• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.1.8)

• Fixed a bug that could cause an error when forcing a Pokemon to faint when using Deluxe Battle features.
    • Fixed a bug that would reset the Dynamax eligibility flag set on a Pokemon whenever its stats were recalculated.
    • Added new functionality that lets you flag opposing Pokemon as ineligible to Dynamax. This allows you to set up opponents who may use other battle mechanics such as Battle Styles and Terastallization even if Dynamax should normally out-prioritize these mechanics.
    • While playing in Debug mode, you may now flag whether or not individual trainers are capable of using ZUD mechanics through in in-battle debug tool.
    • Made it so that the following effects added by this plugin may now be edited in battle with the in-battle debug tools:
      • Z-Powered Healing (Z-Parting Shot, Z-Memento)
      • Max Guard
      • G-Max Vine Lash
      • G-Max Wildfire
      • G-Max Cannonade
      • G-Max Volcalith
      • G-Max Steelsurge

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.1.9)

• Optimized how the Z-Crystal bag slot is added.
    • Aliased how all of the battle databox code is handled for better compatibility with other plugins and custom edits.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Anyone know what the issue is? I haven't edited the files at all, this is a fresh download of ZUD.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Error in Plugin: [ZUD Mechanics]
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined method `draw_level' for class `Battle::Scene::PokemonDataBox'

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_PokemonDataBox.rb:37:in `<class:PokemonDataBox>'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_PokemonDataBox.rb:7:in `<main>'
    Section008:653:in `eval'
    Section008:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
    Section008:643:in `each'
    Section008:643:in `block in runPlugins'
    Section008:634:in `each'
    Section008:634:in `runPlugins'
    Section384:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Section384:18:in `block in mainFunction'

I took a break from essentials for a few months so I would assume that something changed in the past few updates. I updated all of my plugins,

Years
    • Seen today
    Anyone know what the issue is? I haven't edited the files at all, this is a fresh download of ZUD.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Error in Plugin: [ZUD Mechanics]
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined method `draw_level' for class `Battle::Scene::PokemonDataBox'

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_PokemonDataBox.rb:37:in `<class:PokemonDataBox>'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Scene_PokemonDataBox.rb:7:in `<main>'
    Section008:653:in `eval'
    Section008:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
    Section008:643:in `each'
    Section008:643:in `block in runPlugins'
    Section008:634:in `each'
    Section008:634:in `runPlugins'
    Section384:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Section384:18:in `block in mainFunction'

I took a break from essentials for a few months so I would assume that something changed in the past few updates. I updated all of my plugins,

You don't have v20.1 installed.

Years
    • He/Him and They/Them
    • Canada
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'm in the Debug Menu trying to switch on the thing that lets you Dynamax on every map, and in Deluxe Plugins/ZUD when I try to open anything it crashes with a message like this:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Debug.rb:48:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Debug.rb:46:in `loop'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Debug.rb:46:in `block in <main>'
    Event_HandlerCollections:121:in `call'
    Debug_Menus:138:in `block in pbDebugMenu'
    Debug_Menus:100:in `loop'
    Debug_Menus:100:in `pbDebugMenu'
    UI_Load:336:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartLoadScreen'
    MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    UI_Load:336:in `block in pbStartLoadScreen'

What do I do to fix it?

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm in the Debug Menu trying to switch on the thing that lets you Dynamax on every map, and in Deluxe Plugins/ZUD when I try to open anything it crashes with a message like this:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Debug.rb:48:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Debug.rb:46:in `loop'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Debug.rb:46:in `block in <main>'
    Event_HandlerCollections:121:in `call'
    Debug_Menus:138:in `block in pbDebugMenu'
    Debug_Menus:100:in `loop'
    Debug_Menus:100:in `pbDebugMenu'
    UI_Load:336:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartLoadScreen'
    MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    UI_Load:336:in `block in pbStartLoadScreen'

What do I do to fix it?

