• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Zekrom] vs Reshiram vs Kyurem

Which legendary beast out of the Tao trio do you prefer?

• Zekrom

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Kyurem

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    For the kick off to the new year, we're going to start with the mascots! Excluding Kyurem but in the future...this will all make sense okay?

XJHBn.png

dragon.gif
    electric.gif

dragon.gif
    fire.gif

dragon.gif
    ice.gif

Which one will it be?

This week's poll is definitely going to be interesting! When you pick a Pokémon out of the three, tell us why! WE WANT TO KNOW WHY, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY __________ IS BETTER. Start up a war, just don't flame (or become angry or cry)! Agree to disagree, and just have fuuuun with these three as well as the future weekly polls we have. Even get creative and share us what grand tale you have to say about the Pokémon you prefer, kind of like the old men and women you usually have tell you in the games! Brighten these polls up for the new year, speak up and vote! n_n

Get carried away because this is a new year and a new poll!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    YEAHHH ZEKROM DOMINATING THIS POLL SO LONG KYUUREM AND RESHIRAM nah kidding lol but I like his design so much better than the others, as well as colour combination. And I'm not a fan of electricity but I AM when it's blue.

Years
  • YEAHHH ZEKROM DOMINATING THIS POLL SO LONG KYUUREM AND RESHIRAM nah kidding lol but I like his design so much better than the others, as well as colour combination. And I'm not a fan of electricity but I AM when it's blue.

BZZZZZZ.jpg

Obligatory.

My vote to Zekrom. Freaking badass dragon right there.

zekromfullart-th.png

Looks amazing in my opinion.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • I have loved Kyurem since I first saw it. I like its typing, and I think the design is kinda cute too. Zekrom is also very cool, it's a close call, but I still like Kyurem more. Reshiram is just ugly and weird.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I gotta go with the underrated choice, Kyurem!

When the art was official revealed, my immediate choice was Zekrom. It's so epic and metallic; I love its wings and tail too. Easily the most awesome dragon type in a way. Then, I sort of fell in love with Reshiram. I like angelic themes. Although I don't like everything about its design, namely the tuft of fur from its crotch and knees, I do like its rings on its body. I eventually ended up getting Pokemon Black for Whimsicott Reshiram! THEN, I totally fell in love with Kyurem. I have a huge soft spot for ice types. They're usually pushed aside into the fridge by the stronger or more popular Pokemon. However, Kyurem is no pushover. It can easily wreck a whole team with special, physical or mixed sets (perhaps the other two can but I don't ever play Uber). I also like Kyurem best because its the only one you can legally obtain as shiny! <3 I love my shiny Kyurem.

So well... if tl;dr jeez :/ My picks from most favorite to least favorite: Kyurem, Reshiram, Zekrom

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    Kyurem more speed, so it can hit faster and beat the other two with a Dragon-type attack, but Reshiram has neutral demage on Kyurem and Zekrom not. However, Zekrom has the best event move.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't know who to pick...for one Zekrom has an awesome design
    but Reshiram has power on it's side and a better movepool in my opinion
    But I love the under dog (dragon) too...plus he has my long awaited ice/dragon typing...and I love the third version mascots...oh and I like the fact that it's possibly based on a zombie (source: bulbapedia)

Years
  • YES DRAKOW ! Zekrom is seriously badass XD, by the way who took my full holo Zekrom >_> ?

Aha . . . Ahahahahahaa . . .

I had to have it man, so I did what a nig does best.

I don't like how Kaori has put the ice dragon in the middle and in front of the other two dragons in the OP picture. It draws more attention to it and hence, makes people more likely to vote for it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Reshiram looks so much like a beautiful masterpiece. Then we've got Zekrom, the ravage overwhelming masterpiece. After that we've just got that leftovers that is Kyurem.

I'ma go for meh home boy Zekrom.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • I just like Zekrom the most. For it's design and half Electric typing, which is my favourite type. I totally dislike Reshiram since I hate fire mons (with some exceptions, but Reshiram's not one of them ^^) and it's design is the least dragon-like.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2012
    I'm lost in the mountains between Zekrom and Kyurem...
    Zekrom is super badass pokemon, Kyurem is one of my most favourite pokemon, I just took an rock on my knee X . x

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Kyurem at least looks like it has a face. Out of all the legendary critters, the designs of Reshiram and Zekrom are some of the most off-putting I've seen. Kyurem isn't much better, but it at least looks like it has a semblance of a face (and therefore a semblance of a personality). The typings are pretty cool for all three, with none of them rapidly standing out over one another, but Kyurem takes this one by a mile.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Zekrom, easy. I don't use legendaries but I like Zekrom's design the best. Kyurem is just weird and Reshiram...fur tuft...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Very tough choice here but I'd have to go with Reshiram here due to just the sheer power that it has when compared to its siblings, not many Pokes can boast surviving a Blue Flare or a Fire Blast from Reshiram when Sunny Day/Drought's in effect and even less can boast that when Choice Specs are involved as well lol. That and I've grown to really like its design a bit more too not to mention I absolutely adore its typing so my vote goes to Reshiram even though all 3 have a special place in my heart.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Actually had to think about this, went with Zekrom purely because Electric and Dragon types are my favourite, so for me Zekrom is the ultimate typing being both, however Kyurem's typing is probably one of the better, instantly wiping the Ice weakness and another strength over dragon types, saying that Reshiram's fire typing does protect it against ice types.

For me its Zekrom, fell in love with it when I first saw it and still love it :)

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    Kyurem, because I have one and I traded my Zekrom to another person. It's everything a dragon Pokemon hates.
    I didn't know you could get a shiny Kyurem. D:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Zekrom is my favorite Legendary of Gen V so I will go with it. I loved the design from the pre-release coverage, as well as Reshiram. But Zekrom is more appealing though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    Kyurem would be the winner.it has higher speed.but if you talk about looks then Reshiram is my favourite

Back