• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zombie apocalypse!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Livewire's thread got me thinking: just what would I do in a zombie apocalypse? So that's what this thread is about. How will you survive in the coming zombie apocalypse? What sort of equipment will you take, where are you going to hide out (or are you going to try to make it to a government safe zone?), who do you want to watch your back, and so on?

As for me, I'm going to grab my bestest buds and find some shotguns and the like, and we're gonna make a break for a variety farm, dig a wide moat, and live out the rest of our days trying futilely to re-establish a connection to the internet. Let's just hope they're not the fast zombies that can catch up to cars and jump wide chasms.

In memoriam William "Bill" Overbeck, whose heart was as big as the tanks that ended him. May your glorious beard guide your soul to new heights.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Well, if you're saying something like the zombies from movies like Dawn of the Dead, it would actually be easier to stop than you might think if all you have to do to kill them is "remove the head or destroy the brain." XD

Years
    I was actually cleaning out my garage a couple days ago,a dn found this huge wodden stick witha pointed edge. It was light and effective, so I stored it away in my bedroom, ready if any zombie wants to deal with me...

Although I would perfer a shotgun. Who wouldnt want a shotgun? AHAHHA!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The government will pretty much take care of things, so I'll follow their orders for the sake of my life.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    1. Cardio
    2. The Double Tap
    3. Beware of Bathrooms
    4. Wear Seat Belts
    5. No Attachments
    6. The "Skillet"
    7. Travel Light
    8. Get a Kick A** Partner
    9. With your Bare Hands
    10. Don't Swing Low
    11. Use Your Foot
    12. Bounty Paper Towels
    13. Shake it Off
    14. Always carry a change of underwear
    15. Bowling Ball
    16. Opportunity Knocks
    17. Don't be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
    18. Limber Up
    19. Break it Up
    20. It's a marathon, not a sprint, unless it's a sprint, then sprint
    21. Avoid Strip Clubs
    22. When in doubt Know your way out
    23. Zipplock
    24. Use your thumbs
    25. Shoot First
    26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
    27. Incoming!
    28. Double-Knot your Shoes
    29. The Buddy System
    30. Pack your stain stick
    31. Check the back seat
    32. Enjoy the little things
    33. Swiss army Knife
    Well, those are the rules I would follow, and I'd just try my best to stay away from everyone.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Go to Liz's, get Liz, go get mum, kill Phillip, go to the Winchester, and wait for this all to blow over.

Seriously, local law enforcement and the National Guard would be more than sufficient to contain any outbreaks before federal intervention is warranted. Zombies are a civilization-destroying force only because plot contrivances make them into such a force.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Go to Liz's, get Liz, go get mum, kill Phillip, go to the Winchester, and wait for this all to blow over.

Seriously, local law enforcement and the National Guard would be more than sufficient to contain any outbreaks before federal intervention is warranted. Zombies are a civilization-destroying force only because plot contrivances make them into such a force.
    It wouldn't happen. The government would take care of it, and it would be quite easy if you're thinking of the zombies I'm thinking about.
    I wouldn't rely upon the state too much, especially when everyone is afraid of going outside for fear of being eaten. Government would literally shut down.

In any case, it's always good to have a back-up plan. Mine would be to get further away from the city than I already am, probably up to the grandparents place where they have plenty of room, food and fire for fuel. Barricade the place up good, and I guess try and hold out for as long as possible. I'd be with my family of course - ain't no way I could leave them.

Weapons would be difficult though. Since I live in Australia they're pretty much all but banned. If I wanted to have guns for the outbreak I'd need to start stocking up on them now, or learn how to make one.

Another problem for living in Australia would be the lack of water. Once the supply is shut off it will probably be difficult to come by, and so a system of collecting and cleaning water will have to be devised. At least the heat might kill them (again) faster.

I once saw this mad set of instructions for using a car to build a bunker. That might also be useful, especially if I couldn't get too far out of the city.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Let's assume for a minute it merely starts as a small incident, and that the police/SWAT/military containment line they send in to stop it fails. THAT'S when there'll be a problem. The virus will inevitably get around the world, via planes or boats, even if they're all outbound and no inbound traffic to the main area of infection, let's say it's America, is permitted. Once it gets overseas, there'll be no stopping it. The one thing I think Americans would have going, though, is that a good amount of us have seen zombie movies and would have some idea what to do. That, and we have the second amendment, so if worse comes to worst, shoot em in the head.

Now, for food and secure shelter....not so easy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    1. Hijack a car.
    2. Locate my Boyfriend.
    3. Get him to safety, even at the cost of my own life.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    This really depends on if you're referring to the classical idea of what a zombie is (the slow, undead buggers), or the more modern and realistic idea of what a zombie is (infected, that are more often than not superior to humans physically). Zombie apocalypse classic would be easy enough to contain, provided anyone found out about it before it spread too far, but it would probably be a lot harder to contain an infected scenario. They can move faster, they're stronger, and likely adaptable. The government helping in that case? Pfft.

