• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Z: A Kalos Journey [OOC][T]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So you prefer "strengths" and "weaknesses" to be pokémon/battling related rather than fears/character traits? Different GMs do this differently c:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
It's not that we prefer either or. But we feel like it's more prudent to have an equal measure of both types.

Since this is a pokémon RP it would make sense to have both. Plus it was more a suggestion to replace running in flip-flops.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
While my Co-GM is unwilling to be so blunt. Your characters backstory is too dark for this style of RP. The general feel of the RP is quite lighthearted with a few dark moments thrown in for good measure to keep the story interesting.

We push the boundaries on the pokémon story slightly here, with more mature themes and elements in order to keep things interesting. But a wife-beater abusive father and a boy who left his mother behind to escape beatings... well... that's a liiiittle much. We would prefer if you choose to continue applying for this RP, that you write a character and story that is a little less intense in terms of dark imagery and mature themes.

Thank you for your time and interest in this RP.

I feel like you are being too harsh. This is simply how I wished to develop my character's traits. I would not bother to talk about any history at all in the RP. However, as you wish I shall make a completely new application.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
I feel like you are being too harsh. This is simply how I wished to develop my character's traits. I would not bother to talk about any history at all in the RP. However, as you wish I shall make a completely new application.

They have limited spots, they have to be a little harsher on the rules than in a normal RP. You're lucky they added 3 more spots, otherwise it would be even worse than it is! xD

Reactions: Jay

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Kayla Calloway
9gxfyfE.jpg

17 // Couriway Town // Female

Appearance: Standing at five-foot-six, Kayla is slightly above the average height of other girls her age. She has a rather long and slender figure which matches perfectly with her height. However she's not all skin and bone as she's built up a good bit of lean muscle from her many years of running. While many do find the young lady to be quite appealing to the eyes the most eyecatching feature about her is most definitely her fiery red hair. While friends and foes alike may tease her for her crimson locks she takes pride in her hair color. For the most part she just leaves it down, but when she's running or partaking in some other physical activity she likes to tie it up into a ponytail. No matter how much time she's spent out in the sun, like many of her fellow redheads, her unblemished skin has remained a pale white tone.

As for her wardrobe, it usually depends on the situation. When she's out running Kayla will wear some normal athletic attire and when she's not she'll probably be wearing some sort of preppy attire. However, her favorite outfit is rather simple. A white button down shirt, along with a coat that her father gifted her, paired with some leggings and finished off with a pair of white converse shoes. She carries around a satchel-styled bag which carries her supplies and poke-balls.

Strengths:

Athletic
While not the most talented athlete in the world, Kayla was definitely gifted with some athletic ability. One of her favorite hobbies growing up was to go running, often with pokemon that her parents were watching over. She's not incredibly strong, but is quite nimble and quick on her feet. As such, the physical tolls that come with journeying across the region should be of no concern to the young woman.

Charismatic
Always able to strike up a conversation with even the most socially awkward of people, she's been a social butterfly since the day of her birth. Even when she's being quite rude there's a certain likability about her that charms others.

Compassionate
Well at least to her pokemon. As the daughter of pokemon breeders, Kayla has always had an uncanny connection with most pokemon that she meets. While she's not a PETA member or anything extreme, she does care quite a bit about the well being of pokemon maybe even more so than she does of most humans. However, when there are people that she actually cares about, which is rare, she's fiercely loyal and protective of them, almost as much as she is towards her pokemon.

Weaknesses:

Hot Blooded
While she is a rather charming young lady, Kayla also has a very short fuse. It's almost amazing how she can snap in a mere instant, exchanging her pearly white smile with some choice words and a glare that could make satan cry. When something sets her off it's like setting off a small nuke in the area, she'll be up in your face shouting in an instant.

Impulsive
With this short temper comes a rather impulsive nature. She'll come up with a resolution on what's on her mind at the moment, instead of thinking things through. This combined with her inability to control her emotions lead her to often make decisions when her feelings cloud her judgement.

Teasing? I couldn't really find a good word for this
Ever since a young age, Kayla has found amusement in teasing and provoking others. This is especially prevalent when it comes to those of the opposite gender, she loves flirting with boys just to see them squirm. Seeing people uncomfortable is just entertaining to her and often times it can come off as rather rude and disrespectful.

Goals and Interests: While Kayla hails from a lineage of distinguished Pokemon Breeders, her ambitions are to train and become a successful pokemon trainer while simultaneously creating a foundation to later become a breeder. She believes that taking this journey along side a team of pokemon will enable her to even better understand pokemon in general and progress her a step closer to being able to care for these creatures to the best of her abilities.

Rival: I think Nagi and I are working on it? lmao

Starter:
chimchar.gif

Richie the Chimchar
Male
Scratch | Ember | Leer | Thunder Punch (Egg)
Iron Fist

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8369430&postcount=16

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
So you prefer "strengths" and "weaknesses" to be pokémon/battling related rather than fears/character traits? Different GMs do this differently c:

Yh, it's more to do with seeing how the trainer would act in an interaction or in a confrontation involving a trainer or pokemon. It really helps when there's at least one or two that give an idea of that. In hindsight, I suppose that seems befitting to a personality section, but strengths and weaknesses give a better insight into what the character excels at, and how they can be pushed/will have to overcome on their journey than a personality section would. So they dont have to be specifically pokemon related, but at least something that we can apply to a scenario that involves pokemon.

