• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zinzolin disapproves

Which Ice-Type is best?

• Cryogonal

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Vanilluxe

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Beartic

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • Zinzolin disapproves

Zinzolin disapproves
    Zinzolin disapproves
    Zinzolin disapproves

This week it's all about Ice Types! Without Kyurem, we had 3 new Ice Type Pokemon to choose from, all of which were pure Ice.

The least hated of the most hated returns, Vanilluxe, the cold but tasty killer!

Most badass beard in all of Pokemon, Beartic, the vicious hunter of the Arctic!

And finally, the most bizarre ice type Pokemon to date, Cryogonal, the scarce snowflake of Unova!

Years
  • I chose Vanilluxe, because I strongly dislike all three of these Pokemon, and I find Vanilluxe the most likeable as it brings back memories of ice-cream. I love ice cream.

Years
  • I find this little bunch of Ice-types all very interesting and have different playstyles and stuff, but in the end Vanilluxe is my fave of the three so that's who I voted for.

Beartic is really cool as well, gotta love that badass icicle beard hahaha

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Vanilluxe and Cryogonal are two of my favourite Ice-types, so difficult choice. Beartic I've never used and I'm not really that fond if I'm honest. I'll throw a vote to Cryogonal since I really like its design and I'm pretty sure I've voted Vanilluxe in a similar poll somewhere else recently.

Years
  • Even though I voted for Vanilluxe in which I "hated" more in the last poll, that doesn't mean I don't like it. It's just so goofy with its two smiles on its heads, and its stats are pretty well rounded. Cryogonal is interesting enough despite its horrid physical Defense, and Beartic I haven't really gotten to use before but it looks okay.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm personally not too fond of Vanilluxe, unfortunately. It's based off ice-cream, which, I suppose, would be a human-made object. Seeing Pokémon based off them don't quite make sense in my eyes, unless they're partially ghost-type (which could be explained by their ability to posses things).

Like almost everyone else on here, I would have to be aligning myself with Cryogonal as well. Its design looks pretty unique in my eyes, and it isn't so bad when it comes to battling, either; I've used it a few times before. Though, there's always room for improvements.

As for Beartic, I like how they've made its appearance to be; it seems to suit the Pokémon pretty well.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Angry snowflake is the best, obviously. Not because it's pretty good in battles, but mostly because its an angry snowflake.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Those sprites omgggg. So nostalgic for some gen V right now. :( Anyway, for this, I'm gonna go with my main ho Vanilluxe. He's ice cream. He's cute. I love the line, especially Vanillite. Can't go wrong with Beartic either, though. And uhhhhh drooling snowflake yeah sorry bout ya. lol

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Out of the three, Beartic is the epitome of badass; plus I caught a wild shiny one in Pokemon White so I've got a natural love for it. <3

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I chose for Vanilluxe, because I like its design the most when it comes to 5th gen Ice types.

I like Beartic too, particularly in Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White, in which it becomes Ice/Fighting and gets a bigger physical movepool.

Cryogonal is my least favourite of these three, because its design isn't that appealing to me and it's not so good competitively. However, it never really grinded my gears until Super Smash Bros 3DS came along. In that game, Cryogonal is an enemy in the Smash Run mode, and it has annoyed me quite a few times by freezing me.

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • While I have used Vanilluxe in a play-through before, and Cryogonal is kinda cool I guess, I still much prefer Beartic. I don't know why, I just like Beartic's design, abilities, movepool, his pre-evolution, in fact, Beartic is probably up there as one of my favourite Gen V Pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I voted for Beartic. I don't really love both Vanilluxe and Cryogonal, the former is a bit weird because it's food, and the latter is weird-looking to me. I like bears a lot and Beartic doesn't let me down!

JoeCrux

Illustrator
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Beartic is the best among these for me. Because of utility and design.

This gen had the weirdest sprites...But that ice cream thing is beyond weird.

Back