• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Boy instructions & Patch your GBA games using My Boy emulator for Android

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
    My Boy instructions & Patch your GBA games using My Boy emulator for Android

My Boy is the fastest and most advanced GBA emulator for Android. It has compatibility with nearly every game, and has several unique features including IPS/UPS patching.

Quoted from Google play Store regarding features

Highlights:
    • Fastest emulation, therefore saves your battery to the MAX.
    • Very high game compatibility. Run nearly all games without a problem.
    • Link cable emulation either on the same device, or across devices over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
    • Gyroscope/tilt/solar sensor and rumble emulation through your Android's hardware sensors and vibrator!
    • Enter multilined GameShark/ActionReplay/CodeBreaker cheat codes and enable/disable them on the fly while the game is running.
    • High-level BIOS emulation. No BIOS file needed.
    • IPS/UPS ROM patching
    • OpenGL rendering backend, as well as normal rendering on devices without a GPU.
    • Cool video filters through the support of GLSL shaders.
    • Fast-forward to skip long stories, as well as slow down games to get past a level you cannot in normal speed.
    • Save games at any time with screenshot
    • On-screen keypad (multi-touch requires Android 2.0 or later), as well as shortcut buttons such as load/save.
    • A very powerful screen layout editor, with which you can define the position and size for each of the on-screen controls, as well as for the game video.
    • External controllers support, such as the MOGA controllers.
    • Clean & simple yet well-designed user interface. Seamlessly integrated with the latest Android.
    • Create and switch to different screen-layout and key-mapping profiles.
    • Create shortcuts to easily launch your favorite games from your desktop.

Instructions about playing & patching - *notes*

1. If you have the ROM patched using LIPS, you can skip the steps about patching it on the device.
    2. If you don't have My Boy and don't want to invest money, get the .APK: https://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=96820
    3. If you don't have a PC to patch, or want to do it more easily for your phone, look to my video!

Apps/stuff you'll need:
    My Boy
    ES File Explorer
    IPS file
    ROM file

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

xGal

Mhm
    Years
    Good tutorial. It will help people. There is also a function where you could trade between two games in your phone. For example, today I traded my Scyther from FireRed version holding a metal coat to my Emerald, via MyBoy.

Infinitum

Years
    Good tutorial. It will help people. There is also a function where you could trade between two games in your phone. For example, today I traded my Scyther from FireRed version holding a metal coat to my Emerald, via MyBoy.

That's interesting. maybe I could do some more tutorials about emulation on mobile devices.

Infinitum

Years
    Why does my phone become a black screen after patch?

Try setting save type to 128. And did you put them in the same folder? Gave them the same name? One with .gba and one with .ips/ups? Did you use a clean ROM? Can you specify which game so I can test if it does the same on my phone? Cause I usually have higher success rate with My Boy than with LIPS for patching games.

Graykis23390

Graykis Jiang
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2019
    Using MyOld Boy! Emulator, which has IPS/UPS patching and is the My Boy version for GB/GBC.

I have already successfully! Thank you very much!Now the only probably is how to patch on Drastic DS Emulator for Android?That may seem impossible.

Infinitum

Years
    I have already successfully! Thank you very much!Now the only probably is how to patch on Drastic DS Emulator for Android?That may seem impossible.

That is probably impossible as of now. Perhaps in a day were Pokémon X can be emulated at 60fps on Android with Wi-fi features, but not now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I have followed all the steps and still it runs normal emerald version. Im trying to run Pokemon Mega Power Beta4.1 but it just doesnt patch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hey! Great guide :)

I have tried doing this with Pokemon Platinum Red, but MyBoy just opens up Fire Red instead. Any idea on how to fix this?

Back