• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zoroark has endless possibilities

sharpedofile

Basculin are Masculin
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    With its ability illusion, you could do a lot of neat stuff with it, and play some mind games, like;

• copying a slow Pokemon with buffed up on defenses (when in reality that "slow Pokemon with buffed up on defenses" is fast and has pretty good offense)
    • copying a pokemon that has a weakness to a type zoroark is strong against
    • having two zoroarks on your team and copying a pokemon twice, so that you send the first zoroark out, it gets ko'ed eventually, send zoroark #2 out, and you opponent thinks its the real deal, #2 gets ko'ed eventually, send out the legit pokemon, and opponent is hopefully confused.
    and uh, not bragging or anything, but i got a zorua by trading in an ekans.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Everyone plays the species clause - you can't use two Zoroark. Even the in-game wifi battle mechanics enforce this.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    With its ability illusion, you could do a lot of neat stuff with it, and play some mind games, like;

• copying a slow Pokemon with buffed up on defenses (when in reality that "slow Pokemon with buffed up on defenses" is fast and has pretty good offense)
    • copying a pokemon that has a weakness to a type zoroark is strong against
    • having two zoroarks on your team and copying a pokemon twice, so that you send the first zoroark out, it gets ko'ed eventually, send zoroark #2 out, and you opponent thinks its the real deal, #2 gets ko'ed eventually, send out the legit pokemon, and opponent is hopefully confused.
    and uh, not bragging or anything, but i got a zorua by trading in an ekans.

Too bad "team preview" before battles pretty much ruins most of Zoroark's surprise strategy, since the opponent will be expecting it. It doesn't completely ruin the Pokémon, but it drastically limits its potential.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Weeeeeeeeeeelllllllll, since this won't lead to that much discussion based on the first post, how about we discuss whether you've been fooled in-game by your own Zoroark or Zorua, for example thinking you sent out Zorua and then another Pokemon was sent out instead? :D Cause tbh that thread died and that did actually happen to me, lol. >> ttly forgot all about illusion. Oh, you can also discuss if you were fooled by N's Zoroark toooo.

MeanLook

Now you can't get away
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    True,altho you can't use two Zoroark you can use Zoroark and Zoroa

Years
    ...lol, first time I used Zoroark I thought my game messed up and glitched because a Musharna came out.

And N's Zoroark was wasted unfortunately, since it came out as Klinklang, and I actually had my Volcarona use Flamethrower on it, then it changed to Zoroark and was OHKO'd. LOL

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wish they had some kind of mechanic for that....like it shows the backsprite of the Pokemon it's pretending to be, but a somewhat transparent overlay of Zorua/Zoroark's backsprite, that way you don't forget what Pokemon you actually have out. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think the reason N's Zoroark wasn't using illusion was so the basic data would be added to the pokedex.
    That's not entirely true. N has Klinklang in his 6th slot so that Zoroark can use its Illusion ability. Sometimes, he'll send out Zoroark first (disguised as Klinklang), followed by the real Klinklang. During my battle with him, N used Klinklang and then Zoroark.

Anyway, to get back on topic, when I was training up my newly hatched Zorua, I was shocked to see an underleveled Samurott in its place, and I realized that after I couldn't escape from a higher leveled wild Pokemon.

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    admittedly, i love using Zoroark to fool my opponents into thinking it is another pokemon,as weaknesses are often exploited, like against fighting types, zoroark is often in the guise of a psychic type or a starter

BTW: Zoroark w fighting type illusion against psychic types = a barrel of fun!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    admittedly, i love using Zoroark to fool my opponents into thinking it is another pokemon,as weaknesses are often exploited, like against fighting types, zoroark is often in the guise of a psychic type or a starter

BTW: Zoroark w fighting type illusion against psychic types = a barrel of fun!

This actually has happen to me a lot of times when i was Battling in the Battle Subway over 5 times as I remember, but I never felt for it because I'm too smart :P

:t354:TG

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Zoroark kinda sucks. I can always see right through it if it can use one move. It would take a lot of planning to make it work good

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    Zoroark is a good pokemon to use but sometimes when you use it sometimes it can also fool the user thinking that it hates lighting or something which is smart (e.g. Slowpoke hates lighting but zoroark actually hates pyschic).

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I wish I had a Zoroark, I never got him because my Wifi didn't work. >.<

N's Zoroark.. er, it was copying a Klinklang so I used EQ and it still went down, so yes I was fooled so I guess it didn't matter. I also didn't know he had a Zoroark, I didn't look up his team before I challenged him so it was surprising.

Qin

The Flaming Rat's General!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Deception only takes you so far. A good tactician always knows when his enemy's trying to deceive him, and believe me, my friends try Zoroark a lot. They have all failed.

Back