Years
    1. Cardio
    2. The Double Tap
    3. Beware of Bathrooms
    4. Wear Seat Belts
    5. No Attachments
    6. The "Skillet"
    7. Travel Light
    9. With your Bare Hands
    10. Don't Swing Low
    11. Use Your Foot
    12. Bounty Paper Towels
    13. Shake it Off
    15. Bowling Ball
    16. Opportunity Knocks
    18. Limber Up
    19. Break it Up
    21. Avoid Strip Clubs
    23. Zipplock
    24. Use your thumbs
    25. Shoot First
    27. Incoming!
    29. The Buddy System
    31. Check the back seat
    33. Swiss army Knife
    Well, those are the rules I would follow, and I'd just try my best to stay away from everyone.

Someone has been watching Zombieland.​

This really depends on if you're referring to the classical idea of what a zombie is (the slow, undead buggers), or the more modern and realistic idea of what a zombie is (infected, that are more often than not superior to humans physically). Zombie apocalypse classic would be easy enough to contain, provided anyone found out about it before it spread too far, but it would probably be a lot harder to contain an infected scenario. They can move faster, they're stronger, and likely adaptable. The government helping in that case? Pfft.

This is my exact thoughts! We would be more buggered if it was the rage zombies from the 28 Day films.
    Anyway, it would depend, but I would opt to go to a secure location that I know well. Things like, and you might laugh, IKEA. The one I use to work in is an actual fortress. 6 inch fire doors that are located in every department, food, clothing, make shift weapons and so on. Though, depends on the change of infected being in there.

I think I would have plans, but would depend where I am, who was with me and what type of outbreak.​

dante1w

Banned
    Years
    i'd grab a couple smokes, a coupl pals, and go up to the mountain and watch the world be taken over by zombies

I'd steal a couple rifles in the middle of all the fuss. Keep one, give the rest to a couple trust worthy friends. We'd make a unit, and climb to higher ground where no one lives. Why ? Well zombies are born from humans, so where humans don't live, zombies won't be, until they start looking for food, and that's when we strike. Kill them off one by one, until we reach a safe zone. We take no hideout, but stay on the move. Zombies can smell flesh from miles away, staying put is just dooming yourself :P

Years
    I always imagine to call some of my friends, get together with them and work something out because I feel with them I have a higher chance of surviving than with my family. =p

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If the government has a handle on the situation, I'd hang with them. If not, there's this isolated plateau we visit every so often I could fortify. I'd take my family and some friends, various firearms and enough scrap metal to fashion a few specialized melee weapons. We have some food to survive off of until we get some edible plants growing. Only thing that leaves is water... Collect rainwater I guess?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Someone has been watching Zombieland.

This is my exact thoughts! We would be more buggered if it was the rage zombies from the 28 Day films.
    That someone needs to watch Shaun of the Dead instead. Most realistic depiction of a zombie outbreak ever made.

In any case, so-called "fast" zombies have all the fighting ability of rioters on PCP, a threat that can easily be dealt with by any decently-equipped and competently trained police force. Again, the only reason why zombie apocalypses happen so often in fiction is because most writers stack the deck in favor of the zombies.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Well, if I couldn't get into the safe house I would hide in a high place. Like on the roof of something. I would get all my friends and family with me(including my dog). For the weapons I would have a shotgun and a SMG. I would carry all the ammo on me that I could.

That's what I would do ;)

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
    1. Cardio
    2. The Double Tap
    3. Beware of Bathrooms
    4. Wear Seat Belts
    5. No Attachments
    6. The "Skillet"
    7. Travel Light
    9. With your Bare Hands
    10. Don't Swing Low
    11. Use Your Foot
    12. Bounty Paper Towels
    13. Shake it Off
    15. Bowling Ball
    16. Opportunity Knocks
    18. Limber Up
    19. Break it Up
    21. Avoid Strip Clubs
    23. Zipplock
    24. Use your thumbs
    25. Shoot First
    27. Incoming!
    29. The Buddy System
    31. Check the back seat
    33. Swiss army Knife
    ^ This

Unless, of course, it's in the event that zombies are more like they were early on in 30 Days of Night, where they were practically ninjas. Then I would grab every fit member of my family (this is the majority of males, all but my little brother having experience in gun-play and assorted military work [Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force from grandparents on both sides down]) and close, trustworthy friends (the crazy-acting ones that always seem to pull out for ya when you seriously need it). Remember to travel in large groups for the ninja zombies so you know where they come from when someone goes down.

Back