• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen When Should I Evolve Pikachu? (Leaf Green)

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
Years
  • I'm waiting 'til Lv. 40, simply because it's easier to level up when it's a Pikachu, so I can have it at a pretty decent level when it's a Raichu. Level 30 sounds fine to me though, does it have Volt Tackle?

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
  • You need to breed Pikachu while holding a Light Ball then after that Pichu will have Volt Tackle in its moveset.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • 41 is the best level I think. That's when it learns Thunder. But its not very accuate. If you have Thunderbolt then evolve it now. Unless you want Thunder.. Teach it (or someone in your party) Rain Dance.

Years
  • It all depends on you and what moves you don't want to teach it. Both of Pikachu's main moves, Thunder and Thunderbolt, can be taught by using TMs. It learns Discharge at level 37, which has a decent attack power.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • It all depends on you and what moves you don't want to teach it. Both of Pikachu's main moves, Thunder and Thunderbolt, can be taught by using TMs. It learns Discharge at level 37, which has a decent attack power.

When has it learned Discharge in the 3rd generation? You must be thinking about the 4th because I'm positive its not in R/S/E/Fr/Lg

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • It deals 1/3 recoil damage to Pikachu, so it could be better, I recommend just using thunderbolt, it's an amazing attack. Also if you keep Pikachu unevolved and give it a light ball it's attack and sp. attack are doubled. But Raichus are pretty amazing.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    All Pokemon > Raichu > Pikachu

Seriously. Both Pokemon suck in general, but if you want to use them, here is my advice: Raichu. The final evolution of the ugly mouse. Substitute / Focus Punch / Thunderbolt / Thunderwave. Those are the four moves that makes Raichu semi-good.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • All Pokemon > Raichu > Pikachu

Seriously. Both Pokemon suck in general, but if you want to use them, here is my advice: Raichu. The final evolution of the ugly mouse. Substitute / Focus Punch / Thunderbolt / Thunderwave. Those are the four moves that makes Raichu semi-good.

With all due respect an attack of 400 is not really all that terrible, and with a good speed it would own many a Pokemon, all you have to do is watch out for the defense.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • You need to breed Pikachu while holding a Light Ball then after that Pichu will have Volt Tackle in its moveset.

My Pikachu wasn't holding a light ball and my Pichu came out with Volt Tackle. o_o

I was seriously wondering how that happened. Now, I'm really wondering how that happened.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    perhaps becuase he got it from the wild ;)
    and im not much of pikachu trainer but discharge (if its in lg) or thunder are both essential moves to me if u want a strong electric type.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Probably did.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to answer your question, OP!

I usually evolve my Pikachu at Lv 35. I don't know why. I just get sick of training a Pikachu around that point. And 35 is about the average level for a Pokemon to reach its final form. So...

Kakarotman

Played over 2k hrs of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Never! pikachu hates to evolve! jk i would when he starts getting to weak to beat the enemy pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    well, my Pikachu is at level 80 and have not evolved and he is very strong until​

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    When I played LeafGreen, I decided not to evolve Pikachu until it absolutely needed the power boost. Which for me was right before the Elite Four, must've been around 45- to 50-ish in level.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well it depends is u actually want a raichu as the result?

if u want speed on ur side leave it as a pikachu
    if u want power on ur side evolve it into a raichu now!!!!!

Back