is the 5th season(dawn of the duel) cause the things are happening in ancient Egypt and I love Egypt!!!!Oh and I hate yu-gi-oh GX it SUCKS!!!

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • Meh I've watched a couple of season (parts)..well I liked it when I was 13/14 but not anymore..after GX started I haven't watched anymore.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • GX is not Yu-Gi-Oh. GX is a bizarre spin-off series that Takahashi thought of but was too lazy to write/draw himself, so he gave it to another artist instead. Meh. If I here "Throw down a face down!" one more time I'll rip Jaden's head off. (Though I must say, the show has its charms in the undubbed form.)

misty_fanboy

self proclaimed #1 misty fan
    Years
  • Yu-gi-oh is one of my fav animes!!My fav character is Atem/yami yugi.I also like Mana(she's like me),Ishizu,Mahad,Karim,Shada,Kisara,Tea,Tristan,joey,Pegasus,Mokuba...But I really don't like Seto Kaiba because he's mean and lame,I only like Seto from the past because he's much nicer.And I don't like Serenity because she's like a cry baby and she can't think with her own head and I don't like Weviel,rex raptor and Duke Devlin they're just lame.Well actually I dislike almost all evil guys in ygo except for pegasus!!The thing that bothers me in this anime is that in 2nd season they talk too much about friendship!!My fav season is the 5th season(dawn of the duel) cause the things are happening in ancient Egypt and I love Egypt!!!!Oh and I hate yu-gi-oh GX it SUCKS!!!
    and I thought I came up with lame reasons for hating charachters...I must agree on the gx sucks thing

Chazz Princeton

I was the 1234pokemon!
    Years
  • I am A cast of yugioh myself!And soon i will make you all see the light! Meh ehe he eheheeh h.......Yh and i hate GX its got nothin in it no story no action!Yh end guess why they never show the old charecter faces?! coz the new artists ar amatuers!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Even though my SN on the Janime forums is Yuuki Judai, I really don't care for GX too much, I like some of the characters, but I really prefer the original Yuugiou (the Duel Monsters one, anyway), I liked the plot in that one more. Admitly I skipped some of the dueling episodes from time to time, I didn't care about seeing the entire 5 episode duel... I just wanted to know how it started, and who won. x3

I do occasionally watch GX (yes, the dub), but I like the Japanese better myself.

Last edited:

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • I think Yu-Gi-Oh is a badly drawn comercial crap anime to get more people to play the card game (Which I think is also crap) so the creators can make huge money.
    When they're mad they play a card game, come on! I hate you so much I want to kill you! Now lets play cards! :E

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Drew said:
    I liked the plot in that one more. Admitly I skipped some of the dueling episodes from time to time, I didn't care about seeing the entire 5 episode duel... I just wanted to know how it started, and who won. x3
    I was the same way XD The plot was pretty good and I liked watching some duels, just not the ones that lasted a long time. My favorite characters were Joey, Serenedity, Mai and Kiba. I haven't seen teh GX series because I lost interst in the show a while ago and because it doesn't look as good.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • I LOVE YUGIOH. Period. I hate it when people bash Yugioh... I personally think the first generation (with Atem, Yugi, Anzu, Honda, Jou, etc.) had the BEST storyline of any manga I've ever read. I mean... the whole thing with Pharaoh's and Egypt was GENIUS. And I loved the romantic relationships between the characters. I was completely obsessed with Revolutionshipping (Atem x Anzu) for a while. <3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • GX is not Yu-Gi-Oh. GX is a bizarre spin-off series that Takahashi thought of but was too lazy to write/draw himself, so he gave it to another artist instead. Meh. If I here "Throw down a face down!" one more time I'll rip Jaden's head off. (Though I must say, the show has its charms in the undubbed form.)

