• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • I've gone ahead and changed to Sacred Paradox. I only have 31 subscribers on the youtube page for the hack but the URL is permanently /ZeldaEchoesOfTime/. Should I delete that account and make a new one or leave it as is?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I've gone ahead and changed to Sacred Paradox. I only have 31 subscribers on the youtube page for the hack but the URL is permanently /ZeldaEchoesOfTime/. Should I delete that account and make a new one or leave it as is?

I'd leave it as is.

No point losing the subscribers? :c

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I've gone ahead and changed to Sacred Paradox. I only have 31 subscribers on the youtube page for the hack but the URL is permanently /ZeldaEchoesOfTime/. Should I delete that account and make a new one or leave it as is?

I'd leave it as is.

No point losing the subscribers? :c
    Maybe add a video about the name change (with some other updates, of course) and ask the subscribers for their opinions?

I'm OCD as heck when it comes to these things so my vote is to make a new channel and ask them to migrate (only if you are 100% sure about the name, wouldn't want to repeat this later lol)

But that's just me. Hope it helps!

EDIT: Also, I've been wondering.. Is there a way to use the ocarina to travel? I assume ASM would be required (and as I've said many times, I don't know ASM at all lol) but it would be really cool if we could replace the Fly system with ocarina songs.

Then again, I don't know how the player got around quickly in Oracle series, so if they didn't use an ocarina, disregard this lol.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Maybe add a video about the name change (with some other updates, of course) and ask the subscribers for their opinions?

I'm OCD as heck when it comes to these things so my vote is to make a new channel and ask them to migrate (only if you are 100% sure about the name, wouldn't want to repeat this later lol)

But that's just me. Hope it helps!

EDIT: Also, I've been wondering.. Is there a way to use the ocarina to travel? I assume ASM would be required (and as I've said many times, I don't know ASM at all lol) but it would be really cool if we could replace the Fly system with ocarina songs.

Then again, I don't know how the player got around quickly in Oracle series, so if they didn't use an ocarina, disregard this lol.

In the Oracle Series, you get around easily using "warp seeds".
    They'd warp you to any seed tree you've harvested seeds from.

Works pretty much like Pokémon's Fly system, since all the seed trees are relativly near major places. (dungeons, towns, area of interest, etc).

Danno

Years
  • I'm OCD as heck when it comes to these things so my vote is to make a new channel and ask them to migrate (only if you are 100% sure about the name, wouldn't want to repeat this later lol)

I should clarify, it's only in the channel URL that it's permanently Echoes of Time. But maybe I should make a video.

In the Oracle Series, you get around easily using "warp seeds".
    They'd warp you to any seed tree you've harvested seeds from.

Works pretty much like Pokémon's Fly system, since all the seed trees are relativly near major places. (dungeons, towns, area of interest, etc).

They did use warp seeds, but I don't think I will. I'm pretty sure if I can't get the ocarina working that I have a backup plan or two.

As a side note to everyone, this project's progress will start to slow in a few days for around 3 months as my girlfriend is finally coming to spend 3 months with me and I won't have much time to work on the project. I'll still find some time for spriting and mapping now and then though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    31 subscribers is a very tiny amount, I would make another channel. But this time with a generic URL, something like ProjectZeldamon (yeah this sucks haha but its just an example). Then if you want to change the name of the hack again, you'll just have to change the channel's name.

my girlfriend is finally coming to spend 3 months with me and I won't have much time to work on the project.

Lucky fella! I hope you two have a great time together. It's been months since I last saw my girlfriend ):

Danno

Years
  • 31 subscribers is a very tiny amount, I would make another channel. But this time with a generic URL, something like ProjectZeldamon (yeah this sucks haha but its just an example). Then if you want to change the name of the hack again, you'll just have to change the channel's name.

Lucky fella! I hope you two have a great time together. It's been months since I last saw my girlfriend ):

Thank you! And I might create a new channel with a video with a link to the new one on the old one.

But anyways I just finished this:

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • You should make a new account, but keep the old one and make a video linking to the new one.

Oh hey, ninja'd

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • /sigh, I really should just subscribe to this thread.

First of all, I love the name Sacred Paradox. That's a ring that doesn't hang onto conventions and almost perfectly describes the dilemma thus, at the same time, sticking to Zelda's naming conventions.

They did use warp seeds, but I don't think I will. I'm pretty sure if I can't get the ocarina working that I have a backup plan or two.
    I imagine it would take ASM to at the very least be conventional. All purpose items are generally more complex, and they can be simplified for the sake of simple implementation, but then it's really a question of whether you want convenience over simplicity.

Danno

Years
  • I'm not going to be as active for around 3 months, but I'll still get a little work done here and there. Thanks everyone for your support thus far!

Bliss

Years
  • I'm not going to be as active for around 3 months, but I'll still get a little work done here and there. Thanks everyone for your support thus far!
    Thanks for the heads up!

I'll be waiting impatiently for the release! Keep up the great work, and thanks again~!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years

Well, since you didn't leave any reasons why, still sad to hear that :( Hope to see better progress once you get back! ;) Supporting you fully.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Well, since you didn't leave any reasons why, still sad to hear that :( Hope to see better progress once you get back! ;) Supporting you fully.

A couple posts up, he says he's having his girlfriend over, for 3 months.
    Seems, a good enough reason.
    ______
    ______

Also, this hack looks good, It'll be intresting to play when released.

Is there going to be a monster, like Eevee, with many ways of evolving?

Danno

Years
  • A couple posts up, he says he's having his girlfriend over, for 3 months.
    Seems, a good enough reason.
    ______
    ______

Also, this hack looks good, It'll be intresting to play when released.

Is there going to be a monster, like Eevee, with many ways of evolving?

Yeah, I'm with my girlfriend and pretty busy, but I'll continue to get some work done every once in a while.

I don't know yet about an Eevee styled pokemon, but there are at least 3 planned hidden evos. :)

Bliss

Years
  • Yeah, I'm with my girlfriend and pretty busy, but I'll continue to get some work done every once in a while.

I don't know yet about an Eevee styled pokemon, but there are at least 3 planned hidden evos. :)
    Ah, the possibilities!

Hmm, just had a weird idea. Maybe add Ganon in as the Dark Beast Legendary (post game) for a little something extra?

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Still longing for updates! Keep up the great work~~

Years
  • I don't know yet about an Eevee styled pokemon, but there are at least 3 planned hidden evos. :)

About the eevee style monster... that could be the keese.
    i mean there are fire and ice keeses from ocarina of time (and other games)
    and the thunder and dark keeses from skyward sword.

also great hack, are you gonna change or make new types?

Danno

Years
  • About the eevee style monster... that could be the keese.
    i mean there are fire and ice keeses from ocarina of time (and other games)
    and the thunder and dark keeses from skyward sword.

also great hack, are you gonna change or make new types?

Good idea with the keese, definitely a possibility. Not planning on having new types though. For the most part, aside from decapping and some and new graphics and some music, battling will be just like Pokemon. There will be some renamed moves though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back