• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    I think it's just my computer being slow in compiling for whatever reason
    because I can't seem to think what else it is and I left it for a while and it started loading again

Years
    • Seen today
    I think it's just my computer being slow in compiling for whatever reason
    because I can't seem to think what else it is and I left it for a while and it started loading again

Ah ok. Yeah, compiling the dynamax species metrics should usually take the longest out of everything. Fortunately, it only really needs to be done once, unless you have a ton of positioning edits to make.

Years
    • Seen today
    Nope. That's such a vague issue, I don't really even know where to begin to troubleshoot it. Especially since it doesn't even kick in until a couple of hours into the game, and I have no idea what you may have done within that large span of time that could be a contributing to it.

I do know that the game does lag when attempting to access the Max Raid Database, which is something I aim to eventually address. But that's the only instance of lag I encountered in the hours and hours of playtesting while designing the plugin. However, it's honestly hard to say, because I do all my work on a vanilla copy of Essentials with just the default maps/events/assets, and the only plugins I have installed are my own and a handful of others that are there simply to test compatibility. So I don't have any idea what may happen in a heavily modified game with dozens of other plugins present. All I know is that I've definitely had save files in the 1-2 hour range and never noticed any lag. There's no real way for me to efficiently test this, so I don't really have an answer for you. Unless this becomes something that a bunch of people begin reporting, I just have to assume it's something specific to your game or computer.

I understand.
    To be precise, I have 21 plugins in total (including Deluxe, Enhanced UI, and ZUD). You said you tested the compatibility with other plugins, could you tell me which plugins you can confirm are compatible? So that I can test compatibility with the other ones.

Years
    • Seen today
    I understand.
    To be precise, I have 21 plugins in total (including Deluxe, Enhanced UI, and ZUD). You said you tested the compatibility with other plugins, could you tell me which plugins you can confirm are compatible? So that I can test compatibility with the other ones.

Basically all the ones ive already mentioned compatibility for with Essentials Deluxe.

Gen 8 Pack
    Interactable Bag w/ party
    The BW UI plugins

And then just my own plugins that ive released.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Hi
    I just downloaded ZUD Plugin and everything I tested works fine except for one thing: whenever I try to use Z Nature Power (in this case with Whimsicott) under a Terrain (misty) it turnes into moonblast like it should be but after that I receive this error message

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: ArgumentError
    Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Move, String], but got NilClass.

Backtrace:
    015:Validation:29:in `validate'
    103:GameData:92:in `get'
    262:Pokemon_Move:16:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Data_Pokemon.rb:313:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:38:in `new'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:38:in `convert_zmove'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:156:in `pbUseMoveSimple'
    183:MoveEffects_ChangeMoveEffect:883:in `pbEffectAgainstTarget'
    166:Battler_UseMove:704:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
    166:Battler_UseMove:702:in `each'

the Z move just was skipped and the battle continue.
    Any idea on how to fix it?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi
    I just downloaded ZUD Plugin and everything I tested works fine except for one thing: whenever I try to use Z Nature Power (in this case with Whimsicott) under a Terrain (misty) it turnes into moonblast like it should be but after that I receive this error message

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: ArgumentError
    Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Move, String], but got NilClass.

Backtrace:
    015:Validation:29:in `validate'
    103:GameData:92:in `get'
    262:Pokemon_Move:16:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Data_Pokemon.rb:313:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:38:in `new'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:38:in `convert_zmove'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:156:in `pbUseMoveSimple'
    183:MoveEffects_ChangeMoveEffect:883:in `pbEffectAgainstTarget'
    166:Battler_UseMove:704:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
    166:Battler_UseMove:702:in `each'

the Z move just was skipped and the battle continue.
    Any idea on how to fix it?

Probably something annoyingly convoluted. I hate these moves that call other moves. I'll look into it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.3)
    • Fixed an error that would occur when using Z-Powered versions of status moves that can call damage-dealing moves, such as Nature Power or Metronome.
    • Made it so that Baton Passing while trapped by the effects of G-Max Sandblast and G-Max Centiferno will now properly pass the trapping effects.
    • Removed the updated function codes for Behemoth Blade, Behemoth Bash and Dynamax Cannon from the ZUD compiler scripts, and simply made it so that they are included in the same PBS file that adds Z-Move and Max Move data.
    • Fixed an error with the console display while compiling the game that may have made it appear that the game froze while compiling Dynamax metrics.

