• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heyhello

Days
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Hi!

I go by f3ralcat. I joined because I want to join a rom-hack team as a composer! I've loved playing Pokemon Unbound and now with Delta emulator (even though android and everywhere else has had GBA emulation foreveR) I want to get more into rom hacks in general!

I have no experience making music for GBA games, but have spent years building music using MIDI in DAWs and hope to translate some of that into learning this new medium.

My favorite Pokemon is Squirtle and favorite Gen is Gen II (with Gen III coming in very close 2nd)!

Years
    Hi!

I go by f3ralcat. I joined because I want to join a rom-hack team as a composer! I've loved playing Pokemon Unbound and now with Delta emulator (even though android and everywhere else has had GBA emulation foreveR) I want to get more into rom hacks in general!

I have no experience making music for GBA games, but have spent years building music using MIDI in DAWs and hope to translate some of that into learning this new medium.

My favorite Pokemon is Squirtle and favorite Gen is Gen II (with Gen III coming in very close 2nd)!

Hello F3ralcat, and welcome to the forums!
    You can ask about joining a developer team in the Fan Games' Recruitment section, where you will get more attention.
    Squirtle's line is great indeed! Does that make the Water type your favourite ?
    Besides ROM hacks, have you also tried fan games ?
    Best of luck to join a developer team as composer!

Days
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Hello there f3ralcat, and welcome to the PC!

What about Gen 2 makes it your favorite? Do you like the originals or the remakes more?
    Nostalgia mostly because it was the one started on! The remakes really cemented them as my favorites and with their QOL improvements alone make them my favorite games in the series

Hello F3ralcat, and welcome to the forums!
    You can ask about joining a developer team in the Fan Games' Recruitment section, where you will get more attention.
    Squirtle's line is great indeed! Does that make the Water type your favourite ?
    Besides ROM hacks, have you also tried fan games ?
    Best of luck to join a developer team as composer!
    I wouldn't say water is my favorite type - I'd probably weirdly enough say that psychic is my favorite type!

I'm not sure I've tried fan games because I thought that and Tom hacks were synonymous!

What about you? And thanks for the luck 🥰

Years
    Fan games are original games directly made on computer (most often with RPG Maker and Pokémon Essentials), and more about original, fan made regions, eventually fakémon, ...
    My favourite are Solar Light - Lunar Dark, Zeta / Omicron, and most especially Insurgence. Also, there is Reborn (while it has tough battles and hairpulling puzzles, it is the one and only game I have seen so far who counts a non Legendary Pokémon treated as a character - which inspired me! ^^)
    As for my favourite Pokémon and type : Charizard and the Fire type, since I played Red, when it all started!

Years
    Ooh Psychic types are in my top 5 favorite types too, currently in 3rd, but they might reclaim second if gen 10's Dragon types are lackluster again. Time will tell =P

Hello!
    What are your favorite Psychic type Pokemon ? =3
    My personal top 3 Psychic types would be Delphox, Espeon & Indeedee :love:

Back