• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zygarde formes and Ash-Greninja?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Zygarde's form isn't going to be anime only lol. It's not like it's only pictured in the poster, or in the anime. It was given a proper art, and details, that new pokemon or new formes in games usually get. This is where Ash greninja is different because we haven't got that.

Most certainly, Zygarde's new formes will have something to do with Sun and Moon. If I remember correctly, it has two secret moves, so those must mean that something is there.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • These games could be to RBY like how GSC was too RBY. They're "sequals" in a sense, yet in a different generation. We could most certainly see Kalos influence throughout the story, and we could also see Zygrade have some part in the game, whether it's during the story or post-game. I mean if the main focus of the games is the Sun/Moon, which can have drastic effects on the environment, we could most certainly see some action taken by Zygrade in some form.

However, we just don't know, as almost everything in this forum right now is just theory-crafting. Just need to sit back and wait for more information to come.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I THINK THEY'LL try to do something with zygarde, ash-greninja was just stupid.

Years
  • Most certainly, Zygarde's new formes will have something to do with Sun and Moon. If I remember correctly, it has two secret moves, so those must mean that something is there.

The moves are Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, if anyone's wondering. These moves have existed in XY's coding, but it's still unknown how (or even when) these moves will ever officially surface.

Reactions: Zet

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I still think this is a new gen and sequel to XY.

Our starters will still be Kalos but have human like form changes.9 50/50 on this, but still positive it's happening. especially since the anime calls it a mega. Ash greninja could just be their form name like how mewtwo's mega was codenamed awakened mewtwo.)

And I am positive we will have episode Z. A Post game that take us back to Kalos in which we go through the entire region stopping an impending disaster. Re challenge the Kalos leaders, are with megas and stronger mons. New pokemon, and areas, etc.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Well, even if this will be a new generation, GF is putting so much spotlight into Zygarde these past few months I would be surprised if Zygarde formes wouldn't tie in into the SM Story, one way or another. For A-Greninja, however, I think the design is too much anime-inspired and the, judging from how well the games and anime correspond to each other in the past, I think A-Greninja would not have an appearance ingame.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yesterday I recalled something that (irc) Wingedbliss brought up in the Third Version thread shortly after Magearna was revealed. They gave Magearna sugimori artwork, but Ash-Greninja and Zygarde didn't get any, and still have none. This could indicate that they aren't canon...or that they plan to re-reveal them with their proper sugimori artwork at another time, especially Zygarde which is said to be hiding a lot of secrets in the anime.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I sware if ash-greninja becoomes a thing, I'm not buying the games, and any greninja I get, I'm gonna release.

IT DOESN"T MAKE SENSE

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Yesterday I recalled something that (irc) Wingedbliss brought up in the Third Version thread shortly after Magearna was revealed. They gave Magearna sugimori artwork, but Ash-Greninja and Zygarde didn't get any, and still have none. This could indicate that they aren't canon...or that they plan to re-reveal them with their proper sugimori artwork at another time, especially Zygarde which is said to be hiding a lot of secrets in the anime.

Actually Magearna doesn't have Sugimori Art either. Out of the 3 that have been revealed so far, Volcanion is the only one to have it. What's interesting is that Sugimori Art doesn't show up until they are ready to show up in either an existing game or upcoming game. With that said, I think we'll get our normal Volcanion event with the movie in July, but it'll be only for ORAS and XY since SM doesn't come out till much later.

Which makes me wonder... in the case of Zygarde, I think we'll be getting the Formes in SM for sure, unless they decide to distribute them through an event for XYORAS(which I would much rather they not do that). Remember, they gave them height and weight stats, which are only relevant in the games and not the anime.

Years
  • Both were nothing more than ideas. In my opinion, unnecessary and excessive, Zygarde would have been better off with just the cell and complete form. The variant of Greninja is another anime-exclusive pokemon like the Spiky-eared Pichu.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2016
    Both were nothing more than ideas. In my opinion, unnecessary and excessive, Zygarde would have been better off with just the cell and complete form. The variant of Greninja is another anime-exclusive pokemon like the Spiky-eared Pichu.

The Pichu was not anime-exclusive. It appeared as an part of an in-game event caused by the Pikachu-colored Pichu event.