Not to call people out, but a good example of this would be Ozy's character's impulsiveness. While it's not explicitly stated, we could see how that would effect her in various scenarios, especially involving pokemon.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Name: Jason Sharp

Gender/Age/Hometown: Male/17/Sootopolis City

Appearance: Unfortunately, I'm a horrible artist so I cannot provide a picture. Jason has blue eyes and short, blond hair. He usually wears a white long sleeve shirt with a red puffer vest with a small hole where something was torn off. He also wears gray slacks and brown boots.

Strengths:
Determination- Described as his sister as headstrong, Jason despises the idea of giving up, and will continue to push himself forward, even if there is no clear or easy way. This "never give up" attitude serves him well in training his Pokemon.
Good Will- After his questionable past, Jason felt the need to redeem himself. Because of this, he became a kind, good natured man. Though he still feels guilty, leading into the next topic.

Weaknesses:
Guilt- Jason Sharp wasn't always a bright hearted lad. At one time, he was quite the opposite. Two years ago, Jason was an executive in Team Magma. After the Hoenn disaster(Pokemon Emerald),he decided to leave the region and learn to be a Pokemon trainer all over again. However, the guilt of what he did still stays with him.
Temper- Even in his old Magma days, Jason always had a short temper. He was always getting into fights. While his heart may have changed, his temperament is as short as ever.

Aspiration: Jason came to Kalos so that he could learn to be a better trainer. He had formally recieved training from Team Magma, but he wanted to learn to be a better trainer, a better friend, and a better person. He wanted learn from his Pokemon just as they learn from him. He wanted to redeem himself through his Pokemon.

History: Jason Lake Sharp was born in Sootopolis City and at the age of 8, he and his family went to visit relatives in Lillycove City. While he was there, he was playing out near the safari zone when he heard a Pokemon's cry. He rushed over to find a wild houndour ensnared in a thorny vine. He hurried and set it free. Afterward, he hurried it over to the Pokemon Center where it was nursed back to health. After that, the two were inseparable. Houndour would never leave Jason's side, and Jason would never leave his. Even when they returned to Sootopolis. All the way through his journey, Houndour has remained a loyal and faithful companion and friend.

He didn't join Team Magma until he was 15. He met Maxie in Rustboro City and was offered a position in his organization. However, he didn't join until one day, two months later, when he and his family were visiting Mossdeep City and his sister Melody almost drowned in the ocean. Jason became outraged and accepted Maxie's proposal. In the short time he had been in Team Magma, he quickly moved up the ranks.

Then, of course, came the Hoenn crisis. Images of booming thunder interrupted by scorching sunlight still burned in his mind. That day, Team Magma and Aqua alike disbanded, leaving people like Jason to think about what they had done. After thinking about the incident, Jason decided that he wanted to become a Pokemon Trainer. But the training Team Magma had given him was primarily to fight and eliminate. He wanted to learn to protect and defend. However, he couldn't bring himself to enter the Rustboro Trainer School. Not after what he had done. He decided to leave his Pokemon(including his loyal Houndoom) in the care of relatives and go to the Kalos region to learn.

Rival: Jason's rival is none other than his sister: Melody Byrn Sharp, former executive of Team Aqua. They both to Kalos at together, and for the same reason. Melody's starter Pokemon was a young Spheal she caught and befriended when she caught it stealing food from the ship's kitchen. She wears a white and blue striped short sleeve shirt with a blue hoodie, black cargo pants, and black boots.

Starter Pokemon:
Name(Species): Simon(Chimchar)
Starter Gender: Male
Starter Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Double Kick(Egg), Flame Wheel
Starter Ability: Blaze

Unfortunatly, I have no roleplay sample for me to provide, but look!
|•>
| )
L L A Penguin!

Last edited:

Jay

Years
UPDATE​
After much deliberation between my Co-GM and I. We have decided on the best candidates for the SUs as judged by current submissions.

Congratulations to all whom have been accepted! With this we have all roles for the RP officially filled and the story is ready to begin in full force!

The IC will be up later today and posting will begin after the first Stage is introduced! Good luck to everyone and condolences to those who didn't get in, Shak and I wish you the best of luck on your future RP endeavors.

Jay

Years
Stage 1
Kalos: Route 2​

A sunny and bright little set of roads, connecting Aquacorde to the upcoming forest. It's bright grassy roads are dotted with patches of longer grass where wild pokémon tend to play and hide. A few areas of the route are covered in light tree cover, small patches of forestry among an otherwise single stretch of that signature Kalos sunshine. A river runs along the left side of the route at all times and is often dotted with fishermen and swimming water types. People from Aquacorde often take strolls along this area... and the location os often populated with lots of people, trainer or no. The perfect place to start a journey!

