• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zeel Deck (Regigigas ex?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    Pokemon x14:
    4x Zekrom (BW)
    3x Eelektrik (NV)
    4x Tynamo (NV 38/101)
    2x Tornadus (EP)
    1x Cleffa

Supporter x11:
    4x PONT
    4x Sage's Training
    3x Pokemon Collector

Trainer x22:
    4x Pokemon Communication
    2x Switch
    2x PlusPower
    4x Eviolite
    1x Rocky Helmet
    4x Energy Switch
    2x Junk Arm
    3x Pokemon Catcher

Energy x13:
    2x DCE
    2x Rescue Energy
    9x L Energy

This is a deck list I have been using for awhile. I have been thinking of adding Regi ex. and taking away a Zekrom +/- 2. I am not sure if it will affect the chemistry of the deck itself. There needs to be a way to add damage to him without putting Regi in the active spot against big hitters. I am aware of the other deck list possibilities also but want to see if there is a way to add him without the flow getting interrupted. I guess I will have to wait to either pull him in an actual booster pack or online and play test him. Input is welcomed! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    I swaped out the regi for a zekrom ex. With regigigas it is just to hard to get going. I just play the deck normally and when it comes down to face another ex., I bring out zekrom ex. It seems to work just fine too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    That's very true. I usually will eat into their Mewtwo ex with regular Zekrom, and finish off with Zekrom ex. People are so hyped up about ex's, they just throw out all the other cards and say they are worthless (ok not really). I do not care what anybody says but the original reshi, kyr, and zek are still really good and you can not forget about them...

Years
  • I actually had a discussion about that with another member here a few months back, I think. Talking about how an EX isn't any more or less efficient than the three dragons that sit at 130 HP for their non-EX versions, with their HP not being significantly more.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I actually had a discussion about that with another member here a few months back, I think. Talking about how an EX isn't any more or less efficient than the three dragons that sit at 130 HP for their non-EX versions, with their HP not being significantly more.
    True. The main dragons act mainly as counterattackers, but their HP is just high enough that you can knock them out with a heavy attack and a pluspower. The EX versions have a little more HP to endure hard hits, but their attacks are painfully slow to set up, high in cost and generally have negative consequences for the high attack costs(discarding energies, dealing 50 damage to self on a coin flip, not being able to use the attack again next turn). The only EX dragon really worth running is Zekrom, and that's only really as a tech.

I'd say Regigigas EX has more of a place in Reshiphlosion since it can work off of the damage, but the time of that deck has long since past.

Back