The dub has its own charm similar to Naruto dubbed:

-you get hilarious fun laughing at the sub changes

Hated the anime... and hated GX even more... If they try to put the main characters in super tough situation where they'll lose the duel, then can't they do better than whip up some broken cards that's like "I destroy all of your monsters, draw 5 cards, and I get to summon a monster!" Alright so my example is slightly exaggerated, but you get the point... Card of Sanctity is the most funniest change ever in comparison with the real card -.-;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • *Whimper*I like Yu-gi-oh...does that make me a bad person?

I agree that GX isn't up to the standards of the original, but a few characters keep making me come back. The card effect game seriously annoys me, though. Not only have they thrown in their own ones, but they are also horribly misinterpreting the existing card effects, usually in Jaden's favour. xP

First off, Winged Kuriboh. Yes, it negates all battle damage to you on the turn that it's destroyed but only after it's destroyed. That's right, any hits taken during Winged Kuriboh's damage step still come out of your lifepoints, so Jaden should really have failed his entrance exam because of Ancient Gear Golem's trampling effect. Far more annoying, however, is the way he's using Bubbleman like a regular Pot of Greed, without any regard for the fact that you aren't allowed to have any cards in your hand to use it, an empty field alone doesn't cut it, yet he always keeps drawing out that Bubble Blaster or Polymerization he needs to win the game. And don't even get me started about the whole 'I summon in defense mode' crap. That's called a set and they go face down darn it! >_<

Oh, and Frostweaver...if you want to talk broken cards, how about Illusion Gate (It's basically Dark Hole and Monster Reborn in one card),Fallen Paradise (Field spell that gives you and only you two additional draws each turn), or my personal favourite, the Philosopher's Stone (Equip spell that multiplies the monsters Atk by the number of monsters on your opponent's field)? Card of Sanctity is among the moderate cheaty cards at their disposal. The original has a bunch of random things too (Basically the whole of season one which never failed not to make sense <.<), not to mention the random extra effect on the Meteor burn spell that lets it double up as Change of Heart. It's glaringly obvious that the writers don't understand the game at all. <_<

Still, I do like the original YGO. The storyline (although it's rather silly at times) appeals to me and a lot of the characters are fun (Pegasus, Kaiba, and Joey just to mention a few). As for GX...it's grown on me, what can I say? Anyway, season two sure beat the first, so maybe three will actually bring out some consistent quality. One can always hope. :3

Oh, and on the old characters comment; actually, quite a few of them get their glorified cameos, complete with their faces. This far I count the paradox brothers, Pegasus (Multiple times), Kaiba, Yugi (You actually get to see a sort of transparent edition of him twice. xP), and the Dark Magician Girl (She's sort of kind of almost a character, you know) and by my tell there isn't any noticeable quality difference in the way they're drawn. There's also a duelling monkey called Wheeler, but I guess that doesn't count as a Joey cameo since you don't get to see him. It's more like a reference, yish...

Last edited:

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    No offense, but I think you need some spaces between your punctuation. Plus, you should add more punctuation and captials rather than exaggerated exclamation marks and caps locked words. D8

Yuugiou has been a favorite anime of mine for quite a long time and even falls into my list of top ten favorite mangas. I'm also one of those people who hate GX -- it just totally kills brain cells (the dub anyway; the original is alright). I've been a fan of this anime since it came out and I will continue to support it. The dubbed version wasn't really that great when I saw the original version; it was also too repetitive and happy-happy-joy-joy than I would've liked, but it was good enough to watch.

Even though I'm not a hardcore fan anymore, I'm still a fangirl-obsessed freak over Yami no Bakura. He'll always be my favorite bishie and all of my friends know it. <3 Besides the love I have for some of the characters, I don't hate any of them. I either love them or I feel neutral towards them. They are all significant to the show so I see no reason to bash them unless you watch the dub. D8

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
  • I started watching Yugioh when I was....nine, ten? Something like that and even though it was dubbed not too greatly, I loved it anyway. The characters were great, the storyline was awesome and I just loved it. XD My favorite character was Seto, obviously. He's such a smart arse. x3 My favorite villain was Dartz because he was uber crazy, but had the most awesome voice actor. :D

Back