You have to be in game to use this feature. Using it on the load screen will crash the game, because the data it requires doesn't exist yet.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.2)
    **IMPORTANT** This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. **IMPORTANT**

• Max Raid Pokemon will now generate with a size value between 200-255.
    • When choosing to capture a weakened Max Raid Pokemon, the screen will now properly fade into the bag menu when selecting a ball.
    • A fleeing animation will now play when a Max Raid Pokemon isn't captured and it escapes into the den.
    • If a Raid Pokemon KO's multiple Pokemon in one turn with a spread move that reduces the raid's KO counter to zero, the "You were blown out of the den" message now only displays after all Pokemon have fainted, instead of repeating itself for each fainted Pokemon.
    • Fixed a bug with Raid Battles where it would still prompt you to capture the Raid Pokemon if you somehow lost the raid on the same turn that you defeated the Raid Pokemon. The capture prompt will no longer occur in these cases, and any situation where the battle ends in a "draw", it will still count as a loss.
    • The following statistics are now tracked by the game, and can be accessed with the following scripts:
      • $stats.zmove_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used a Z-Move.
      • $stats.status_zmove_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has specifically used a Z-Powered status move.
      • $stats.ultra_burst_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Ultra Burst.
      • $stats.dynamax_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Dynamax.
      • $stats.gigantamax_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has Gigantamaxed a Pokemon.
      • $stats.total_dynamax_lvls_gained: Tracks the total number of Dynamax Levels gained by the player's Pokemon by the use of Dynamax Candies.
      • $stats.total_gmax_factors_given: Tracks the total number of times G-Max Factor has been gained by the player's Pokemon by the use of Max Soup.
      • $stats.max_raid_dens_entered: Tracks the total number of times the player has entered a Max Raid Den.
      • $stats.max_raid_dens_cleared: Tracks the total number of times the player has successfully cleared a Max Raid Den.
      • $stats.max_lairs_entered: Tracks the total number of times the player has entered a Max Lair to begin a Dynamax Adventure.
      • $stats.dark_lairs_entered: Tracks the total number of times the player has entered a Dark Lair to begin a Dynamax Adventure.
      • $stats.endless_lairs_entered: Tracks the total number of times the player has entered a Max Lair in Endless Mode.
      • $stats.max_lairs_cleared: Tracks the total number of times the player has successfully cleared a Max Lair or Dark Lair during a Dynamax Adventure.
      • $stats.endless_lair_records: Tracks the total number of times the player has set a new Endless Mode record during a Dynamax Adventure.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.2.1)

• Fixed a visual error in the Summary that would display the G-Max Factor icon on a higher layer than other UI's that are meant to overlap it. This would cause conflicts with other plugins that edit the Summary, such as the Improved Mementos plugin.

Years
  • I am getting an error when starting up. It keeps telling me that the ZUD plugin is out of date and to install the latest version... when I have the latest version installed.
    I have the latest v20.1 Hotfixes and Essentials Deluxe installed, so I don't know what is going on.

Checking the meta.txt inside the ZUD plugin folder, it says that the version is v1.2 instead of v1.2.1. I know I downloaded from the link three times and even after doing a fresh install of Essentials and installing the necessary plugins for ZUD Plugin, still gives me the error that it is out of date.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I am getting an error when starting up. It keeps telling me that the ZUD plugin is out of date and to install the latest version... when I have the latest version installed.
    I have the latest v20.1 Hotfixes and Essentials Deluxe installed, so I don't know what is going on.

Checking the meta.txt inside the ZUD plugin folder, it says that the version is v1.2 instead of v1.2.1. I know I downloaded from the link three times and even after doing a fresh install of Essentials and installing the necessary plugins for ZUD Plugin, still gives me the error that it is out of date.

Then just change the meta file to 1.2.1. I must've just forgotten to do that.

EDIT: File has been re-uploaded with the correct version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.2.2)

• Fixed a bug that would accidentally set all of the Dynamax attributes of a Pokemon back to their base values after they've had their stats recalculated in certain scenarios. This would unintentionally do things such as flag a Pokemon as ineligible for Dynamax, removing G-Max Factor, or resetting their Dynamax Level. This should no longer happen unless the Pokemon shouldn't be allowed to Dynamax in the first place, such as with Zacian or Zamazenta.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Hey, I've been trying to put the ZUD plugin into my game, but it says I can't because I "downloaded Essentials Deluxe's 1.2.5 version." although I do have the 1.2.6. Any idea of what's happening?

Back