Note: This update requires that the latest update to Essentials Deluxe is also installed. ZUD will no longer work unless Essentials Deluxe is also updated.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Hi I'm sorry for bothering you again but I think I have found two more bugs:

1) I noticed that both the player and the CPU are able to do Z moves even if the Pokémon is holding a different item than a Z crystal, I think all Pokémon are able to do them as long as someone in the team have a Z Crystal but this last part it's only my speculation
    2) When Pokémon from the CPU use the Gigamoves like cannonade/wild fire the effect of the DoT are still only for their Pokémon instead of player Pokémon

this is it at the moment

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi I'm sorry for bothering you again but I think I have found two more bugs:

1) I noticed that both the player and the CPU are able to do Z moves even if the Pokémon is holding a different item than a Z crystal, I think all Pokémon are able to do them as long as someone in the team have a Z Crystal but this last part it's only my speculation
    2) When Pokémon from the CPU use the Gigamoves like cannonade/wild fire the effect of the DoT are still only for their Pokémon instead of player Pokémon

this is it at the moment

EDIT: NVM, I fixed both issues. Update posted below.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.4)
    • Fixed a bug introduced in the last update that allowed for Z-Moves to be available even when a Z-Crystal was not being held.
    • Fixed a bug with effects that applied to one side of the field always applying to the foe's side, even when used against the player.
    • Added a new music file to be played in raids. This is the "capture" theme that plays once the raid Pokemon is defeated and becomes catchable.

Years
    • Seen today
    Perfect <3 Hopefully this is the last time

Probably not. People were still finding bugs with the v19.1 version of ZUD right up until the release of this version lol. Even though it's annoying, I'm happy when people report stuff because it means I can make the plugin better.

VentZX00

''Lord Of Graphics''
    Years
    I need to know where do you get this Gen 8 icons
    ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Here I'm again, when i tried to use Giga Cannonade there was this error:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:180:in `createProcesses'
    193:Battle_Scene_BaseAnimation:12:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:111:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:377:in `new'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:377:in `pbShowZMove'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Move.rb:55:in `pbDisplayUseMessage'
    166:Battler_UseMove:288:in `pbUseMove'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:120:in `pbUseMove'
    166:Battler_UseMove:52:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
    012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'

Years
    • Seen today
    Here I'm again, when i tried to use Giga Cannonade there was this error:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:180:in `createProcesses'
    193:Battle_Scene_BaseAnimation:12:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:111:in `initialize'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:377:in `new'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb:377:in `pbShowZMove'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Move.rb:55:in `pbDisplayUseMessage'
    166:Battler_UseMove:288:in `pbUseMove'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:120:in `pbUseMove'
    166:Battler_UseMove:52:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
    012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'

I'm very confused by this post lol. Is Giga Cannonade a new move you made up? Because the error seems to be indicating that this is a Z-Move, but G-Max Cannonade is obviously a Max Move. So I'm assuming "Giga" wasn't a typo, and you just made a new Z-Move that just has the same effect as G-Max Cannonade?

Anyway, none of that is really relevant to the error. The issue is just that whatever trainer triggered this move doesn't have a front-facing sprite to display during the animation.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Sorry I called it in a mixed way with the italian name of the move, it's the g-max cannonade from Gigantamax Blastoise. mmm that's really strange because the trainer is the main character trainer that is used for every battle so I don't have idea why that happened only with that move and it's not happening with charizard gigantamax or venusaur (I use this two as an example because I tested if it was a common error but it wasn't)

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry I called it in a mixed way with the italian name of the move, it's the g-max cannonade from Gigantamax Blastoise. mmm that's really strange because the trainer is the main character trainer that is used for every battle so I don't have idea why that happened only with that move and it's not happening with charizard gigantamax or venusaur (I use this two as an example because I tested if it was a common error but it wasn't)

Are you sure you have the latest version of ZUD installed? Because based on your error, the game thinks G-Max Cannonade is a Z-Move for some reason. Which is probably the source of the error, because it's trying to animate something with the wrong data. I tried the move out myself and it works fine, so I'm not really sure what the problem could be.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    I'm using the 1.0.4, I'm also using the rtt plugin but it shouldn't be a problem in that case because it's not an enemy trainer so the rtt should not be involved

Back