• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
  • Fragments of Time is a DaftPunk song. A cool one, but I do not suggest it.
    And Shattered Link seems great.
    If something relevant appears in my mind i'll tell ya ^_^

Years
  • This is quite amazing, the game takes on a whole new feeling even though it is essentially the same. I do kind of agree with it being weird Link is training the monsters, but he should definitely do it in bottles that's pretty amazing.

And I think a cool quirk would be if Link was his last form of defense, so you wouldn't faint if your last monster kicks the dust, you would instead fight as Link. He'd have attacks like throw bomb, shoot arrow, boomerang, slashing sword, sword's dance even. I know this deviates immensely, but it would be SO cool and worth it.

Years
  • I shall do anything I can to help with this hack I MUST BE A PART OF THIS PLEASE!!!!!!
    My skills
    Mapping
    Graphics (OW and such)
    Editing item graphics
    Editing pokemon sprites and moves alike

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • This is quite amazing, the game takes on a whole new feeling even though it is essentially the same. I do kind of agree with it being weird Link is training the monsters, but he should definitely do it in bottles that's pretty amazing.

And I think a cool quirk would be if Link was his last form of defense, so you wouldn't faint if your last monster kicks the dust, you would instead fight as Link. He'd have attacks like throw bomb, shoot arrow, boomerang, slashing sword, sword's dance even. I know this deviates immensely, but it would be SO cool and worth it.

Yeah that isn't happening, we've gone over that multiple times in the thread but thanks. I really should make an FAQ at some point lol.

I shall do anything I can to help with this hack I MUST BE A PART OF THIS PLEASE!!!!!!
    My skills
    Mapping
    Graphics (OW and such)
    Editing item graphics
    Editing pokemon sprites and moves alike

The graphics and all that is taken care of, I have a very specific borderline OCD way I'm doing the visuals of this game but I appreciate your help. Scripting is much more needed at this point.

I like all the name suggestions guys, it got me thinking. Without using the trend of having 'Link' in the title or an item, and sticking to the theme of this game's story, I thought of one... Sacred Paradox. For those who haven't been following the thread, when the villain who may or may not be Ganondorf earlier in the game (as I may have him dead and revived later for plot reasons) uses Zelda to enter the Sacred Realm, they cause a paradox that rewrites some of the basic parts of reality in Hyrule, effectively mixing characters and creatures from other versions of Hyrule in one place while setting themself as the ruler.

Years
  • Yeah that isn't happening, we've gone over that multiple times in the thread but thanks. I really should make an FAQ at some point lol.

The graphics and all that is taken care of, I have a very specific borderline OCD way I'm doing the visuals of this game but I appreciate your help. Scripting is much more needed at this point.

I like all the name suggestions guys, it got me thinking. Without using the trend of having 'Link' in the title or an item, and sticking to the theme of this game's story, I thought of one... Sacred Paradox. For those who haven't been following the thread, when the villain who may or may not be Ganondorf earlier in the game (as I may have him dead and revived later for plot reasons) uses Zelda to enter the Sacred Realm, they cause a paradox that rewrites some of the basic parts of reality in Hyrule, effectively mixing characters and creatures from other versions of Hyrule in one place while setting themself as the ruler.

Well I don't know how to script. Is there ANYTHING I can do? I really want to be a part of this.

Danno

Years
  • Well I don't know how to script. Is there ANYTHING I can do? I really want to be a part of this.

At the moment I really don't have anything like that that needs help on, I do all of that myself, and it's pretty much all I do.

Years
  • At the moment I really don't have anything like that that needs help on, I do all of that myself, and it's pretty much all I do.

Is there anyway I can get a copy of it just to look around then? I promise I won't release it to anyone :)

Danno

Years
  • Well I meant as far as to play test it

Yeah I might be able to do that soon, just not right away as I have a lot of preparing to do for this weekend today and I'm quite busy, it's also not as simple as just making an .ips patch as it's a 32mb rom. Also the Deku tree is currently broken due to conflicting setflag scripts.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Without using the trend of having 'Link' in the title or an item, and sticking to the theme of this game's story, I thought of one... Sacred Paradox. For those who haven't been following the thread, when the villain who may or may not be Ganondorf earlier in the game (as I may have him dead and revived later for plot reasons) uses Zelda to enter the Sacred Realm, they cause a paradox that rewrites some of the basic parts of reality in Hyrule, effectively mixing characters and creatures from other versions of Hyrule in one place while setting themself as the ruler.
    Absolutely love that name! Glad we could help! (I hope lol)

That story is very well thought out, it gives all of the purpose we would need for Link to set out, along with preventing plot holes, which is very important to me.

A little thought to add:
    Spoiler:

As for the paradox itself.. Here is one idea I had after reading your post:
    Spoiler:

Danno

Years
  • Absolutely love that name! Glad we could help! (I hope lol)

That story is very well thought out, it gives all of the purpose we would need for Link to set out, along with preventing plot holes, which is very important to me.

A little thought to add:
    Spoiler:

As for the paradox itself.. Here is one idea I had after reading your post:
    Spoiler:

Well you have to realize that I'm going by the Oracle Games instead of OOT, so instead of being sealed in the dark world he was literally dead. At the end of the oracle games, if you beat both and get to the secret ending he is revived and you defeat him again. This would mean he's twice dead already at this point, and when he is revived in my game, it'll take place after that. That doesn't necessarily mean he's revived IN the sacred realm, as him existing again would be like all of the other paradoxes existing in Hyrule at the same time. Though that's not to say personality-wise he wouldn't be a conglomeration of his other forms.

