• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would you like to use in a Contest?

Years
    We all know the things that Pokemon Coordinators like May and Dawn do, to train Pokemon in Contests!

If you were a Pokemon Coordinator, what Pokemon would you like to use in a Contest and if so, what moves would you make it use, and what combinations of moves would you come up with?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd use Gardevoir and Gallade together in the contests because Gardevoir's grace compliments Gallade's strength well. During the appeal rounds, I can focus on their Psychic abilities.

Years
    I'd use a combination of these...

Gothitelle and Elgyem - I could combine their Psychic powers for amazing performances. I could have Gothitelle use Attract then Elgyem using Telekinesis to make the hearts float then Elgyem flashes its lights to make the hearts of Attract flash different colors.

Oshawott and Chandelure - For a nice Fire-Water performance. Chandy's Flamethrower combining with Osha's Scald for an awesome combination of Water and Fire.

Emolga and Zebstrika - I could get Zeb to Flame Charge while Emolga uses Thunderbolt to make an amazing combination I call "Electric Flame Charge".

Vanillite and Magnezone - I could freeze Magnezone's Flash Cannon with Vanillite's Ice Beam for an amazing combination I call "Ice Flash Cannon".

And that's only some of the good combinations I can come up with in anime-style Contests.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I would use....

Banette's Will-o-Wisp and Drifblim's Omnious wind, having two Ghost type Pokemon show off their moves would be wonderful.

Walrein's iceball and Pidgeot's whirlwind to make a sculpture of some sort

Froslass's Ice Beam and Dusknoir or Banette's Shadowball to make ice balls followed by Banette using Omnious wind to lift up the combined attacks into the air

not too creative with coordinator stuff, if they were to put these in the game, I would lose all the time.

:t354:TG

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I would use Volbeat and Illumise of course.

The stage would be completely dark, Volbeat would use Flash followed by tail glow. Meanwhile Illumise is using Bug buzz with the crowd getting scattered looks at her when Volbeat's tail glows for a few seconds. They would end this by both using Moolight to light up the room with a soft silvery glow.

Years
    Hydreigon and Magnezone. The finale can be a deadly storm of Lightning and Meteors which should be epic.

You see Trolljours! Your patience has paid off and your reward is my presence in your forum. Kaori forced me to post in B/W for a month and now I'll never post there again! Nah I'm kidding, I might still post there occasionally but I'll probably post here more frequently.

EVERYONE IS A WINNER! except Kaori troololollololololol!

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'd use Beautifly for all my appeal rounds.

I'd use Stun spore, followed by Silver Wind and then use Morning Sun to glow radiantly : D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'd use Glaceon and Eevee, I can tell that it will do a really great combination as Glaceon evolves from Eevee. :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I would love to use a Vaporeon, being my favourite and all and a Gardevoir, because of its elegance. I psychic and water combination, making a magnificent structure that is then frozen with Ice Beam and then light up with Thunderbolt.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Mew, because it can learn any move if it has a TM equivalent, so it has a very diverse move pool that can be used for all types of effects. Rain dance, psychic, ice beam, flamethrower would be interesting to start with. There's just so many things that can be done with Mew because of that. Since I would imagine Pokémon in real life would be able to learn as many moves as they'd like, the possibilities are really endless of what can be done with them, and I like to consider myself creative enough to be able to do something interesting with them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Persian. I'd take advantage of its elegant looks, as well as specific moves it has access to. I've written a few contest scenes for fan fiction, and in several of those I have Persian use a combination of Thunderbolt and Water Pulse to create pretty, sparkling rippling waves of water. I've also done scenarios where it launches a Shadow Ball, then uses Aerial Ace or Slash on the projectile to rain down the black shadowy matter like confetti, sometimes lighting them up with a Thunderbolt for a finisher. I've also done things with Pay Day, like (once again, lol) zapping the coins with Thunderbolt to make them sparkle, or launching the coins high into the air with Water Pulse and letting them rain down on the stage.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years

Quiver Dance + Petal Dance = Forest Dance

Rain Dance + Leaf Storm/Leaf Tornado = Green Monsoon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Oh, how I've dreamed about this.

Whimsicott would be one of my main appeal Pokemon. Cute looks, access to flying type moves (more specifically, Gust and Hurricane), and a combination of grass type attacks goes well with it.
    Cotton Spore + Gust = Cotton Flurry

Years
    For contests? I would mostly use Gardevoir because of it's grace. I would probably do an impromptu production piece, brobaly a play or a dance(or both), using cute Pokemon like Zorua or Riolu to up the endearing parts/diabetes factor.

Back