Pokémon Available:​
pidgey.gif
zigzagoon.gif
bidoof.gif
fletchling.gif
bunnelby.gif
sentret.gif
buizel.gif
poliwag.gif
cottonee.gif
volbeat.gif
illumise.gif
plusle.gif
minun.gif

Missions:​

There are nine missions present here! However we do not expect all of them to be undertaken. Work together with friends on whatever mission you like. If you get stuck in a JP that isn't progressing then you will always have another option... and don't consider yourself limited to missions either! You can very easily take a post to catch a pokémon, battle a trainer or explore the route for yourself! If you have your own idea for a mission then you can all feel free to say it here in the OOC or to message Shak and I directly or through the Z group on Skype.

All missions should be claimed officially through a post here in the OOC. As Shak and I won't be on Skype 24/7. So even if you get the go ahead there, be sure to post it here as well!

Mission 1:​
The local Aquacorde grocery store has been pilfered! It's entire berry stock has gone mission and nobody seems to know why. However, a line of Zigzagoon tracks out the back door and into route one might just have the answer. Go reclaim that stock and a nice reward of Poké is in it for you!

Reward: 300 P + 1 Great Ball

Mission 2:​
Tiffany has been crying near the entrance to Route 2 for ages now. Seems her prized pet Skitty has gotten stuck in a tree. Doesn't seem like too big a problem, but some rather aggressive Volbeat have claimed that tree as home. This task might be more dangerous than it seems.

Reward: 2 Potions + 1 Super Potion

Mission 3:​
Subtle cries are being heard from the river bank... and it seems like a young buizel pup has been injured while learning how to swim. The poor thing can barely move... not to mention the fact that it's lost and can't find its family. A helping hand from a friendly trainer is needed.

Reward: 1 Chesto, Cherri and Pecha berry.

Mission 4:​
The annual budew growing contest is in full swing near the entrance to Route 2... but one of the judges is terribly ill and poison powder seems to be the cause... but which budew and trainer are responsible? Which budew even know the move? Some sleuthing may be required and a reward is surely in store.

Reward: 1 Budew Egg.

Mission 5:​
Joey likes shorts. They're comfortable and easy to wear. Timmy thinks Joey is an idiot for wearing shorts, even in Winter. This has lead to a big argument that's causing a bit of a scene. Someone should step in and help talk it out... or to battle them both into submission, surely someone will be grateful either way.

Reward: 1 Luxury Ball.

Mission 6:​
Some fisherman on the river have been catching poliwag and storing them on their boat. They're not catching them in pokéballs, nor releasing them either... and the poliwags have started attacking in rage. Someone needs to get out there and lend a helping hand.

Reward: 2 Old Rods.

Mission 7:​
A plusle and minun have become seperated! Plusle is on our side of the river and is desperate to get back to Minun, who's stuck on the other side after their makeshift bridge fell apart. What cruel heart could deny a happy romance?

Reward: The satsifaction of a job well done.

Mission 8:​
A ruin maniac is going crazy over some glowing stone that's lodged in the ground, he's digging up plants and ruining the homes of local wildlife just to get to it! By peaceful or forceful means, he needs to be stopped.

Reward: 1 Dawn Stone.

Mission 9:​
A wild Fletchinder is flying through the air and striking Cottonnee out of the sky for sport! THe poor pokémon, floating in the wind, are helpless. They need someone to help them or their entire group will be in trouble.

Reward: 1 Miracle Seed

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Avril will be partaking in Mission 1 and trying to catch a Fletchling at some point.

Reactions: Jay
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Mission 9 please. Gonna get a Cottonnee and let Jorunn play with fire c:

Jay

Years
I'll take mission number 8 for Ryker. Defending the environment and getting shiny things. A definite good time.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
I'm interested in mission 7 myself. Will my gamer instincts betray me like they did in dark souls?

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
I'll take mission 3! The poor bleeding heart can't stand the cries of a poor baby 'mon.

Also, if anyone wants to group up for mission 2, that could be fun!

Jay

Years
IC CSS for Shak scrub:

4BFfcOj.png
Drew Tucker
chespin.gif
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

POST GOES HERE SHAK

Inventory
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
hi, i'd like to ask for a custom mission?

+CUSTOM MISSION [10]

An elderly couple roaming the streets of Aquacorde is in distress because of a lost item. The husband's beloved pocket watch was apparently stolen by a pickpocket that ran off towards the bridge. Get their artifact back and they may just reward you.

suggested reward: 500 Poke OR 1 Evolutionary Stone (Dusk or Shiny?)​

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
hi, i'd like to ask for a custom mission?

+CUSTOM MISSION [10]

An elderly couple roaming the streets of Aquacorde is in distress because of a lost item. The husband's beloved pocket watch was apparently stolen by a pickpocket that ran off towards the bridge. Get their artifact back and they may just reward you.

suggested reward: 500 Poke OR 1 Evolutionary Stone (Dusk or Shiny?)​

Sounds good.
If you want the dusk or Shiny stones, Audrey will have to go through a bit, but if you write it as a simple task then it'll just be 500 Poke

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I would probably love for Jorunn to actually capture a Fletchling later on so I wish for it to be available again at some point c: right now it just doesn't go with her fear of fire haha.

Back