• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] need some help with my first ROM hack

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I've been searching the forums for ways to set the encounter rates and locations of wild pokemon and replacing the starters in-game. So, could someone point me in the right direction and tell me if there's any software i have to download or does it have to be scripted.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Tweaking wild pokemon and encounter rate can be done in A-Map (mostly the former). Available in the tools forum.

Changing starters can be done using scripting or, I believe, there is a tool which changes them with no other changes. Try searching for a-starter or something similar, if you're not up to scripting.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I've been searching the forums for ways to set the encounter rates and locations of wild pokemon and replacing the starters in-game. So, could someone point me in the right direction and tell me if there's any software i have to download or does it have to be scripted.
    Help/question threads belong in the Beginner's Lounge subforum. Please report it next time Magic ^___^.

#moved

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    thanks guys.
    and sorry about that Hashtag. Thought i had posted in the right place ._.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    To replace wild pokemon in areas, use Advanced Map. It can totally edit it from pokemon on grass to water. For the starters, you can change them by using Advanced Starter. Good tool, even edits your rival's pokemon. Compatible for the two tools are for Fire Red, Ruby, and Emerald.

Back