• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Z-Ring Accessory

Migit78

Pokemon Master
Years
  • So, today a Z-Ring Accessory got announced for Australia (and I'm guessing the world?), which is a bracelet with insert-able gems that will vibrate, make sounds and light up, when you use the corresponding Z-power in game.

IGN posted about it Here

Currently the avaliable stones for preorder are Fire, Grass, Water (come with the bracelet)
    and then 3 packs of stones

Electric, Fighting and Normal
    Steel, Rock and Poison
    Ghost, Bug and Dark

Anyone have thoughts on this? will you get it?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I do find it interesting that it actually interacts with the game and isn't just a non functional replica.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm a sucker for anything gimmicky like this so I'll probably end up getting one if it's made available in my area.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    At first I wasn't planning on getting it, but after I heard that it actually activates when you use a move in the game I started to love the idea and now plan on getting it.

Yes, it actually does nothing else really and may be a bit expensive, but I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. :p

Years
  • I probably won't get it but it's nice that it can light up when you do a Z-Move in-game, so I guess that it can "synchronize" with the game in a way.

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    I would buy the crystals if only it is made well. I don't like it when it has a cheap plastic feeling to it.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Ehh it's not really my style and seems way overpriced for what it is. Plus it looks like some kinda clunky kid's toy (which it basically is). It is interesting that it interacts with the game though.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I think what would've made this accessory cooler and more appealing is if it interacted with the game in a way that there would be this button you would press or something that would actually trigger the Z-moves in particular. Like, instead of triggering the actual Z-moves in the game, you would do it via your own wrist. Like, that would be badass.

Unless it already does and I somehow missed it, but I don't think it does.
    Nope, it doesn't do that, it's vice-versus: the game activates the bracelet.

But I don't really think it'd make the bracelet anymore cooler, as you'd kind of be paying for an option you can already do in-game (but I guess the current way it is isn't anymore better :s).

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I mean, if you're going to pay for a look-alike accessory, you might as well provide a useful amount of functionality for how it works with the games. I imagine younger kids (and even some adults, no shame there) would find it a lot more enjoyable if there was a button or something to press on the Z-ring to trigger Z-attacks than to have it vibrate and light up, which seems pretty pointless for its price range.
    But, would it really be THAT impressive to most people? The game and bracelet are already linked having it light up when using a Z-Move in-game and such. I don't think the bracelet essentially becoming a button that you can already do in the game would make it too much more impressive.

Back