• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Zero

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    CH 1: Laboratory

"Professor?" a sole voice called into the darkness. The laboratory had been plunged into complete darkness by a power failure. These power outages were nothing new, in fact they became common after the enigmatic Team Zero found and harnessed the power of an unknown legendary. Using the power of that legendary, they started wars with neighboring regions. That happened forty years ago, and they still held power. Luckily, the Pokemon League managed to remain free of their grasp.

"Ahh... a new trainer? Are you a boy or a girl?" the professor responded.

"Professor Birch, it's me! Grant!" Was that question some kind of sick joke?

"Ahh... yes! Grant, you came to get a new starter?" the Professor answered in a forlorn fashion. "These new ones aren't quite what we used to have, but it can't be helped. After the Impact forty years ago, many Pokemon have gone extinct..." The Professor hesitated for a moment on that last word.

CLICK! Brrzzzzzz... The sound of the generators kicking in alerted us to the fact that power was being restored. A few seconds later, the lights flickered on, and I could see the Professor clearly. She had faded brown hair which she kept tucked under a bandana, and a brilliant white labcoat. Looking around the lab, I found a photo of her father, the late Professor Birch whom she had taken over for. The love of Pokemon ran in the family.

"Ah... the power's back." The Professor's thoughts seemed to linger for a bit before returning attention back to me. "Oh! Your starter! All I have right now is this new Pokemon discovered near the Impact site. Apparently the radiation breathed some life into a set of fake flowers." She went away for a few minutes and returned with a Pokeball. She carefully placed it in my hands and I felt a cold sensation. This ball has been stored away for sometime. Grasping the ball properly, I activated it and unleashed a daisy--or it looked like a daisy. It danced around a bit merrily on two thin wire legs, and waves two leaves. The Professor had been quite correct: This was a plastic flower. A disturbing thought occured to me that this flower may have once marked someones grave.

"I need to head out of town for a bit. You'll find a Pokedex on a table in the back, feel free to take it." She rushed out of the laboratory before I could say anything more. The fake daisy just danced around merrily at my feet. I went and grabbed the Pokedex, and looked up the Pokemon I had.

"_ _ _ Input species name:" the screen read. What is this? This species doesn't have a name yet? I decided to input a name for this new Pokemon: Faisy. After I hit enter, some data popped up. It was a Grass type, but it also had an unusual subtype I had never heard of: Plastic? I prodded the Pokedex to provide me more information about this strange type, but all it recorded was that it was first discovered twenty years ago by scientists at Zero Laboratory in Lilycove City. That didn't seem right, as I had never heard of the type before, but I decided to leave it for now. I had an adventure awaiting for me

CH 2: Littleroot City + Route 101

Littleroot City: A medium-sized city in southern Hoenn. With a population of several thousand, it grew in size drastically after the war started forty years ago. Many apartments and condos line its streets. I leave the Lab, which is in the south-west side of town. I walk back to my house, to pack some things up. On my walk back, I look at Littleroot for one last time. Modern, multistory buildings rise up against the older, single-story buildings that are scattered around haphazardly.

It took several hours to pack things up. I would be leaving this town forever, so it was hard to say goodbye to the house that I spent two decades growing up in. The house from which my father disappeared from so many years ago, the house from which my mother died of illness in, the house from which my elder brother also disappeared just like my father. I was the last person left in this home. The last thing I packed away was an old family photo, which I put away in an interior pocket of my jacket. From there, it was goodbye to Littleroot City.

Although a lot of things around Hoenn have modernized, a lot of things remained the same. A lot of old routes were just as wild and natural as they were in the days of old. However, many new towns had been built, many old towns abandoned or destroyed, and new routes built. Luckily for Littleroot City, Route 101 remained pretty much the same.

In the grassy patches I ran into several Pokemon. Poochyena and Zigzagoon are just as plentiful as they ever have been, and were easy training fodder for my Faisy. Every once and while you'd see Diglett holes, and peppered around even more rarely were Spearow nests. Although the Spearow weren't much of a bother aside from their aggressive natures, many cities in the region started poisoning and trapping Digletts because they tended to cause problems and dig foundations out of buildings. While the term invasive species is rarely used to refer to Pokemon, many people in Hoenn considered Diglett one, especially after an incident where a Dugtrio collapsed an office building with an earthquake killing several hundred people.

It was a short hike, but I eventually made it to my stop for the night: Oldale Town. I had managed to raise my Faisy up several levels, and it constantly danced around my feet when outside of its ball, occasionally even hugging my feet and being carried along with me as I walked.

I stopped in the Pokemon center, and went to the public dorms to sleep for the night. Pleasant dreams, I said to myself. Of course, I knew that my dreams were the only pleasant thing about my life. The past twenty year I, and everyone else in Hoenn, had been living a nightmare.

Back