• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zoo

Years
    Did you ever go to the zoo? What was it like?

I know I enjoyed it. I got to peer animals of captivity such as snakes, fish, toads, and a lot of cute little spiders. : >

Years
    I've been to Edinburgh Zoo lots of times, the reptiles were always my favourite but they got rid of them for a new chimp enclosure, which was unfortunate.
    they also do do a penguin parade where they let them of the enclosure and walk around a bit of the park which is really cool because they get really close too you.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I guess Sea World would count since it has animal exhibits and all. I used to go there a TON when I was living in San Diego, yay for the Fun Card!

I really want to visit the Houston Zoo sometime, but with so many things to do in life I can't. And I'm always working on Tuesdays, which is free admission after 12 pm.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I've been to the ones in Malaysia and Singapore, as well as a few in Australia. I like observing and learning about animals, so the visits have always been pretty fun.

Years
    I feel like there was something about my local zoo that I loved one time I went to it, although I can't remember what it was at the moment.
    Unless I'm thinking of the aviary instead of the zoo.

But I liked it. It's been a few years since I've been there, though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I can tell you, I went to the zoo with a couple of friends at the age of 16 and had a blast. We mainly made jokes, as teenage boys do, and we only went their because the rides at the theme park we were visiting hadn't opened yet, but we still enjoyed the zoo when we were there. For those who know it, the theme park I'm talking about is Drayton Manor

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Yes, a whole lot of times, which burned out my family, and they don't want to go visit the same zoo again. I've been to the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park, the Living Desert Zoo, the Los Angeles Zoo, and the San Francisco Zoo. I enjoy observing the animals and try to take photos of them at a good view with my phone.

Years
    The last time I visited the local zoo, I was in elementary school. It was spectacular back then, but I'm not sure how much fun I'd have there to this day considering how little changes there have been there since my last visit.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    It's been forever since I've been to the zoo and I really want to go again. I've recently been to the Vancouver Aquarium while on vacation, and that was really cool. I love watching animals.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I literally went to the zoo just yesterday xD I'm sorry but can I just keep all the animals there.

Zoo
    They're so adorable can I keep this one

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I loooove the zoo. <3 I especially love zoos with a focus on conservation. Zoos should have large, wide-open exhibits for the animals else I feel uncomfortable going there. I like the Wild Animal Park back in California quite a bit. I wish I could visit a zoo every day. :3

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm totally cool with zoos that focus on conservation, as Noa mentioned. However, I'm not supportive of putting the animals in captive, especially against when a zoo can't provide a good caring and space that the animal deserves.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    i don't go to the zoo that often
    and probably because i never really cared for it
    looking at animals in cages....
    not for me, i think its boring

the animals are not boring, the part thats boring is that they are in cages
    im a huge animal lover and sure its great you can see animals from close up that you normally wouldn't be able to see in your country but still
    i just don't find it amusing and i find it also kinda sad to see animals behind them glass walls​

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I like the zoo, but I don't get much opportunity to leave the house, so I haven't been to many. One of my most enduring remnants from a zoo trip is my wolf plushie that I just had to buy.

But yes, zoos are really the only way I can get a glimpse of anything that isn't a cat, a a squirrel, or some generic local birds, so of course I find them fascinating. I just want to stare at animals for hours, watching their behavior, and observing the beauty of their designs.

Some may think that it is cruelty to keep an animal locked up, and I have to say that this depends entirely on the situation of their containment. If they're well fed, well cared for, and are given enough space for exercise. So I can't really judge based on a glance. I do wish that they could roam free as needed, but some animals need to be kept in captivity for research and scientific purposes. There are also cases where people find wounded animals and can't ever release them back into the wild. (At the zoo I went to, I saw a bald eagle with one wing, for instance) For all I know, letting outsiders look at them could just be a way to fund this research, that could do a lot of good for humanity. As long as they are treated humanely, it isn't something that I try to be bothered by or think about too much.

food in the wild is free ;)​
    In terms of having no monetary value, yes. But the amount of effort it takes to actually obtain food in the wild is... quite taxing. So it really is free food when they don't really need to exert much effort to obtain it.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    In terms of having no monetary value, yes. But the amount of effort it takes to actually obtain food in the wild is... quite taxing. So it really is free food when they don't really need to exert much effort to obtain it.

isnt that nature? aka wildlife

we do the same thing, only difference is we have to work , get money and then we able to BUY food
    i say, in most cases, they have it better and more easy
    animals don't have the dragging life we humans have to deal with haha
    its simple for them
    eat and survive
    they don't need to pay somebody in the forest before they can kill their pray and eat :p​

Mosbyyy

MEGA EVO OP!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    now think about hundred of pokemons you got in the PC. Did they all have the freedom the deserved?

Back