• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yugioh or pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2004
    pokemon has alot of the same plots
    yugioh is like a big advertisment for the card game (am i the only one who noticed this?)

i guess pokemon

Years
  • MarillMan said:
    pokemon has alot of the same plots
    yugioh is like a big advertisment for the card game (am i the only one who noticed this?)

i guess pokemon

The Pokemon manga doesn't have the same plots as the anime... XP

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2004
    okay im stupid lol *walks out of thread hoping no one else notices my mistake*

Years
  • Jinona said:
    Yu-gi -oh all the way no offence but Pokemon just doesn't grab me like yu-gi-oh does.

I bet this person is reffering to the anime too...I bet some of you guys haven't read the Pokemon Manga...Special/Adventures...that is...

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    Since we are comparing the manga, I'll have to go with Pokemon here.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Hmmmm...Although I like the YGO manga a lot more than the show, owing to the darker more violent part, I have to say that I prefer the Pokemon manga based on the little I've read of it. The art seems less generic, and I just enjoy it more.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I can't compare the manga - I've only read Yuugiou. (And even then, I've only read whatever is in Shounen Jump and then a couple graphic novels from later in the series... in other languages o.o And I've only read one *issue* of a Pokemon manga.)

If we were talking about anime, I still can't compare properly because I watch the Pokemon dub and the YGO subs. XD; But I guess overall I just like Yuugiou better. o.o; Pokemon, no matter how it's portrayed, can't shake its... sort of "childishness". x.o; So things could die in the manga (do they?), but it still doesn't seem as dark as YGO.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2008
    is this about tv or comics? i like the pokemon and yugioh comics equally but i prefer the yugioh cartoon to the pokemon one.

Crystal

Single Worm Superhero
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    I've never read the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga... =\

But I've saw both animes, and I like Pok?mon better.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Regrettably, I haven't been able to find any pokemon manga, and after a certain point I couldn't find yugioh manga either. (If any one could tell me of some bookstores that sell I would greatly appreciate it.) I do however, have one of those pokemon comic sets from way back when, I think it was tcalled the electric tale of pikachu, and I do have the yugioh manga, vol. 1. Between the two, I like them both a whole lot, but I think I might like the pokemon one just a bit more.

Back