Bliss

Years
  • Well you have to realize that I'm going by the Oracle Games instead of OOT, so instead of being sealed in the dark world he was literally dead. At the end of the oracle games, if you beat both and get to the secret ending he is revived and you defeat him again. This would mean he's twice dead already at this point, and when he is revived in my game, it'll take place after that. That doesn't necessarily mean he's revived IN the sacred realm, as him existing again would be like all of the other paradoxes existing in Hyrule at the same time. Though that's not to say personality-wise he wouldn't be a conglomeration of his other forms.
    I've never played the Oracle games, so I had no idea lol. (Thanks for the spoiler :/ lol oh well)

Hmm. In that case, maybe the paradox itself revived him? Or maybe..
    Spoiler:

PS: If you are certain about Sacred Paradox being the new name, shouldn't you change the thread's name? xD No worries on it. I figured either you weren't sure or you hadn't thought about it.

Danno

Years
  • I've never played the Oracle games, so I had no idea lol. (Thanks for the spoiler :/ lol oh well)

Hmm. In that case, maybe the paradox itself revived him? Or maybe..
    Spoiler:

PS: If you are certain about Sacred Paradox being the new name, shouldn't you change the thread's name? xD No worries on it. I figured either you weren't sure or you hadn't thought about it.

I'm not certain on it yet, but I think it's a little closer in the very least to what the game should be called. It's definitely gotta have a ring to it, something that you could google without "The Legend of Zelda" attached to your search, and that works for that.

And the plan is that Ganondorf will be resurrected... but for the sake of more spoilers I'll hold off on how and why lol. I've had a few chats about this very subject over on the IRC

Bliss

Years
  • I'm not certain on it yet, but I think it's a little closer in the very least to what the game should be called. It's definitely gotta have a ring to it, something that you could google without "The Legend of Zelda" attached to your search, and that works for that.

And the plan is that Ganondorf will be resurrected... but for the sake of more spoilers I'll hold off on how and why lol. I've had a few chats about this very subject over on the IRC
    Sacred Paradox seems perfect to me, and the only variation I can come up with is Crystal Paradox, but that seems.. strangely generic to me for some reason.. Eh, there's that.

Btw, I haven't seen a link to this IRC, what is it? :3

Danno

Years
  • Sacred Paradox seems perfect to me, and the only variation I can come up with is Crystal Paradox, but that seems.. strangely generic to me for some reason.. Eh, there's that.

Btw, I haven't seen a link to this IRC, what is it? :3

I might go with sacred paradox then. And I'll inbox you

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • So I was sort of brainstorming some names for this, and I focused on the metaphorical idea that time flows, like a river. From there, a bunch of names just sort of jumped out at me. Words in parentheses can be omitted without changing the name, I'm just not sure what I liked better. Also, "Time" could probably be replaced with "History" in my examples.

The Legend of Zelda: (The) Conflux of Time - When two rivers meet, it's called a confluence or conflux. This one doesn't flow that well, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Covenant of Time - This one might have more backstory involved. How exactly did Ganon begin merging the timelines? Could he have perhaps made an agreement with some higher power?
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Branches of Time - Different branches of time are converging, why not?
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Tree of Time - Might be another backstory changer, but I like how it sounds!
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Epoch of Eternity/Shadow
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Eon of Eternity/Shadow
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Tether of Time
    The Legend of Zelda: Nah Man This is Really Pokemon

EDIT:
    And one more...
    The Legend of Zelda: Realm of Rebirth - That's basically what's happening, with the Sacred Realm being corrupted and history being overwritten. That's the sort of title that I think a Zelda game could turn sinister VERY quickly. Like, it almost sounds pleasant when you hear it, but the player will get to the point where the implications will put a pit in their stomach! Plus, depending on what happens after the final battle (what kind of rebirth fixing the timeline triggers), it could really be the entire theme of the game, beginning to end!

Last edited:

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • So I was sort of brainstorming some names for this, and I focused on the metaphorical idea that time flows, like a river. From there, a bunch of names just sort of jumped out at me. Words in parentheses can be omitted without changing the name, I'm just not sure what I liked better. Also, "Time" could probably be replaced with "History" in my examples.

The Legend of Zelda: (The) Conflux of Time - When two rivers meet, it's called a confluence or conflux. This one doesn't flow that well, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Covenant of Time - This one might have more backstory involved. How exactly did Ganon begin merging the timelines? Could he have perhaps made an agreement with some higher power?
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Branches of Time - Different branches of time are converging, why not?
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Tree of Time - Might be another backstory changer, but I like how it sounds!
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Epoch of Eternity/Shadow
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Eon of Eternity/Shadow
    The Legend of Zelda: (The) Tether of Time
    The Legend of Zelda: Nah Man This is Really Pokemon

EDIT:
    And one more...
    The Legend of Zelda: Realm of Rebirth - That's basically what's happening, with the Sacred Realm being corrupted and history being overwritten. That's the sort of title that I think a Zelda game could turn sinister VERY quickly. Like, it almost sounds pleasant when you hear it, but the player will get to the point where the implications will put a pit in their stomach! Plus, depending on what happens after the final battle (what kind of rebirth fixing the timeline triggers), it could really be the entire theme of the game, beginning to end!

Sacred Paradox and Realm of Rebirth are currently my favorites.. Realm of Rebirth rolls off the tongue quite nicely, while Sacred Paradox sounds really unique.

Bliss

Years
  • Sacred Paradox and Realm of Rebirth are currently my favorites.. Realm of Rebirth rolls off the tongue quite nicely, while Sacred Paradox sounds really unique.
    Realm of Rebirth.. that just sounds.. perfect..

Still, I have to say that Sacred Paradox is my favorite of the two. (though that might have been influenced by other games that use the term paradox frequently)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    This hack is looking great, good job on all of the sprites.

For the name, how about:

Legend of Zelda: Pockets of Time

Just to keep a Pokemon reference in there

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back