We can still hope that they do put the Zygarde forms in the Sun and Moon.
    But for Ash-Greninja, it's still unknown how it will play out, though it seems its role in the anime is getting a bigger in the next battles from the preview.

Years
  • So, a new event Zygarde was announced for 6th Gen and it sadly doesn't have the alternate forms or additional moves. While it means the event is undesirable, I do however think that means the forms don't exist in the 6th Gen coding and must have been saved for 7th Gen's coding, because it does feel weird to have an alternate form of a Pokemon if those forms exist in other Pokemon media, but not the main games.

So, while the anime may have debuted the new Zygarde forms, it'll be Sun & Moon that mark their main series game debut from what I'm speculating.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So, a new event Zygarde was announced for 6th Gen and it sadly doesn't have the alternate forms or additional moves. While it means the event is undesirable, I do however think that means the forms don't exist in the 6th Gen coding and must have been saved for 7th Gen's coding, because it does feel weird to have an alternate form of a Pokemon if those forms exist in other Pokemon media, but not the main games.

So, while the anime may have debuted the new Zygarde forms, it'll be Sun & Moon that mark their main series game debut from what I'm speculating.

I've been thinking the same thing too; IMO they'll probably give us a post-game "Epizode Z" in SM, and have Zygarde's lore and plot be a universal thing to all the regions and not just something exclusive to Kalos.

There's also been something about the anime that's interesting to me; Ash will be near Snowbelle City on May 26th in Japan, and the conclusion of the Zygarde/Flare arc still hasn't happened in Japan yet. Also, the Zygarde Core and Complete Forme that is set to be in the upcoming movie is the group's Squishy-Zygarde and appears to still be traveling with them. I think that the Flare climax might happen in June or maybe even in July in Japan, which roughly puts the US airing of the arc towards late summer/early fall, which is when the SM marketing and info will really be put into high gear by then.

I don't know why I brought that up, but I think what I'm trying to say is that pulling Zygarde into the movie that also includes a Gen 7 Pokemon, and putting off its anime plot climax until late like this might be a small part of the hype for SM if Zygarde is truly going to be with Ash's group for what might be the remainder of the current anime season... there's really not much going on with Gen 6 anymore, all that's left is the remaining event Pokemon for the rest of the year and the VGC.

Years
  • I know the anime is never usually correspondent to the games (at least in some aspects), but that theory of yours definitely seems to be something interesting. If Zygarde Core is continuing to travel with Ash even after the final Gym and the events of the last 6th Gen movie (which involves Magearna, a 7th Gen Pokemon) then maybe I am starting to think Zygarde may be involved in a post-game event in Sun & Moon.

I know it's doubtful, but it'd definitely be awesome if the next generation explored its backstory further considering we are leaving 6th Gen with little explained.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I know the anime is never usually correspondent to the games (at least in some aspects), but that theory of yours definitely seems to be something interesting. If Zygarde Core is continuing to travel with Ash even after the final Gym and the events of the last 6th Gen movie (which involves Magearna, a 7th Gen Pokemon) then maybe I am starting to think Zygarde may be involved in a post-game event in Sun & Moon.

I know it's doubtful, but it'd definitely be awesome if the next generation explored its backstory further considering we are leaving 6th Gen with little explained.
    Hopefully they'll explore the rest of the trio's backstory too. We aren't sure where Xerneas and Yvetal were found by Flare. I assumed it was the mountains of Kalos, but it could also have been the Gen VII region.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Hopefully they'll explore the rest of the trio's backstory too. We aren't sure where Xerneas and Yvetal were found by Flare. I assumed it was the mountains of Kalos, but it could also have been the Gen VII region.

I fully agree with u here. The said trio has SO much un-used potential in my opinion.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Both were nothing more than ideas. In my opinion, unnecessary and excessive, Zygarde would have been better off with just the cell and complete form. The variant of Greninja is another anime-exclusive pokemon like the Spiky-eared Pichu.

I've heard the forms are based of Loki's children, 10% is Fenir, 50% is the snake, 100% is Hel, not sure where Cell and Core come in.

Years
  • We still got no news about Eternal Flower Floette that has Light of Ruin Fairy move. I don't know if a Zygarde with the 2 unreleased moves will be given before Sun & Moon.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me about this. I am still curious about what is happening with Eternal Flower Floette, maybe that thing won't get distributed at all and might just remain as a mystery in the coding.

Back